ADVERTISEMENT

Wirfs miss 1st game?

Qued18

HR Heisman
Dec 13, 2004
got a ticket for being in the bar after 10... not sure what KF does but his 2nd team violation

Reactions: cychan
Case Number
Offender
WIRFS, TRISTAN P
DOB
1/24/1999
Jailed
N
Offense Date/Time
6/28/2019 11:30:00 PM
Officer
Reinhard
Charges
In a Bar After 10 pm While Underage

F%#*!n Reinhard!
fist-shake-gif-12.gif

Whatever... this happens everywhere. I went to a bar after one of Creighton’s NIT games and the bartender was chopping it up with a freshman who’d had a nice game while police were manning the door. Sometimes I wonder if some of these places prefer it to unsupervised drinking that could occur in a dorm or house

If he has to miss the Miami game, so be it. Hopefully nothing harsher than that

It's a ticket. If he had been drinking he would get suspended but for a ticket and at his age, I would think nothing.

After thinking about this, I see ancillary benefits to suspending Wirfs. First, it will get Kallenberger some needed game reps. Second, if the unthinkable happens and the Hawks stub their toe at Bestiality U, we can use the "if the Kids Day hadn't been suspended, we would have destroyed them" excuse.

Desmond king missed a quarter in 2015, when Iowa was 11-0 at Nebraska.. for being late to a team meeting... the guy was a team captain, leading the nation in interceptions, and missed a quarter for being late not skipping being late.. Kirk doesn’t make exceptions

It must be a slow weekend for news.

I am sure Doyle will have some type of in house “attitude adjustment”

Next

They sure don’t give any breaks to the members of Iowa’s pro football team, the Hawkeyes! I’m sure that made the news too. Poor sap, he’s most liking gonna miss some playing time due to this little mishap, again. Everyone knows drinks happen at the bar! I don’t get even being there pushing the issue but I was 20 once & pushed the issue super plenty.

Reactions: rchawk
And this is the kind of "arrest" that the trolls of the two institutions to our west will cite when they throw out "Iowa has had 16 players arrested in the past five years."
I have no problem with KF doing what he feels he needs to to maintain discipline. But anyone who would be critical of a college junior being in a bar is either a hypocrite or led a boring existence during their college days.

Good thing that as a 20+ year old he had to register for selective service over 2 years ago. He’s old enough to get drafted into a war(if the draft were reinstated), but not to sit in a bar during the summer after 10 PM without a drink within reach of him? You know with the IC Gestapo that if he had been at a table with drinks on the table he would have been given a PAULA, even if they weren’t his own drinks. And if he blew anything above a 0.0 he would have been given a zero tolerance public intox as a 20 year old. So, since he only got the one ticket, he was either sitting/standing at a table with no drinks or he was just there dancing while not drinking. Either way a good cop just asks a person to leave the bars in that situation if they haven’t been drinking and aren’t a nuisance. The only way a ticket should have been written is if Wirfs was complaining or resisting. Maybe that’s what happened I guess.

IC ordinances have just gone insane since my college days. Most bars back then allowed 18 year olds in, many of the rest allowed 19s. Few were as high as 21. Is the town any safer now than it was 20 years ago?

The only way a ticket should have been written is if Wirfs was complaining or resisting. Maybe that’s what happened I guess.

If you look at the police reports for that night there were 13 citations for in a bar. 6 of them were at the same bar as Wirfs.

While I agree that the charge is a stupid law. It is a tickets so it is what it is. I don’t think they will treat it like a speeding ticket especially since this was a second “issue” I would guess half a game or a quarter suspension.

Side note when talking about old enough to serve but not old enough to be in a bar or drink. If you join you can actually drink underage, on base, during authorized functions.

Reported? He probably would have had drinks and a few coeds bought for him by the cops down there.

Lol! “We’re sorry Mr. Tristan, please accept these gifts as a token of our sincere apologies for disturbing your evening. Chief Saban will have our badge if this ever gets back to him that we bothered you.”

good god...Iowa City police have to be the most uptight cops of any major college town in the country.

They have been for a long time. It sucked when the team was getting flack nationally for player arrests and citations. What people outside of Iowa didn’t realize is that most of them were PAULAs. IC cops need to relax.

Come on Wirfs! Need continuity up front starting game #1 not by the time MTSU shows up. I realize this is not as big of a deal as last summer but come on.....be the leader and use better judgement.

They have been for a long time. It sucked when the team was getting flack nationally for player arrests and citations. What people outside of Iowa didn’t realize is that most of them were PAULAs. IC cops need to relax.

All happened around the time that Sally (or was it Mary Sue?) was neutering the fun on Melrose and in the parking lots around Kinnick.

And this is the kind of "arrest" that the trolls of the two institutions to our west will cite when they throw out "Iowa has had 16 players arrested in the past five years."
I have no problem with KF doing what he feels he needs to to maintain discipline. But anyone who would be critical of a college junior being in a bar is either a hypocrite or led a boring existence during their college days.

ISU accepted a verbal from the PA commit that everyone else had backed off of because he pled guilty to armed robbery, and had a DB flee the scene of a crime and lead police on a foot chase, and then start in their game two days later. The only thing sadder is that he couldn't outrun Ames cops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT