ADVERTISEMENT

Without Patrick Mahomes Travis Kelce’s career

Dougie Payne Doctor GIF by Travis

This is sort of why I put Kelce over Gronk. He's played longer and he was finding success without an elite QB. Gronk played almost his entire career with Tom Brady while the first half of Kelce's career was with Alex Smith.

The funny thing is the opposite is about to happen, Kelce is going to retire soon and Pat will have to prove he can do it with out the best TE of all time. He might not look as good.

Reactions: kkhawk
This is sort of why I put Kelce over Gronk. He's played longer and he was finding success without an elite QB. Gronk played almost his entire career with Tom Brady while the first half of Kelce's career was with Alex Smith.
Alex Smith was a hell of a quarterback also. Kelce should be writing him a check.

Gronk and Kelce are a 1a and 1b kind of rating in my book. Both are generational talents.

Gronk is a guy I’m going to debate in my head how good he was for years - he was Shaq-esque in his size advantage against defenses that I’ve never been able to decide how good his football skills were versus just being a mountain of a man. And I don’t mean that as a slight on him at all, just that physically I’ve never seen any other TE like him.

Kelce’s gift has been able to just have that feel for being able to create just enough space to get open whenever he wants.

Reactions: Bobcat07
In fairness to Smith, it makes a difference when you have good coaches.

He had an overall, good but not great career.

I agree but you can't compare Alex Smith to Tom Brady . . . period. Alex Smith is what Travis Kelce played with the first half of his career while Gronk played his entire career with Tom Brady.

That's why I put Kelce over Gronk. Kelce's been at it longer (He and Gronk are the same age) but he was also going to pro-bowls without having a hall of fame quarterback throwing him the ball. Obviously he has more success with the hall of fame quarterback but his success with even Alex Smith was noteworthy.

Reactions: sober_teacher
Gronk is the best tight end in the history of football. Kelce isn’t even the best tight end to play for the Chiefs.

• Angry
Reactions: seminoleed
I agree but you can't compare Alex Smith to Tom Brady . . . period. Alex Smith is what Travis Kelce played with the first half of his career while Gronk played his entire career with Tom Brady.

That's why I put Kelce over Gronk. Kelce's been at it longer (He and Gronk are the same age) but he was also going to pro-bowls without having a hall of fame quarterback throwing him the ball. Obviously he has more success with the hall of fame quarterback but his success with even Alex Smith was noteworthy.
Agreed.
Gronk is the best tight end in the history of football. Kelce isn’t even the best tight end to play for the Chiefs.
Have to disagree here - Gronk dealt with health issues for multiple seasons, and as a result had a much shorter career. He burned brightly, but burned out sooner.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Just the Trumpers. That said not sure I care. If Trump wins the nomination I will be registering as an independent.

Trumpers and Republicans at this point are one. Republican politicians are now being censured by their party committees not for betraying Republican or conservative principles but for defying Donald Trump.

Imagine feeling the need to rage on a message board and degrade a football player's HOF career because he got a vaccination and you believe his pop star girl friend is some Democrat/Pentagon operative.

It's amazing how fookin' stupid you people have become.

Imagine feeling the need to rage on a message board and degrade a football player's HOF career because he got a vaccination and you believe his pop star girl friend is some Democrat/Pentagon operative.

And what about those of us who have hated him long before 2023?

The dude is a great football player but also a giant tool, and that has nothing to do with his current GF or his sponsorships. Just listen to the guy talk sometime lol:

maxresdefault.jpg

This 100%. The stupidity is astounding and Swift has somehow amplified it.

Reactions: LunchBox50
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT