ADVERTISEMENT

Women say COVID vaccines affected their periods. A new study adds to mounting evidence.

I truly only remember hearing at the time it would help prevent you from dying, I honestly don't' remember the stopping transmission part. Not saying they didn't say that, I just don't remember it

I do agree with the second part of your post--alling it a "vaccine" was the dumbest thing. It was never a "true vaccine".
There was some early hope that it would CURTAIL transmission - likely due to people having shorter duration and less severity of illness and therefore not being as active of spreaders. That probably was true, to a point.

But to anyone actually paying attention or with a working knowledge of how vaccines work, it was always understood that the main benefit was lessening severity.

That is how most vaccines work, including the annual flu vaccine.

Interestingly, that is also how many animal vaccines work as well. My dog has her kennel cough vaccine. She recently got a bout of kennel cough --- but fortunately it was incredibly mild and only caused her to cough when extremely excited or barking and she's over it now. In non-vaccinated dogs, it often makes them lethargic, with difficulty breathing and can turn into fatal cases of pneumonia. I'm very glad we had her vaccinated.

The thing with vaccines is you have to weigh the greater good versus the inevitable side effects and rare bad reactions. The anti-vax folks love to take those and blow them out of proportion, which is sad. Millions had less severe illness and many, many thousands who may have died likely lived thanks to the vaccines. That is the important thing to keep in mind.

There was some early hope that it would CURTAIL transmission - likely due to people having shorter duration and less severity of illness and therefore not being as active of spreaders. That probably was true, to a point.

But to anyone actually paying attention or with a working knowledge of how vaccines work, it was always understood that the main benefit was lessening severity.

That is how most vaccines work, including the annual flu vaccine.

Interestingly, that is also how many animal vaccines work as well. My dog has her kennel cough vaccine. She recently got a bout of kennel cough --- but fortunately it was incredibly mild and only caused her to cough when extremely excited or barking and she's over it now. In non-vaccinated dogs, it often makes them lethargic, with difficulty breathing and can turn into fatal cases of pneumonia. I'm very glad we had her vaccinated.

The thing with vaccines is you have to weigh the greater good versus the inevitable side effects and rare bad reactions. The anti-vax folks love to take those and blow them out of proportion, which is sad. Millions had less severe illness and many, many thousands who may have died likely lived thanks to the vaccines. That is the important thing to keep in mind.
When I think of "vaccine" I guess I think of the polio vaccine, for example. Once the polio vaccine was introduced, it eradicated polio.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
I guess you do have mature posts. I stand corrected.

Getting the shot is personal decision that everyone has to decide for themselves. I had a a friend who didn't get the shot because he thought he had a 100% chance of survival. Turns out, nothing is 100%. It's a choice we all have to make and live and die with the decision. What doesn't make sense is for people to criticize others for getting the shot and also to try to discredit the shot.
I admit, it doesn't make any more sense to criticize others who get vaccinated than it does to give credit to a vaccine, after you get the very thing it's supposed to protect you from; - sometimes multiple times like in the case of our president. After it already failed in protecting you from getting the virus, (again some for the 2nd, 3rd + time) but now it's what's kept you alive. "Thank god for the vaccine or it would have been so much worse."

That's like being thankful your brakes slowed down the car, but not stopping it in time to avoid the accident. Well my car didn't stop, but it would have been so much worse if I didn't have brakes at all!

Last edited:
When I think of "vaccine" I think of the polio vaccine, for example. Once the polio vaccine was introduced, it eradicated polio.
And most medical folks would tell you that finding "cures" that fully wipe out a disease is exceedingly rare.

Using that as the standard for whether to deploy a vaccine or not would be wildly irrespsonsible.

To use a sports metaphor, it would be like firing a coach if their team ever lost a game.

According to the CDC less than 1% experience more than a sore arm or a fever for a for hours.

I knew this just didn't seem accurate. The numbers below are definitely more accurate based on my own experience and pretty much everyone I've talked to about it.

Far cry from 1%.

Researchers from Columbia University, the University of Vermont, and Boston University
Systemic symptoms, such as fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, headaches, or fatigue were reported by 48% of participants following either vaccine dose. Twelve percent said they experienced only local symptoms, such as a sore arm or rash at the injection site, while 40% said they had no symptoms at all.

Reactions: dgordo
I knew this just didn't seem accurate. The numbers below are definitely more accurate based on my own experience and pretty much everyone I've talked to about it.

Far cry from 1%.

Researchers from Columbia University, the University of Vermont, and Boston University
Systemic symptoms, such as fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, headaches, or fatigue were reported by 48% of participants following either vaccine dose. Twelve percent said they experienced only local symptoms, such as a sore arm or rash at the injection site, while 40% said they had no symptoms at all.
My arm hurt like a mofo with the first one. A little less with the second and almost not at all with the booster.

I'm leaning against getting another shot. I am in much better shape/health now than I was in 2020-21, so likely will count on my immune system to protect me.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
And most medical folks would tell you that finding "cures" that fully wipe out a disease is exceedingly rare.

Using that as the standard for whether to deploy a vaccine or not would be wildly irrespsonsible.

To use a sports metaphor, it would be like firing a coach if their team ever lost a game.
and what medical school did you graduate from again? You're just a shitty journalist know it all.

That's what a safe and effective vaccine does... you got a covid shot or a flu shot... they're not the same thing.
It's because they are vastly different viruses.

Polio and measles viruses cannot mutate like flu and Covid.
They also do not have other mammalian reservoirs to mutate in, like flu and Covid do (a MAJOR reason why respiratory viruses do not have "universal vaccines")

and what medical school did you graduate from again? You're just a shitty journalist know it all.
I know how to read, analyze and evaluate.

Skills your parents and teachers clearly failed to teach you.

It's not too late though - you could probably still enroll in some remedial reading and/or logic courses at a local community college. For the sake of not being embarrassed further - and the health of you and your family - I'd strongly advise doing so.

• Haha
I admit, it doesn't make any more sense to criticize others who get vaccinated than it does to give credit to a vaccine, after you get the very thing it's supposed to protect you from; - sometimes multiple times like in the case of our president. After it already failed in protecting you from getting the virus, (again some for the 2nd, 3rd + time) but now it's what's kept you alive. "Thank god for the vaccine or it would have been so much worse."

That's like being thankful your brakes slowed down the car, but not stopping it in time to avoid the accident. Well my car didn't stop, but it would have been so much worse if I didn't have brakes at all!

I'm confused, you already admitted that the vaccine probably saved millions of lives. If it saved millions of lives, why wouldn't you give it credit for saving those lives. You have to give credit to the vaccine for those millions of lives, if you don't then you're just looking for a reason to be mad. No one can change that, that's on you to decide to not be angry.

I'll use your example. I'm thankful for brakes because they save millions of lives every year. That said, are there people who have been injured because their car didn't stop in time, sure, but that doesn't mean brakes aren't good or we should eliminate brakes. In fact we keep improving brakes to make them better, such as anti-lock brakes. That same thing needs to happen with the vaccine for Covid or any disease. We don't quit giving people cancer treatment because people die of cancer. We keep improving. That's where you thought process becomes flawed and counter productive. Using your logic we'd never have brakes or cancer treatments because it's not meeting your standards.

I know how to read, analyze and evaluate.

Skills your parents and teachers clearly failed to teach you.

It's not too late though - you could probably still enroll in some remedial reading and/or logic courses at a local community college. For the sake of not being embarrassed further - and the health of you and your family - I'd strongly advise doing so.
We can agree to disagree as usual.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
I'm confused, you already admitted that the vaccine probably saved millions of lives. If it saved millions of lives, why wouldn't you give it credit for saving those lives. You have to give credit to the vaccine for those millions of lives, if you don't then you're just looking for a reason to be mad. No one can change that, that's on you to decide to not be angry.

I'll use your example. I'm thankful for brakes because they save millions of lives every year. That said, are there people who have been injured because their car didn't stop in time, sure, but that doesn't mean brakes aren't good or we should eliminate brakes. In fact we keep improving brakes to make them better, such as anti-lock brakes. That same thing needs to happen with the vaccine for Covid or any disease. We don't quit giving people cancer treatment because people die of cancer. We keep improving. That's where you thought process becomes flawed and counter productive. Using your logic we'd never have brakes or cancer treatments because it's not meeting your standards.
Depends on how the brakes are advertised. If you're told these new brakes won't prevent an accident, but will decelerate your car potentially saving you from a deadly accident, then fine, that's honest... I'm down for that.

If the brakes are advertised to STOP your car, if you get these brakes your car WILL STOP.. then the brakes don't stop the car, it's fair to say they didn't meet the expectations set. And I wouldn't crawl away with broken legs from the accident thanking the brakes for not stopping the car cause it could have been so much worse.

We rushed out this vaccine before it could be improved, and we were told this will stop the spread. Now people like Joe's place are singing a different tune because the shot never did what we were told it does.

According to the CDC less than 1% experience more than a sore arm or a fever for a for hours.
I guess I'm just lucky, but I was very sick and in bed for at least 48 hours after each Covid shot. I haven't gotten the new one yet, but I assume it will be the same. I get them on a Friday around noon and by midnight or so I am sicker than I have been in years. Saturday is horrible and Sunday is about the same and Monday is ok but not great. I had Covid once that I know of and only found out through donating blood, had no symptoms at all.

Amen!

I'm glad to see you're not anti-vaxxer like most Americans are.
Most Americans are not anti-vaxxers. Many were anti Covid vaccine because of how fast it was developed and distributed. That and made up conspiracy theories.

Before you start, I’ve had five jabs thus far and will be getting the sixth.

Reactions: Joes Place
Depends on how the brakes are advertised. If you're told these new brakes won't prevent an accident, but will decelerate your car potentially saving you from a deadly accident, then fine, that's honest... I'm down for that.

If the brakes are advertised to STOP your car, if you get these brakes your car WILL STOP.. then the brakes don't stop the car, it's fair to say they didn't meet the expectations set. And I wouldn't crawl away with broken legs from the accident thanking the brakes for not stopping the car cause it could have been so much worse.

We rushed out this vaccine before it could be improved, and we were told this will stop the spread. Now people like Joe's place are singing a different tune because the shot never did what we were told it does.

Please tell me you're not that foolish to believe a new vaccine "WILL STOP" all of covid. I know you're smart enough to know nothing is 100% no matter what anyone says. You're also smart enough to know that the environment was fluid and the virus was mutating. The vaccine was "rushed" because we were trying to save lives. Again, you're smart enough to know that. You know the vaccine saved lives, if it saved millions of lives I consider that a success story. Just like cancer treatment, if we can saves lives, use it while continuing to improve it (if that can be done).

I know for you it's hard to be on the same side as Joe, and I'm not telling you to agree with him, just don't disagree for the wrong reasons. I believe you're smart enough to know the truth. Now for Pinehawk, don't get me started.

The vaccines SLOW the spread and DO prevent infections.
Joe, you are wrong again but I know that doesn't surprise you. :cool:

You may notice from the below article that the CDC doesn't state the vaccine slows or prevents infection.

Compare the facts from today, above, with the mistruths the CDC was telling us in April of 2021.

Please tell me you're not that foolish to believe a new vaccine "WILL STOP" all of covid. I know you're smart enough to know nothing is 100% no matter what anyone says. You're also smart enough to know that the environment was fluid and the virus was mutating. The vaccine was "rushed" because we were trying to save lives. Again, you're smart enough to know that. You know the vaccine saved lives, if it saved millions of lives I consider that a success story. Just like cancer treatment, if we can saves lives, use it while continuing to improve it (if that can be done).

I know for you it's hard to be on the same side as Joe, and I'm not telling you to agree with him, just don't disagree for the wrong reasons. I believe you're smart enough to know the truth. Now for Pinehawk, don't get me started.
I hope you hold the CDC director and the President of the United States to that standard, not lil ole me. I wasn't the one who claimed you wouldn't get infected if you got the shot(s) that was them.

Once you've lied to me, to my face, everything becomes fruit of a poisonous tree. I don't consider the rhetoric they spewed as embellishment, it was outright lies. So even if now they want to tell the truth and say the shots don't stop the spread but they could save your life, you'll have to forgive me if I don't take them at their word.

Last edited:
Seems like people have completely forgotten the 'herd immunity' that experts kept telling us that society would achieve if an ambiguous percent of the population was vaccinated. The number kept changing, and they eventually dropped the 'herd immunity' angle once they realized it wasn't true. But, it was very much driving the push for vaccines early on, with the promise that the virus would be eradicated if enough people were vaccinated.
Selective memory I guess.

Seems like people have completely forgotten the 'herd immunity' that experts kept telling us that society would achieve if an ambiguous percent of the population was vaccinated. The number kept changing, and they eventually dropped the 'herd immunity' angle once they realized it wasn't true. But, it was very much driving the push for vaccines early on, with the promise that the virus would be eradicated if enough people were vaccinated.
Selective memory I guess.
between post-infection antibodies and the vaccine we were supposed to reach herd immunity...

I'd be shocked if your figure is true.

No way.

I bet it's at least 45%. That just seems very low to me.
What's the nation's progress on vaccinations? At least 270,227,181 people or 81% of the population have received at least one dose. Overall, 230,637,348 people or 70% of the population are considered fully vaccinated.

If you believe google.

I know a guy whose cousin's friend locked up his brakes...or it might have been her brakes...anyway...they locked up their brakes and slid into a tree and they was KILLED!! You think I'm using them gubmint brakes?? No way - and they can't make me!! I got me a f'n anchor to stop my car!

Reactions: SB_SB
I'd be shocked if your figure is true.

No way.

I bet it's at least 45%. That just seems very low to me.

Fully vaccinated is 5 shots.

That's under 20% of Americans, from what I saw on the news.

If you can find some different data, let me know.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
What's the nation's progress on vaccinations? At least 270,227,181 people or 81% of the population have received at least one dose. Overall, 230,637,348 people or 70% of the population are considered fully vaccinated.

If you believe google.

That's from 2022.

Fully vaccinated is 5 shots.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT