ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Movie You Watched in its Entirety

Goergs

All-Conference
Oct 1, 2014
I am a big RDJ fan, but Due Date was the worst piece of trash I have ever watched.
The wife and I kept waiting for it to get better... But it kept getting worse.

Worst I sat through in a theater, I think, was "Once Upon a Crime" back in the late 80s. Thought it would be funny, but it was awful. Recently, I'll say "Wolf of Wall Street". Had potential, but it was terrible.

Reactions: OC_Hawk
The Tarzan movie with Bo Derek from the 80's.

Special mention: The Jurassic Park movie where the T-Rex pilots the ship to port and walks around San Diego unnoticed.

Reactions: coloradonoles
Since I can only remember more recent films that were awful, I'll go with the following:

Lucy. What an absolute piece of trash.

Bringing up the rear is the final installment of the Hobbit trilogy (first two weren't good either, mind you) and Foxcatcher.

YS: I loved Sideways, by the way. I can certainly see why some people would hate it, though.

The answer has always been, and always will be, The Blair Witch Project. Worst piece of garbage I've ever seen.

Special mention goes to Lost in Translation, but seeing as how I've never actually been able to make it through the entire thing, it has to be disqualified for obvious reasons.

Worst I sat through in a theater, I think, was "Once Upon a Crime" back in the late 80s. Thought it would be funny, but it was awful. Recently, I'll say "Wolf of Wall Street". Had potential, but it was terrible.

When are we getting the thumbs down feature?

YS: I loved Sideways, by the way. I can certainly see why some people would hate it, though.

I probably expected too much from it (Sideways). It had two funny moments and the rest just ended up annoying/boring the living sh*t out of me. I love Paul Giamatti too and Thomas Haden Church. Was prepared to like it, but it was overrated IMO.

For me, Spanglish was a brutal beating. My wife wanted to see it. As a general rule, I detest Adam Sandler even in his funny movies. He's a one-trick pony and watching him try to act seriously was painful. In fact, my guess is if you listed Worst Movies of all time, Sandler would have more than a few.

Matrix Revolutions, the second installment of the Matrix trilogy completely ruined the whole thing for. I've only seen bits of pieces of the final installment. I loved the Matrix. Wish they would have stopped there.

Anchorman 2 was BRUTAL. First 30 mom were ok l, after that it was a mess.

In the theater it was I Love You to Death. On television the first thing that came to mind was Hope Floats.

Good call on the Wolf of Wall Street. I never understood why it was so well regarded. I guess when Scorcese puts his name on something it automatically has some fans. To me it was just drug use for the sake of drug use. It was terrible.

I am a big RDJ fan, but Due Date was the worst piece of trash I have ever watched.

My Own Private Idaho. 1991 movie with River Phoenix and Keanu Reeves. Only watched it to the end because I figured there had to be something to make the movie somewhat plausible. There wasn't.

Frozen...Saw it with my eight year old. I about fell asleep three times. Horribly boring.

Frozen...Saw it with my eight year old. I about fell asleep three times. Horribly boring.

Seeing how much my 8-year-old daughter loved this movie and the music, that's all that mattered to me. And truthfully, I've found some other kids movies far more boring than this one. It had decent music and it's based on a Hans Christian Anderson story, so not going to place it in the worst movies I've seen.

Wanted to like Sherman and Peabody movie, and it did include some funny scenes, but kind of a disappointment. Again, though, this is worst, not boring or disappointing.

In the theatre:
Snake Eyes
The Lone Ranger

Unfortunately I was with other people and couldn't walk out. But holy hell these films were excruciating to watch.

Oh God, I forgot about Lone Ranger. I didn't see it in the theatre, but watched in one night on FIOs. Holy crap that movie sucked. And while we're on the subject of Johnny Depp, you can miss Transcendence too. Doesn't qualify -- I didn't watch all of it because I had to lance a boil. Not really but it would have been more entertaining.

"Kitten With a Whip" probably would rank right up there. John Forsythe and Ann-Margret.

Sin City 2: A Dame to Kill for. Thank God it was only a $1 video rental.

The only redeeming value for this pile of crap was Eva Green's frequent nudity. Frank Miller & R Rodriquez should be ashamed. Studios should think twice the next time before giving them money for a film.

Jonas Hex was pretty bad, too. Hmmm, that's another flick with Josh Brolin in it. He's dropped off pretty hard since "No Country for Old Men".

Transcendence was horrible, and I would have walked out but had gone with friends. Afterward, they told me that they wished I had, as they would have loved to join me.

Not the absolute worst I've ever seen, though. I get hammered every time I post this, but Children of Men is my all-time worst. Dumb dialogue ("pull my finger'), horrible effects (used same scenery while driving multiple times), and things happening that just could not or simply made no sense.

Holy sh!t I can post on HROT again!!!! Good to be back homies.

To answer the OP, I hated, hated, hated Napoleon Dynamite. I think I probably hated it more than others because it came out when I was in high school and of course, all my high school buddies thought it was the greatest 90 minutes of film ever. I thought it was pure crap.

I'd also say The Campaign, except it was so bad I didn't finish it and therefore does not qualify.

The Anchorman.

I know, I know...how could I go there. I remember a buddy telling me I was missing out, so we sat down one night and watched it and all I remember was how non-funny it was. It was "did not laugh once" unfunny.

I'm having trouble remembering any movie by a former SNL alum that was even reasonably good since say "48 Hours".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT