ADVERTISEMENT

Would this team make the Final 4 and/or beat Kentucky?

StormHawk42

HR Legend
Nov 3, 2009
The Register came up with an all-state all-star roster. Not debating the starting lineup or which players got picked. So save your breath Cyclone fans (fwiw I would start McKay over Uthoff). But could this fantasy roster be a final 4 team or even beat the great Kentucky? And go...

Starters
PG-Morris
SF-Uthoff
SF-Tuttle
PF-Niang
PF-White

Bench
C-McKay
PG-Washpun
SG-Long
C-Olaseni

This post was edited on 3/18 1:26 PM by StormHawk42

All-Iowa fantasy team

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
The Register came up with an all-state all-star roster. Not debating the starting lineup or which players got picked. So save your breath Cyclone fans (fwiw I would start McKay over Uthoff). But could this fantasy roster be a final 4 team or even beat the great Kentucky? And go...

Starters
PG-Morris
SF-Uthoff
SF-Tuttle
PF-Niang
PF-White

Bench
C-McKay
PG-Washpun
SG-Long
C-Olaseni

This post was edited on 3/18 1:26 PM by StormHawk42
Maybe make the final four but probably not beat Kentucky. I am not sure the starting five here is that much stronger than the ISU team itself.

Originally posted by iowalawhawk:
Guardplay wins tournaments, so they say. Not a great group of guards there.
Morris and Washpun can play on my team.

I'd do the following:

Starters:

PG - Morris
SG - Long
SF - Tuttle
PF - Niang
C - McKay

Reserves

PG - Washspun
SG - Jesperson/Mitchell
SF - Uthoff
PF - White
C - Woodbury/Olaseni

The starters would be fantastic offensively, with 4 plalyers that can drain threes. This would spread the court and be a mis-match for Kentucky's bigs that had to try to guard Niang and Tuttle from 3. Could they stop them defensively? Probably not but I'd want McKay who is the Big 12 defensive player of the year anchoring my defense. Morris went the ENTIRE tournament without a single turnover.

The 2nd unit would be absolutely massive size wize, Jesperson is 6 foot 6 and can shoot very well from 3, Uthoff/White and Woodbury are all over 6 foot 8 as well. I think I'd prefer Woodbury because he is better defensively against their size.

Could this team win? Absolutely because I think if ISU was clicking on all cylinders they could beat Kentucky. The only way you beat Kentucky is to be hitting threes. Teams like ISU/ND are who I'd expect to have the chance on a given night.

GT has it pegged about right -- but Rick Brown (writer) had to be politically correct and get everyone represented. You could make a heckuva full 12 man roster with these guys and playing all a lot, regardless of who starts.

Originally posted by iowalawhawk:
Guardplay wins tournaments, so they say. Not a great group of guards there.
Morris is one of the best point guards in the country... I'm not sure there's a player in CBB where you can say they're better than Morris at running an offense. the two I agree doesn't alot of fire power.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT