ADVERTISEMENT

Would you join Swarm if.....................

I stopped watching the NBA entirely and rarely watch the NFL anymore. I have always been a big NCAA football fan but recent changes have driven me away from it somewhat. If these changes continue I am out completely and there are 10’s of millions of others that feel the same…

I stopped watching the NBA entirely and rarely watch the NFL anymore. I have always been a big NCAA football fan but recent changes have driven me away from it somewhat. If these changes continue I am out completely and there are 10’s of millions of others that feel the same…
I am starting to embrace D1AA and lower tier sports now, at least it hasn't reached an unprecedented level there, yet.

No, like many have said it is way of control with players transferring multiple times. Players will grab money for a year and leave and go get another NIL brown paper bag of dough. And at Iowa it seems an offensive player takes two years to learn the offense so what a waste of money and schollie.

I would rather do big things for my family, grandkids, and others also. NIL as it is makes little sense as far as paying kids who haven't even played a down for your team. Name, Image, Likeness my ass.

Right now I'm a season ticket holder and College Football is one of the few sports that I follow.

I view the cost as an extension of my football tickets.

I will say that I've begun to wonder if the NIL world is sustainable.

I know some of the NFL teams do stuff for season ticket holders and renewals that are let's say a bit more interactive than our AD has been these last years.

NFL has lots of open practices.

I know some of the NFL teams do stuff for season ticket holders and renewals that are let's say a bit more interactive than our AD has been these last years.

NFL has lots of open practices.
I would give 2 shites about an open practice and more about production on the field if I were a ticket holder. Better the season outcome then watching a practice.

Wouldn't join if I won power ball.
To the contrary I'd buy the best two deeps money could buy and with whom Kirk would accept on the team. I'd buy me a gold suit made out of real gold and have diamonds all over it and I would stand down on the sidelines during games. Probably a big old gold cowboy hat also and some gator skin boots.

I'd talk like Macho Man Randy Savage when interviewed as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hans81
The SWARM already gets my money, and I don't need more perks.

I've always found open practices to be sorta lame. My daughter enjoyed kids day because of Herky and the freebies, but the action on the field is pretty "meh".

I want to watch an actual spring GAME. Other schools do it, so why don't we do it? Black v. Gold. There are plenty of seats available in Kinnick, so just charge adults and let kids attend attend at a discount (or for free). If SWARM needs more members, they can set up tents with kiosks outside Kinnick and have cute girls/dudes sign people up (that strategy usually works).

Reactions: Stoopsbrother
To the contrary I'd buy the best two deeps money could buy and with whom Kirk would accept on the team. I'd buy me a gold suit made out of real gold and have diamonds all over it and I would stand down on the sidelines during games. Probably a big old gold cowboy hat also and some gator skin boots.

I'd talk like Macho Man Randy Savage when interviewed as well.

Yep. If I won the powerball…Iowa football and basketball would have no problems buying players. 😉

This is a "I got mine. Why should I give theirs?" society now. Think any boomers are gunna give ncca players money?

This is a "I got mine. Why should I give theirs?" society now. Think any boomers are gunna give ncca players money?
Nobody is starving or going without the essentials here. We're talking about the luxury of buying pride and prestige. And, if player X gets $50,000 NIL money instead of $100,000 cuz many of us aren't feeling it, and player X has to drive a Jeep instead of a Land Rover, he's not damaged.

I donate to the Swarm as Iowa athletics are important to me. The portal, etc., is crazy for sure. But being a part of the Swarm makes me feel good for an athletic program that has brought me true joy for 44 years …

This is me essentially. Im too big of an Iowa fan to not watch but I almost have zero desire to watch CFB besides the weekly Iowa game. And also besides Iowa I only watch CBB during March Madness and even then once I saw the game started at 8:30 I made zero attempt to stay up for it, I didn't watch 1 second.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT