ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! Never seen so much whining.

Jesus that's a little racist. How many hook and holds does Garza get away with every game? We'll never know because they are not called on him! Not to mention the chicken wing he uses constantly that is not called. Iowa is Charmin soft. and The defense still sucks. Then you got Fran.
Racist how?

Reactions: Hendy hawk
How many threads are there complaining about the officiating? Maybe one and that was started by a closet Husker fan.

How many threads are here complaining about Iowa fans complaining about the refs? At least two.

People complain about officiating during the game thread. Wow, I’m sure that’s unique to Iowa fans. Trolling another fan base’s message board is far more pathetic.
And what year did you graduate from the University of Iowa?

"It" means that this is a physical game. It's not soccer. You have to put a body on someone. You have to bump cutters. You have to fight through screens and physically disrupt what an offensive player is trying to do.
Purdue did that. Are you going to blame Painter and Purdue for being too physical?

I take it you never played soccer. You are just going to stereotype that soccer isn't a physical game and probably comment on flopping. There is a lot more contact in soccer that would be called a foul in basketball every time.

To the point of your argument, I agree it wasn't the refs fault. Rebounding was atrocious... Shooting was poor. Turnovers were at bad times. It was a bad game.

I did not say anything about Garza
Just basketball in general with the way it was designed to be played as to the way it has changed on the streets
or ghetto ball over the years & coached it's way into college ball. Basketball used to be a no contact sport, hence calling fouls when contact was made. Go back & watch a game in the 60's & 70's & see if there was all the pushing & shoving going on then & you will see the difference.

Do you think players should be allowed to dunk or layups only?

Street ball, playground ball. just pushing & shoving up in your face. tough guy crap. get out of my way or i'll run over you ball instead of athletic moves to get space.
Not the way the game was designed to be played in the beginning.

I love your posts. Please keep it going.
Have you ever played any competitive sport in your life? (golf doesn't count).
Do you think the high pick n roll should be legal?
What about screening in general?
How about a big physically trying to back down another big on the block, while the opposing big tries to prevent it.
Do you think boxing out on rebounds should be legal?
What about traps and double teams. (those don't seem very fair or in the spirit of competition).
You OK with dunking?

Do you think players should be allowed to dunk or layups only?
No. I'm saying that for a game that was designed as a no/low contact sport it has spawned into a pushing,shoving
hooking, elbow swinging almost full contact sport where players need mouth pieces to keep teeth in place.
Dunks & layups are okay as long as you don't plow your shoulder into someones chest to clear space to do it.
All players are taught to do that now. A person in that space has every right to be there guarding you. lowering your shoulder to move him is not the way play was intended. It should be called every time a player does that but is let go way to often.

I love your posts. Please keep it going.
Have you ever played any competitive sport in your life? (golf doesn't count).
Do you think the high pick n roll should be legal?
What about screening in general?
How about a big physically trying to back down another big on the block, while the opposing big tries to prevent it.
Do you think boxing out on rebounds should be legal?
What about traps and double teams. (those don't seem very fair or in the spirit of competition).
You OK with dunking?

Yea I can see you love my posts
Played ball in high school. Does not mean I don't grasp the rules of the game.
You have your opinion of how you think the game should be played and I have mine as I was taught years ago.
Nothing will change except to put more pressure on the refs in a loose/loose situation.
Hand checking was the focus last year I believe & it lasted maybe 1-2 months & then went by the way side to focus on something else.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Complaining about complaining about refs on a friggin message board is the shit that amuses me.

Reactions: iahawks10
Boudreaux absolutely kills Iowa. He's the ultimate blue-collar worker who defensively disrupts Iowa's offense...

and then when Purdue is on offense he always seems to hit any open shot opportunity while crashing the offensive boards hard allowing second or third tries. He seems to be everywhere...he understands positioning and timing in rebounding (Hawks need to study his play)

obviously looks like a 40-yr old but he is the heart of that team...and caused Iowa to be out of sync all night once again against them.

When you are blown out at home and trail all night … officiating should be the least of anyone's concerns … "Hustle" and "effort" come to mind.
Don’t you tell me how to vent in game threads bro not cool bro.

Was following some of the comments during the game and I honestly can’t remember seeing more whining about the officiating in my life. I know that’s what fans do when their team is getting pummeled but good Lord, that was epic, next level bitching.
Iowa simply got out hustled and out toughed.

While I wasn't following the game thread, I'd imagine it was pretty colorful. When fans are frustrated, their sensitivity is heightened and they say things. Nothing earth shattering there.

After the game was over, my thoughts weren't on the refs, but how we got abused on the boards again. A good percentage of rebounding is effort, and you outworked us again. Kudos.

That being said, not sure why you're peacocking around on here. We're solidly in and playing for seeding while you're scratching and clawing just to get in the conversation.

Maybe if your guys had shown the same fire and hustle you did against Iowa in games like Illinois where you scored 37 points in an entire game, you wouldn't be in the position you're in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT