ADVERTISEMENT

WWE Raw

I started watching the Austin Attitude Era collection on the network while I'm on the treadmill, part of it is full episodes of Raw...I'm halfway through the first Raw in MSG from 97, while stacked due to MSG, the first hour flew by and was night and day different then, they actually put together a compelling 2 hour show. Now it's 45 mins of decent stuff and 2 1/4 hours of Baron Corbin.

looks like Vinnie Mac is prepping for war...or his departure to run things in the XFL...

Paul Heyman the new Exec Director of RAW
Eric Bischoff the new Exec Director of Smackdown Live

The challenge for both of them is to be able to write for the PG product the WWE needs to be and still put on an entertaining show...

looks like Vinnie Mac is prepping for war...or his departure to run things in the XFL...

The challenge for both of them is to be able to write for the PG product the WWE needs to be and still put on an entertaining show...
Vince going to bring back Vince Russo and Ed Ferrara as well?...I'm being a little sarcastic with this...

Lol Triple H is Tom from The Godfather and Don McMahon needs wartime consiglieres.

WWE's biggest issue is not embarrassing themselves on FOX this fall. AEW will be a strong alternative for the pro wrestling fan for awhile hopefully.
I think that's why Fox had a meeting with Vince and execs.

They don't want to take on a promotion that is dying and is gonna get shown up by a competitor on TNT.

They need to split the roster down the middle and then keep them on their show...legends are exempt and can appear on both shows..

Use some of that huge roster...make things have a purpose...

They need to split the roster down the middle and then keep them on their show...legends are exempt and can appear on both shows..

Think they should eliminate some ppv's...give a "feud" time to build... Just piggybacking off your "purpose" comment..Maybe that is an old school way of thinking...but nothing seems to "build" anymore when it comes to feuds....they just set up a match between 2 wrestlers and a ppv is right around the corner...

Both hires are doomed if Vince is still going to micro-manage and rewrite things. Heyman has proven his creative genius, Bischoff seemed weaker in that regard, but spent his way to the top.

That would be ideal, but apparently Vince does not believe in most of his roster enough to think he has enough big time stars.

And while you could say that now, that is entirely the fault of WWE/Vince and their creative staff for not even trying to book their talent like stars, and often leaving many up and coming talent, including from NXT, off the main shows for months at a time, particularly right after they're called up at the peak of their popularity.

Think they should eliminate some ppv's...give a "feud" time to build... Just piggybacking off your "purpose" comment..Maybe that is an old school way of thinking...but nothing seems to "build" anymore when it comes to feuds....they just set up a match between 2 wrestlers and a ppv is right around the corner...
Like AJ Styles vs Ricochet......and having Styles win the night after Ricochet wins the US title....and then not doing anything more with the feud.

Reactions: SigMaintHawk
Just heard an advertisement on the radio for a house show in Pensacola next Sunday where one of the matches will be between Alexa Bliss and Charlotte Flair for the Smackdown women's title. Thing is, that title was retained by Bailey last night at Extreme Rules. Something must be happening on tomorrow night's SDL.

Just heard an advertisement on the radio for a house show in Pensacola next Sunday where one of the matches will be between Alexa Bliss and Charlotte Flair for the Smackdown women's title. Thing is, that title was retained by Bailey last night at Extreme Rules. Something must be happening on tomorrow night's SDL.
To be fair, they could do it on either show, since the brand split is basically dead.......

Reactions: DFSNOLE

giphy.gif

Bray's return was pretty well done tonight...last week or two of TV has been better with Stone Cold Kevin Owen's last week. Havn't watched it yet, but sounds like the PPV was solid as well. If this is what AEW does for WWE, I'm all for it.

Bray's return was pretty well done tonight...last week or two of TV has been better with Stone Cold Kevin Owen's last week. Havn't watched it yet, but sounds like the PPV was solid as well. If this is what AEW does for WWE, I'm all for it.
It's slowly getting kinda better.......

But yeah I'm interested in seeing where they go with KO.

The PPV was okay. It wasn't bad by any means, but there were some booking decisions that held it back from being a good show.

WWE has actually been putting out some decent PPVs in 2019, especially since WrestleMania.

Money In The Bank was decent outside of Lesnar getting the briefcase. Stomping Grounds, believe it or not, was alright for the most part. And Extreme Rules was decent enough if not for the ending and a few other booking decisions they backed themselves into a corner for.....

With that said, if you are not at least trying to watch highlights of the G1 Climax for New Japan Pro Wrestling, you are missing out on THE best pro wrestling event of the entire year....ainec.

The G1 Tournament is by far the best thing about pro wrestling going on right now.

With that said, if you are not at least trying to watch highlights of the G1 Climax for New Japan Pro Wrestling, you are missing out on THE best pro wrestling event of the entire year....ainec.

The G1 Tournament is by far the best thing about pro wrestling going on right now.

Jeff Cobb vs Will Osprey = match of the year...so far

The radio promotion changed today to include Bailey in a triple threat match. I guess there could still be a change in the title holder tonight.

So I haven't watched wrestling in years (since the late 90's). WWE went back to being a PG product???

Why? They were at their best when it was no holds barred.

The only big mistake I saw last night was continuing to kill Drew Mcintyre's character putting him with Shane and then having him have a competitive match with Cedric really defined him down. Cedric winning is ok but not for the match to be even. Drew has a chance of being a main event heel which people would view as a threat unlike Barron Corbin.

The only big mistake I saw last night was continuing to kill Drew Mcintyre's character putting him with Shane and then having him have a competitive match with Cedric really defined him down. Cedric winning is ok but not for the match to be even. Drew has a chance of being a main event heel which people would view as a threat unlike Barron Corbin.
Pairing in ring talent with the McMahons has never been good for their character. I've said it before, the shows are much better when all of the McMahons are in the background

Daniel Bryan lost in 18 seconds in WM 28. Two years later, he won the title at WM 30. Attention spans are short. :)

giphy.gif

That was an organic fan movement that got behind an underdog like Daniel. Drew isn't the same type of character. He can go a Wade Barrett route quickly.

Drew has Shane-O-Mac on his side. When he turns, it will work. I hope. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT