ADVERTISEMENT

Xavier Foster

They would talk about how great their other recruits are, and how they are so much better than Foster anyway, and blah blah blah. Cyclone fans think ISU is some sort of basketball superpower. It's hilarious.
That’s true, and they are infinitely obsessed with Iowa.

Oh hey look, you got someone to bite the bait. Now you can repeat the same talking points without having to actually think about what you’re saying because you memorized the Woodbury argument by heart. Nice job there Skip Bayless.
I take it he's a Clown fan?

.3 blocks a game as a senior , POINT 3 . he was very overrated . my answer is olaseni , even uthoff .

Olaseni is probably the only other option besides Woodbury. But apparently you hate Woodbury.

I hate the way you hit the spacebar when following it up with a comma or period.

Reactions: BBHawk
Let's get back to Foster. Not trying to get my hopes up, but I think the visit Friday sealed it for Iowa. I will gladly eat crow if Foster comes to Iowa, thought Fran may have lost out on an in state recruit to another state school but sounding more and more like he pulled this one out. Props to Fran and staff if that's the case. We'll know in 24 hours

Let's get back to Foster. Not trying to get my hopes up, but I think the visit Friday sealed it for Iowa. I will gladly eat crow if Foster comes to Iowa, thought Fran may have lost out on an in state recruit to another state school but sounding more and more like he pulled this one out. Props to Fran and staff if that's the case. We'll know in 24 hours

We'll probably know, unofficially, sometime later today.

I'm feeling good about this, guys.

Reactions: Hawki45
Yep, "he's not that great" if he chooses Iowa.
Foster is a very good recruit. I have said all along I expect him to pick Iowa and still think he will. Iowa prep kids do not pick ISU in the fall signing period. They just do not. I am okay with that because ISU has had a solid program finding kids from other places and been fine. I would love for Foster to come to Ames, but I do not think he will and I think ISU will find a quality player if he doesn't. Best of luck to him whatever he decides.

Woodbury was great because he forced opponents to alter their shot, not because he swatted shots at the rim. Different style of rim protector.

Anybody who doesn’t think Woodbury was a very good Defensive big man and someone who made the whole defensive unit better, likely doesn’t understand basketball and didn’t play any organized basketball.

It looks like those on cyclonefanatic that claim to have sources have gone from 110% confident he’s picking ISU to only 10% confident.

About what you would expect. Our fans would make similar comments, unfortunately. It's just amazing how myopic and stupid some people can be. Apparently, Foster is throwing his life and career away if he chooses Iowa.

I wonder what those same Cyclone fans will say if he announces for Iowa State.

About what you would expect. Our fans would make similar comments, unfortunately. It's just amazing how myopic and stupid some people can be. Apparently, Foster is throwing his life and career away if he chooses Iowa.

Love the Cyclone fans who are saying things like, "If Foster chooses Iowa, he must be a moron, and I don't want a moron on our basketball team."

Apparently they don't teach logic at Iowa State.

Love the Cyclone fans who are saying things like, "If Foster chooses Iowa, he must be a moron, and I don't want a moron on our basketball team."

Apparently they don't teach logic at Iowa State.

Yeah, I read a handful of comments like that.

I'm not surprised. It still fascinates me their fans actually believe they're an NBA factory. Maybe half of NBA fans have heard of Monte Morris. That's about it.

Anybody who doesn’t think Woodbury was a very good Defensive big man and someone who made the whole defensive unit better, likely doesn’t understand basketball and didn’t play any organized basketball.

Exactly, and to say otherwise is sheer stupidity. When he was out of the game, opponents would drive to the hoop, successfully I might add, almost every single trip down the floor. When he was in the game, they rarely did, and when they tried, they threw up bad off balance shots. He may have been limited offensively, but he was a great and very impactful defender. Unfortunately, some only watch the O and ignore all else.

Reactions: owenhawk
It looks like those on cyclonefanatic that claim to have sources have gone from 110% confident he’s picking ISU to only 10% confident.

It’s not that different from some comments I read on this board about Trevor Downing picking ISU instead of the Hawks in football. Plenty of comments about how if his goal was really to get to the NFL as an offensive lineman then he was making the wrong choice.

Yeah, I read a handful of comments like that.

I'm not surprised. It still fascinates me their fans actually believe they're an NBA factory. Maybe half of NBA fans have heard of Monte Morris. That's about it.
I guarantee we’ll over 50% of NBA fans have no idea who Monte Morris is or any former Cyclone player sitting on the bench. Same can be said for any of Iowa’s former players currently on a roster.

The CF thread has been much more active than the Foster threads here. Very confident that he would be a Clone for the past week or so. The flip this morning was quite a sight. Of course, if he happens to announce for ISU tomorrow, the melt down here will be epic.

The CF thread has been much more active than the Foster threads here. Very confident that he would be a Clone for the past week or so. The flip this morning was quite a sight. Of course, if he happens to announce for ISU tomorrow, the melt down here will be epic.

A lot more "insiders" sharing what they've heard on the Clone boards than here. IMO that means our "insiders" have good news but don't want to spoil Foster's announcement.

A lot more "insiders" sharing what they've heard on the Clone boards than here. IMO that means our "insiders" have good news but don't want to spoil Foster's announcement.
That would make a lot of sense. I could see people with bad news to deliver wanting to get it out soon so people don’t get their hopes up. I hope that’s what’s really going on.

It’s not that different from some comments I read on this board about Trevor Downing picking ISU instead of the Hawks in football. Plenty of comments about how if his goal was really to get to the NFL as an offensive lineman then he was making the wrong choice.

The difference of course is that basketball and football are apples and oranges. Taking a guy like talen horton-tucker and getting him drafted in one year is different than taking a high school quarterback and turning him into a top 5 draft pick and regular OL pro-bowler.

The difference of course is that basketball and football are apples and oranges. Taking a guy like talen horton-tucker and getting him drafted in one year is different than taking a high school quarterback and turning him into a top 5 draft pick and regular OL pro-bowler.

Iowa has more starting offensive linemen in the NFL than Iowa State has players in the NFL, I think just running the names through my head.

I guarantee we’ll over 50% of NBA fans have no idea who Monte Morris is or any former Cyclone player sitting on the bench. Same can be said for any of Iowa’s former players currently on a roster.

If an NBA fan claims to not know who Monte Morris is then they're not an NBA fan. He was known as a top backup PG last season.

Reactions: Iafootballfan

Um probably still made the wrong choice.

Reactions: herkhatescy

Or they don’t actually have inside info and they’re in some circular logic spiral of trying to prove their “sources” are correct because other people are now saying their “sources” have him committed to Iowa.

Reactions: hooper56

"We're only taking him to piss off Iowa."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT