ADVERTISEMENT

Yeah, I'm not going to sweat anyone chastising me for not being "proud" of America right now . . .

This country is really, really sick right now. I am ashamed.

This whack job gave out EVERY sign imaginable in advance and all the State of Illinois did was go, meh, nothing to see here.

Yeah, let's make more Laws that criminals and whack jobs ignore, and in this case the entire Fing State of Illinois and it's "department's".

This guy gave out every single vibe possible of one f'd up individual and nobody did a damn thing, including your hero Zuckerberg. Great job.

If we are going to be serious about red flag laws, we need to be serious. Despite my 1st Amendment qualms, I feel this alleged shooter’s social media posts alone should have sufficed to have his guns confiscated, at least temporarily and only returned after a full mental exam.

But I don’t think any NRA-funded pol, and that includes virtually ALL of the GOP, will have the sack to make such a law. So yeah. There is some fairness to making this a partisan issue. I am sure a majority of Democrat lawmakers would support such a robust red flag law.
Sure, let's create more Laws for Dem's to ignore. Great Fing plan as usual.

This whack job gave out EVERY sign imaginable in advance and all the State of Illinois did was go, meh, nothing to see here.

Yeah, let's make more Laws that criminals and whack jobs ignore, and in this case the entire Fing State of Illinois and it's "department's".

This guy gave out every single vibe possible of one f'd up individual and nobody did a damn thing, including your hero Zuckerberg. Great job.
Yeah, I’m the guy that says social media platforms are the source of the acceleration of every societal problem and I like Zuckerberg. 🙄

As @Whiskeydeltadeltatango would say, “go change your pants.”

Maybe social media sites need to take down anything remotely controversial.

documentaries, how-to’s, dancing, and light stuff is fine. Perhaps all political rants and anything that is just social commentary cut out.

the line is damn gray but we are not even close to the gray line yet.

still say nobody needs a gun that holds more than two rounds.

I see you returned from yesterday's beatdown for more of the same.

You're a glutton for punishment.

It is complete and utter nonsense that nothing is being done about this due to a bunch of fearful microdicks.

FW7gilHXgAkiS-n
It's incredibly hard to look at that picture.

Republicans and their gun stance and moronic abortion push is really doing a job pushing independents like myself the other direction

This country is really, really sick right now. I am ashamed.

I see stuff like this picture, and the pictures of the carnage and I wonder if one of the reasons cops are quitting is because they are tired of stooping over dead bodies, or helping helping people who were shot? Maybe they are quitting because they get a call and the gunman has a weapon on par or more powerful than the one they have.

I see stuff like this picture, and the pictures of the carnage and I wonder if one of the reasons cops are quitting is because they are tired of stooping over dead bodies, or helping helping people who were shot? Maybe they are quitting because they get a call and the gunman has a weapon on par or more powerful than the one they have.

Honestly I believe it's all of that and the fact they are hated and disrespected. They absolutely need to clean out the bad apples and then we, as a society, need to not treat them like crap.

Give them access to mental health treatments for their insanely stressful job.
Vet incoming officers a little harder and then increase pay because we should be getting a better product.
Make more strict gun laws so they aren't "out armed" by the bad guys.
Have MASSIVE punishments for illegal arms dealers and anyone associated.
Have branches of the local or state police that are available to contact for claims on social media to maybe stop stuff before it starts?

This whole thing is really hard. It takes a reset, money and patience. Three things people won't support.

Honestly I believe it's all of that and the fact they are hated and disrespected. They absolutely need to clean out the bad apples and then we, as a society, need to not treat them like crap.
The overwhelming majority of Americans do not hate cops. The majority of the interactions I see people have with cops are random nods and waves. And, as a Lib, I've posted many times cops fully deserve the benefits that they get. It's the contract we made with them to be our frontline social workers, and garbage men. One of the unfortunate parts of the job is they interact with a lot of people who do, most likely because they are criminals. That's where the stress from the community comes in.

The overwhelming majority of Americans do not hate cops. The majority of the interactions I see people have with cops are random nods and waves. And, as a Lib, I've posted many times cops fully deserve the benefits that they get. It's the contract we made with them to be our frontline social workers, and garbage men. One of the unfortunate parts of the job is they interact with a lot of people who do, most likely because they are criminals. That's where the stress from the community comes in.

While I agree the majority don't hate cops, the messages in the media haven't been too friendly over the last few years. Some absolutely deserved, some where they get blamed for doing a very hard job making a mistake, some that they arrested or shot someone in a situation where their life was on the line and the person in custody/shot put themselves in that situation. It often times gets all lumped together into one message.

I will also say that I feel that level of rage has decreased a bit over the last few months. However, we can all agree the police chief and others in Uvalde should all quit for being cowards letting children die.

I’m proud of this country.

A few hundred (this year) mass shooters do not cover 328 million of us.

But we have work to do in many areas, primarily in the area of young men feeling hopeless, secondarily with their access to guns.

Congress has now “done something”. Much more needed.
It's not enough, though. Far from it.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I just audibly said, “What the fvck?” upon reading this. We are so backwards here. Thank you so much Republican aholes.
Only complete loser like you could attribute evil deaths to a political party. Wow, maybe you need to step back from politics and even the news and take a look at your life. I don't know what else to say. Is your whole life centered around politics?

• Haha
The people on the left on this board and elsewhere who feel the need to put a political spin on this disgust me. You want to play that game, ok, what about the lefty politicians who wanted to and did in many cases defund the police? What about those lefty DA's who won't prosecute or even hold criminals? What about the lefties who want to eliminate any mention of morality or religion? What about the left who is all in favor of eliminating the nuclear family as racist? The pendulum swings both ways so if you want to try take a political slap at these horrible crimes the right has it's arguments as well.

Why can't we take a look at what is going on in society that is causing this? Is it mental health drugs that may have an adverse affect on some? Is it violent video games and music? Is it the loss of a caring and loving family? Is it violence in the home? Why can't we try and find the actual cause and stop playing politics with peoples lives.

• Haha
I CAN understand why a black man might hold some ill will towards the police, Wisest......I have done nothing to cause the NRA displeasure, yet they disrespect my right to going onto public and protect my safety by guaranteeing every Tom, Dick and Harry the right to own and carry a gun.
It is just a matter of time before some Saturday afternoon some great American decides to celebrate his 2nd A rights and shoot up a football stadium full of people.
It is not "if" this is going to happen but rather "when" it happens. There are simply too many folks who have access to guns. Access needs to be curtailed......and there are many firearms that should never be sold to the public.
when they mention the 2nd amendment they always seem to omit the "Well Regulated" part.

I’m not sure a background check would have prevented recent shootings. That said. I’m for them. People who respect and value the second amendment aren’t your enemy, we despise the shootings and criminals.

Yes and no

Yes they are not the enemy as in they are not the ones personally responsible for the shootings or involved in them.

No because they often stand in the way of trying to do something that would prevent stuff like this.

Even red flag laws are opposed by a lot of Republicans and NRA types. There are fortunately just enough of them that have some sense enough to support them.

But the NRA has far far FAR too many people out there thinking we are just around the corner from a gun confiscation. I mean I was once inside a massive gun store with just about every type of civilian firearm available there. . . literally thousands of guns and the salesman there was complaining about just how hard it is to get a gun. . . IN FREAKING INDIANA.

Now I have guns and I've bought guns in Indiana. I can assure you it's not hard to buy a gun in Indiana. It's basically like 1. Have money for gun. 2. Pick gun you want at store. 3. Fill out one page form. 4. Wait for form to be processed (If the gun store isn't busy this takes like a couple minutes.). 5. Pay for gun and walk out of store with gun. The hardest part of the whole process is having the money for the gun. Takes far more work to earn that money than it does to actually purchase the gun once you have the money.

You can be a gun owner and not be part of the problem by working on and voting for people who people who want to put in place common sense solutions which would make it harder for criminals and crazies but still be easy enough that an average law abiding responsible person could get one without incurring significant extra expenses or being forced to go through a process that takes more than maybe a couple months at most.

Yes and no

Yes they are not the enemy as in they are not the ones personally responsible for the shootings or involved in them.

No because they often stand in the way of trying to do something that would prevent stuff like this.

Even red flag laws are opposed by a lot of Republicans and NRA types. There are fortunately just enough of them that have some sense enough to support them.

But the NRA has far far FAR too many people out there thinking we are just around the corner from a gun confiscation. I mean I was once inside a massive gun store with just about every type of civilian firearm available there. . . literally thousands of guns and the salesman there was complaining about just how hard it is to get a gun. . . IN FREAKING INDIANA.

Now I have guns and I've bought guns in Indiana. I can assure you it's not hard to buy a gun in Indiana. It's basically like 1. Have money for gun. 2. Pick gun you want at store. 3. Fill out one page form. 4. Wait for form to be processed (If the gun store isn't busy this takes like a couple minutes.). 5. Pay for gun and walk out of store with gun. The hardest part of the whole process is having the money for the gun. Takes far more work to earn that money than it does to actually purchase the gun once you have the money.

You can be a gun owner and not be part of the problem by working on and voting for people who people who want to put in place common sense solutions which would make it harder for criminals and crazies but still be easy enough that an average law abiding responsible person could get one without incurring significant extra expenses or being forced to go through a process that takes more than maybe a couple months at most.
The form you fill out leads to a quick background check

The people on the left on this board and elsewhere who feel the need to put a political spin on this disgust me. You want to play that game, ok, what about the lefty politicians who wanted to and did in many cases defund the police? What about those lefty DA's who won't prosecute or even hold criminals? What about the lefties who want to eliminate any mention of morality or religion? What about the left who is all in favor of eliminating the nuclear family as racist? The pendulum swings both ways so if you want to try take a political slap at these horrible crimes the right has it's arguments as well.

Why can't we take a look at what is going on in society that is causing this? Is it mental health drugs that may have an adverse affect on some? Is it violent video games and music? Is it the loss of a caring and loving family? Is it violence in the home? Why can't we try and find the actual cause and stop playing politics with peoples lives.
GFY - the left is not standing in the way of doing any of that in your second paragraph. Go back and look at who shot down the funding for studies into mass shootings. Go look at who continues to stand in the way of mental health funding.

Your what-aboutism in the first paragraph on this is bullshit.

The form you fill out leads to a quick background check

Yes I'm aware of that. But I don't need to show any level of responsibility at all. There is no test to make sure I know how to safely operate the firearm. No requirement that I store it safely.

On top of that if I bought one via a private sale I wouldn't even have to get the background check.

To me all of that is just low hanging fruit that I would think anyone no matter how much they like their guns could agree on. I think we need more but at the very least I would concentrate on the easiest stuff that I don't understand why any responsible legal gun owner would object to.

I mean in my view there should be a shall issue license that one can obtain by simply having a background check and having someone certified to do so give you a short written test on how to safely operate a firearm and then walk out onto the range and have you demonstrate it. Each test would take like maybe 10 minutes long (because let's face it none of this is really complex stuff) but would help weed out unsafe and irresponsible people as well as make it a little harder for people who might want to get it for nefarious purposes.

Best part is that if you want to buy a gun you just show your license and they check to see if it's still valid (a court would automatically invalidate it if you are charged with or convicted of a crime.)

Last edited:
Do you think it’s republicans doing the killing? It’s people of all stripes who are sick as ****
You’re getting warm. We probably should stop thinking it’s these isolated folks that are sick and start realizing that it’s our society that’s in need of serious diagnosis. And, no, “because libs” or “because Magats” or “because trans” or “because woke” is not a diagnosis.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Yes I'm aware of that. But I don't need to show any level of responsibility at all. There is no test to make sure I know how to safely operate the firearm. No requirement that I store it safely.

On top of that if I bought one via a private sale I wouldn't even have to get the background check.

To me all of that is just low hanging fruit that I would think anyone no matter how much they like their guns could agree on. I think we need more but at the very least I would concentrate on the easiest stuff that I don't understand why any responsible legal gun owner would object to.

I mean in my view there should be a shall issue license that one can obtain by simply having a background check and having someone certified to do so give you a short written test on how to safely operate a firearm and then walk out onto the range and have you demonstrate it. Each test would take like maybe 10 minutes long (because let's face it none of this is really complex stuff) but would help weed out unsafe and irresponsible people as well as make it a little harder for people who might want to get it for nefarious purposes.

Best part is that if you want to buy a gun you just show your license and they check to see if it's still valid (a court would automatically invalidate it if you are charged with or convicted of a crime.)
That’s actually what Senator Cornyn did…the low hanging fruit, and got resoundingly booed at a rally in Texas. If so many gun owners poll as if they want some regulations why would they be that pissed at a Republican who helped get some minor ones.

GFY - the left is not standing in the way of doing any of that in your second paragraph. Go back and look at who shot down the funding for studies into mass shootings. Go look at who continues to stand in the way of mental health funding.

Your what-aboutism in the first paragraph on this is bullshit.
Pssst. Abby is in Russia. The reason his logic is so muddled is because hethey enter threads and argues counter to previous positions. He/they just throw out code words and slogans designed to agitate and divide.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT