ADVERTISEMENT

YouTube Chefs and Recipes MEGA Thread

TC Nole OX

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
A Miserychant Production

THE MIDWEST’S ANSWER TO THE SLOPPY JOE - THE LOOSE MEAT SANDWICH | SAM THE COOKING GUY

My Meatloaf is World Famous | Chef Jean-Pierre

Breadcrumbs

How To Make Salisbury Steak | Chef Jean-Pierre

Ethan Chlebowski

Why I'm obsessed with Kolaches, the Czech pastry that took over Texas

My mom (no pics) used to make kolaches. They were so good! She would get up at like 3 in the morning so that they would be fresh out of the oven when we would get up in the morning. Cedar Rapids has a large population with Czech ancestry and there's a Czech bakery that sells good kolaches but nowhere near as good as the ones I grew up on

Good video and great gumbo is a labor of love. Jacob's andouille is the bomb - we get it while down there and keep a supply in the deep freeze. Everybody hates making roux - you have to stir continuously for that 30 minutes - so you can get it premade now and it's serviceable. My no-pic Cajun wife makes a creamy potato salad that everybody raves about...gumbo at my house is f'n awesome.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
That Dude Can Cook with a Chopped Cheese also known in NYC as a Bodega Sandwich

Making The Taco Bell Chalupa At Home | But Better

Seems outstanding. However videos like that are so impractical. You're scratching everything over the course of hours and even using wagyu beef to do an improved version of something that costs like a dollar and I can get in 2 minutes. If I didn't have a job and had all day to do shit like that I'd love to try it. I've worked restaurants in my younger years and when I put the time in I do enjoy making very awesome family meals (primarily Italian), so for the value of my time I'm not going to do a fast food replacement. Still might do a chalupa night at home because I do like the idea vs basic taco or chimichanga night, but I won't be taking the time to time to make my own shells and queso sauce. Taco meat, sure.

On a related note, why aren't there more Mexican or tex mex places that try to be finer dining? 99 percent are either fast food or order by number type places that are basically fast food brought to your table with margaritas. If you served better versions of stuff like this guy vs generic garbage I'd certainly pay extra for it. I've worked in restaurants with Mexicans. My step kids are half Mexican. They don't personally eat anything close to the anglicized stuff they pump out at these 'Mexican' restaurants. I always enjoyed when one of the Mexicans would just make stuff his own way to share in kitchens I've been in.

David Seymour

I Tested EVERYONES Egg McMuffin - Joshua Weissman, Sam the Cooking Guy, Inside Edition, Sauce Stache

Reactions: Bonerfarts
I’ve watched a lot of videos from these guys. I make these scalloped potatoes a lot on my Green Mountain smoker.

If you need a video to teach you how to prepare a burger you shouldn't be making food.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT