ADVERTISEMENT

*************NCAA Wrestling Championship Finals************

I agree the odds are good he would have won by more points if he chose top. Hard to imagine he wouldn’t have turned him at least once with a full two minute period to work with. I wonder if it’s not just a point of pride with Spencer that he refuses to choose top. It’s like he says, excuses are for wusses so I think in his head he has to earn being on top with a takedown, even with no ACLs and limited ability to shoot.
You get what you earn...but you can earn more by being wise. The rules are there for a reason and he should take advantage of his strength (especially with his injury, he could barely walk).

Like I stated last night, Cael>Brands. Yet another argument that can be put to rest.

I gotta say, as a guy from the east coast who has no connection to Iowa and comes here only occasionally because it has good wrestling discussion, this is a bit infuriating. Bael Sanderson is truly one of the biggest scumbags in the sport.

We are all worse off for having him involved. The sooner he is not involved with college wrestling, the better in my opinion.

Looks like I have a fan. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a post of yours.
Nope. Love you miserable posters showing up here every year come March after spending all day sitting on a message board trying to dig up the worst “news” possible. Love to meet some of you fat ass miserable people who embrace deaths and threaten others.

Nope. Love you miserable posters showing up here every year come March after spending all day sitting on a message board trying to dig up the worst “news” possible. Love to meet some of you fat ass miserable people who embrace deaths and threaten others.
Interesting, considering I’ve never said anything negative on HR. You might be projecting.

WE NEED THE PUSH OUT RULE!!!!

This bolting for the edge is killing the sport.

Absolutely correct. ^^ OR...if one wrestler remains in the inner circle then the other wrestler has to return to the inner circle in either a two or three count or it is an automatic stalling call.

In Spencer's 3rd period he stayed in the inner circle for awhile v. chasing that punk to the edge of the mat...again. If the other wrestler doesn't reingage quickly...automatic stall call.

This perpetual backing up and stalling and whistle swallowing is killing the sport.

Good final night for Penn State! Iowa wrestled well all weekend and picked up the bonus points to win the championship! Championship matches were close, Penn State did just enough to win. If they wrestled tomorrow night, both matches might go the other way. Finals were boring and definitely not viewer friendly. A warning in the 1st or 2nd period would have made things more interesting. Maybe something the officials need to look at before next year’s meet. Until the officials tighten up, there’s not any reason to expect anything better next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT