ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Ferrari considering Iowa in top 5

That line has been drawn with AJ. He was great for the sport according to many but being a self promoting heel wasn’t an act. Like GSteve, I’m willing to let the system do it’s thing but GS didn’t have a bunch of BS posted on social media that supports the allegations of alleged douchebaggery.

It's just to funny. Hawkeye fans love a wrestler if they wrestle for them. If Gable Seveson would have been a hawkeye he would be the best thing sense sliced bread. tnt wouldn't allow that to happen ha ha ha ha ha you mean like Desanto? Many on here were saying he should be banned from wrestling after his freshman year, oh wait he's going to be a hawkeye we love him and his completive spirt. Many on here were clamoring at the fact pd3 would be the 184lb a few years back. The same ones that were saying what a jerk he was. TnT didn't stop him from wrestling administration did. Every team loves a great wrestler on their team. Iowa will need to take some of those kids because they are being out coached. past ten years Penn state 8 national titles Ohio state 1 and Iowa 1 don't tell me their nit out coached. Iowa does a good job of recruiting and then the wrestlers seem to shut it down. "Iowa Style"

Reactions: 515Clone
Ferrari is a lot more like PD3 than desanto imo. Everyone has to draw the line somewhere, I don't personally mind intensity/hard wrestling/shoving/etc. It's the peacocking, look at me, team 2nd stuff that drives me nuts. Like Steveson showboating while his team was down 20.
PD3 was more eagle than peacock.. I think the what happened with PD3 and Teasdale should provide some confidence. The staff seems more than willing to take a chance on someone, and if that someone doesn't live up to their end of the bargain then they'll move on.

PD3 was more eagle than peacock.. I think the what happened with PD3 and Teasdale should provide some confidence. The staff seems more than willing to take a chance on someone, and if that someone doesn't live up to their end of the bargain then they'll move on.
Exactly. I'm all for second chances. Let these guys come in and prove they want to be better people and toe the line, keep them on a VERY short leash, and see where it takes you.

That being said, I think Albert specifically is past the point of second chances, he has every female at OSU coming out against him, the car crash passing in a double solid, the explicit tweets/snap, the rape charge or whatever it is.

He probably completive it but he has been busy with his sense of sliced bread
Nailed it.

Drop The Mic GIF by MOODMAN

Exactly. I'm all for second chances. Let these guys come in and prove they want to be better people and toe the line, keep them on a VERY short leash, and see where it takes you.

That being said, I think Albert specifically is past the point of second chances, he has every female at OSU coming out against him, the car crash passing in a double solid, the explicit tweets/snap, the rape charge or whatever it is.
Totally agree on AJ. General douchebaggery and personal demons are one thing but assault is something else. I'm just a fan but prefer to follow a team with guys I can point out to my kids as positive role models, and the drama is about wrestling. Who called who an orange and what not...

Reactions: GoHawks1996
It's just to funny. Hawkeye fans love a wrestler if they wrestle for them. If Gable Seveson would have been a hawkeye he would be the best thing sense sliced bread. tnt wouldn't allow that to happen ha ha ha ha ha you mean like Desanto? Many on here were saying he should be banned from wrestling after his freshman year, oh wait he's going to be a hawkeye we love him and his completive spirt.

No...I could never root for Ferrarri no matter what color singlet he might wear: Iowa, USA, whatever.
And Desanto never had any issues off of the mat. No problems with teammates. No incidents with cars. No legal charges. Any comparison between the two is a completely false equivalance.

It is quite obvious to me some of the people who are saying to stay away from him didn't go to school at Iowa in the 80's and certainly never went to the Fieldhouse or Stonewalls during that time.;)
Spot on. The wrestlers in the 1980s were nothing but trouble downtown. 2 short guys on the team were complete whacko headcases.

Reactions: Auger and Hawkdiver
Spot on. The wrestlers in the 1980s were nothing but trouble downtown. 2 short guys on the team were complete whacko headcases.
Sunday reminded me of Rat Martin when LVB interviewed him mid meet. My cousin has told a lot of stories of him. My dad has some from his wedding. Complete crazy guy from what I hear. Good thing we like crazy.

Reactions: goldenanimal
So i guess the other HUGE problems in PSUs other sports teams may have had, over shadowed the problems that had during those years??? I mean I know Ed Ruths
's drunk driving and public intoxication incident was no biggie and the fights the Alton brothers started and were constantly involved with were of no matter... Or perhaps Galloway's blowout parties that lost PSU a couple huge recruits was just a minor bump in the Nittany Expressway compared to the overwhelming shadow cast by the Sandusky case....i guess its all just a matter of perspective from high upon the mountain you judge from.

Reactions: sabula
This back and forth on which program is more virtuous is such a waste of time. Both teams have brought in wrestlers with troubled pasts. Both teams kicked that wrestler off the team.

These coaches are paid to win. I have no doubt in my mind when Cael saw Andrew Long was available, he truly thought he could keep him in line. Same for Tom with PD3. These guys believe in their ability to lead.

The Sandusky line is crap. That had nothing to do with Cael and the wrestling program. I don't remember seeing much on here about the doctor at Ohio State assaulting wrestlers and coaches like Jim Jordan looking the other way? It's also crap when PSU fans painting Iowa fans as racists. Just useless online pissing contests.

It's just to funny. Hawkeye fans love a wrestler if they wrestle for them. If Gable Seveson would have been a hawkeye he would be the best thing sense sliced bread. tnt wouldn't allow that to happen ha ha ha ha ha you mean like Desanto? Many on here were saying he should be banned from wrestling after his freshman year, oh wait he's going to be a hawkeye we love him and his completive spirt. Many on here were clamoring at the fact pd3 would be the 184lb a few years back. The same ones that were saying what a jerk he was. TnT didn't stop him from wrestling administration did. Every team loves a great wrestler on their team. Iowa will need to take some of those kids because they are being out coached. past ten years Penn state 8 national titles Ohio state 1 and Iowa 1 don't tell me their nit out coached. Iowa does a good job of recruiting and then the wrestlers seem to shut it down. "Iowa Style"

This is universal among all fan bases.

This back and forth on which program is more virtuous is such a waste of time. Both teams have brought in wrestlers with troubled pasts. Both teams kicked that wrestler off the team.

These coaches are paid to win. I have no doubt in my mind when Cael saw Andrew Long was available, he truly thought he could keep him in line. Same for Tom with PD3. These guys believe in their ability to lead.

The Sandusky line is crap. That had nothing to do with Cael and the wrestling program. I don't remember seeing much on here about the doctor at Ohio State assaulting wrestlers and coaches like Jim Jordan looking the other way? It's also crap when PSU fans painting Iowa fans as racists. Just useless online pissing contests.
Mineo flaming the fire doesn't exactly help with this either.

Reactions: kkhawk
And to be clear, I never witnessed or even heard anything that was against a women. But there was plenty of drinking and plenty of fighting. My point was simply don't expect beta type choir boys, but decent human beings. I think that is fair.

This is one of my all time funny stories of college kids doing things that college kids do. I am glad that everyone didn't have a camera when I was in school. I use Ethan as an example because this is something I would have done had I thought about it. I mean bow hunting ducks off the pond at the apartment building takes some serious archery skills. Besides he is a distant cousin, my grandfather is a Lofthouse from Avon Utah.

As long as no one gets hurt. (Car crashes, Rape, Assault, Shot) I think folks need to take 3 midol and a chill pill.

This is one of my all time funny stories of college kids doing things that college kids do. I am glad that everyone didn't have a camera when I was in school. I use Ethan as an example because this is something I would have done had I thought about it. I mean bow hunting ducks off the pond at the apartment building takes some serious archery skills. Besides he is a distant cousin, my grandfather is a Lofthouse from Avon Utah.

As long as no one gets hurt. (Car crashes, Rape, Assault, Shot) I think folks need to take 3 midol and a chill pill.
you beat me to it….. most Iowa wrestler “scandals” involved hunting in the city limits other than Stoll getting shot 😂

if the worst thing they do is thin a few city coons out and maybe put a couple city rabbits on the table….. I’m good with that

I think I still have a six pack of beer his brother made. Or was that Clinton’s brother? Lol
No, I thought that Clinton's bro did coke, didn't he?
So you have six-pack of Billy Beer? Is it as awful as everyone said it was?

No, I thought that Clinton's bro did coke, didn't he?
So you have six-pack of Billy Beer? Is it as awful as everyone said it was?
No idea. I’m guessing it is/was. I was a teen who collected beer cans but didn’t drink much. Lol

In red-state Iowa, there are still rules about taking game. Poaching is a serious offense, as it should be. This "boys will be boys" attitude only goes so far, and poaching is too far. Many of us are farmers and ranchers who like to fish and hunt. We ain't morans who'll kill anything at anytime on anyone 's property without permission. Maybe you should use that midol as a suppository.

you beat me to it….. most Iowa wrestler “scandals” involved hunting in the city limits other than Stoll getting shot 😂

Didn't Dan Gable get a NCAA violation for picking up wrestlers in his truck, during a blizzard, to get them to practice.

• Wow
Reactions: IRONBIRD
No idea. I’m guessing it is/was. I was a teen who collected beer cans but didn’t drink much. Lol
I used to put car wax on my cans. Old cone tops with rust used to get a 10 percent oxalic acid bath. Good times dumpster diving at the local motel added quite a few out of state cans.

Reactions: el dub
I used to put car wax on my cans. Old cone tops with rust used to get a 10 percent oxalic acid bath. Good times dumpster diving at the local motel added quite a few out of state cans.
I think I still have a few cone tops. Out of state/country trips with a step dad who REALLY liked beer was my ticket to collecting cans.

In red-state Iowa, there are still rules about taking game. Poaching is a serious offense, as it should be. This "boys will be boys" attitude only goes so far, and poaching is too far. Many of us are farmers and ranchers who like to fish and hunt. We ain't morans who'll kill anything at anytime on anyone 's property without permission. Maybe you should use that midol as a suppository.
It was a duck and they were going to eat it. I get poaching. Harvesting barley late one year found a bull elk with the head removed and nothing else. At least pull the back straps! I had the Fish and Game out so fast your head would spin. Some one taking a duck and eating it. Sorry I give that one a pass. I even give most big game a pass if I know the meat is being harvested by someone who genuinely will utilize it. Rather it in the freezer than a hood ornament on my car.

I hit a fawn once with my side cutter while laying down a first cutting one year. The mom was standing about 30 feet away but I was too stupid to put 2 and 2 together as to why. The crows were first and the vultures came next.

I hit a fawn once with my side cutter while laying down a first cutting one year. The mom was standing about 30 feet away but I was too stupid to put 2 and 2 together as to why. The crows were first and the vultures came next.
That sucks! I put one through the swather once. Mom had put it down in the grass at the edge of the field. I didn't notice until I had sucked it into the conditioner rollers. Not one of my better moves. Absolute worst farming wildlife wreck was when I ran a skunk though the mower conditioner. Every time we got into some damp hay for the next year the smell came back.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
It was a duck and they were going to eat it. I get poaching. Harvesting barley late one year found a bull elk with the head removed and nothing else. At least pull the back straps! I had the Fish and Game out so fast your head would spin. Some one taking a duck and eating it. Sorry I give that one a pass. I even give most big game a pass if I know the meat is being harvested by someone who genuinely will utilize it. Rather it in the freezer than a hood ornament on my car.
You guys ever eat wild duck? It’s no bueno, imo.

I had that same experience with a fawn, only it was a couple young eagles that kept coming after the carcass for about a day while the poor mother stood helplessly by trying to shoo them away.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
I feel like it should go without saying that Angelo Ferrari is not his brother, nor should he be painted with his brother's brush, or even his father's brush. Countless examples of families with wildly different siblings. Angelo is his own man and should be allowed to succeed or fail on his own.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT