ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Ferrari considering Iowa in top 5

My thoughts on any of the Ferraris.

The talent and potential for greatness is obvious.

It's not so much the over the top alpha male schtick and narcissism any coach will have to manage.

The biggest risk that clan carries with it for a program is, which team mates are out getting drunk, at the same party, or in the back seat of his car, when he inevitably does something very stupid.

I'll pass, just on the potential for collateral damage.

Reactions: Idahopennstatefan
never heard that one….. that’s hard to believe

Well I think I just wasted to much time searching and couldn't find anything. But that doesn't mean anything....couldn't find anything on ncaa infractions from the 80s. Do remember something like that though, jyst because how stupid it was. It was an infraction because it wasn't a benefit given all students, or something like that.

Reactions: natchrlman

It's not so much the over the top alpha male schtick and narcissism any coach will have to manage.

The biggest risk that clan carries with it for a program is, which team mates are out getting drunk, at the same party, or in the back seat of his car, when he inevitably does something very stupid.

I’m curious. I wonder if PSU were in his top 5 would your opinion be different?

Which kid? Because the younger shouldn’t be judged by his brother or father’s actions, imo.

Well I think I just wasted to much time searching and couldn't find anything. But that doesn't mean anything....couldn't find anything on ncaa infractions from the 80s. Do remember something like that though, jyst because how stupid it was. It was an infraction because it wasn't a benefit given all students, or something like that.
The NCAA was the home of the ‘okay to give the recruit a bagel but if you gave them cream cheese that’s a violation.’

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Wrestled in college mid to late 80's, and the posts above about rules and crap are no joke! I remember just the banded substance "book" they gave us. Too much coffee, aspirin, etc..... was all on there!

In any case we are getting ahead of ourselves. The first thing is to get this young Ferrari kid to IOWA!!! Should be the #1 thing on the recruiting list.

After that, you could see if there is even any discussion about the other ones including the dumb ass AJ. As I had said, IF there was any discussion, it would have to go in a way that makes perfect sense for the HAWKS!

"We may give him a shot if he is will to adhere to(and you read him the riot act)!" Now I would be on the horn with John Smith to see what the kid was like in practice? The reason I say this is, I had a kid who was a big problem. Kid had a troubled past, father found shot dead in an empty lot by their house.

Only returning state champion I ever heard of getting thrown off a team! Was the best HS wrestler I ever coached. In any case, he was thrown off for academics, they wouldn't even let him practice. How does this help a kid? In the room, he was great, never a problem, and I can work with him. I can ride his ass. Tell him every day how he has to do better, has to do his work, has to respect his teachers etc....

Could have made a difference? We will never know. Could this AJ kid be straightened out? Many say no, they may be right? IF, however he was willing to come and sign an agreement. You don't drink, smoke, party, drive 5 MPH over the speed limit!!!! IF he could do all this for a semester and through Summer, maybe, he gets a shot?

It is probably 99-1 that everything could happen.

Wrestled in college mid to late 80's, and the posts above about rules and crap are no joke! I remember just the banded substance "book" they gave us. Too much coffee, aspirin, etc..... was all on there!

In any case we are getting ahead of ourselves. The first thing is to get this young Ferrari kid to IOWA!!! Should be the #1 thing on the recruiting list.

After that, you could see if there is even any discussion about the other ones including the dumb ass AJ. As I had said, IF there was any discussion, it would have to go in a way that makes perfect sense for the HAWKS!

"We may give him a shot if he is will to adhere to(and you read him the riot act)!" Now I would be on the horn with John Smith to see what the kid was like in practice? The reason I say this is, I had a kid who was a big problem. Kid had a troubled past, father found shot dead in an empty lot by their house.

Only returning state champion I ever heard of getting thrown off a team! Was the best HS wrestler I ever coached. In any case, he was thrown off for academics, they wouldn't even let him practice. How does this help a kid? In the room, he was great, never a problem, and I can work with him. I can ride his ass. Tell him every day how he has to do better, has to do his work, has to respect his teachers etc....

Could have made a difference? We will never know. Could this AJ kid be straightened out? Many say no, they may be right? IF, however he was willing to come and sign an agreement. You don't drink, smoke, party, drive 5 MPH over the speed limit!!!! IF he could do all this for a semester and through Summer, maybe, he gets a shot?

It is probably 99-1 that everything could happen.
Would the university even admit an accused rapist?

thrown off for academics, they wouldn't even let him practice. How does this help a kid?
I don't think it does. I am with you on this one.

Most public schools say athletics are an extension of the classroom, and probably think their athletic participation requirements aren't too onerous. So I guess by preventing his wrestling participation, they thought he'd re-focus on academics. But much depends on what a HS kid wants from life, as they can perceive it at that age.

Last edited:
Reactions: natchrlman
I’m curious. I wonder if PSU were in his top 5 would your opinion be different?
Facundo. Barr, Ryder, Haines and Sealy (yes I know he lost to Ferrari) help make this an easy decision for me. No.. I don't want him at PSU.

One thing about this kid probably most people are not even thinking about is social media and what his dirt bag brother could do to a program, even if AJ is nowhere near the program. Say he or his daddy disagrees about how a coaching staff is handling their son/brother. Or he takes some losses or isn't developing the way they think he should. Do you think either would have a problem running down the coaching staff and program? Or if the kid isn't happy there and goes into the portal, which isn't far fetched considering how much that family moves around. Wouldn't put it past them to try to burn a program down on their way out. Didn't they try to do this at Blair on their way out? I don't know so I'm asking.

I'd pass....

Facundo. Barr, Ryder, Haines and Sealy (yes I know he lost to Ferrari) help make this an easy decision for me. No.. I don't want him at PSU.

One thing about this kid probably most people are not even thinking about is social media and what his dirt bag brother could do to a program, even if AJ is nowhere near the program. Say he or his daddy disagrees about how a coaching staff is handling their son/brother. Or he takes some losses or isn't developing the way they think he should. Do you think either would have a problem running down the coaching staff and program? Or if the kid isn't happy there and goes into the portal, which isn't far fetched considering how much that family moves around. Wouldn't put it past them to try to burn a program down on their way out. Didn't they try to do this at Blair on their way out? I don't know so I'm asking.

I'd pass....
Now if I were a Hawkeye fan? Yeah, I'd want Iowa to take a chance on him. You do crazy shit like that when you become desperate to get back on top. :)

Last edited:
Would the university even admit an accused rapist?
A member here said that it was posted that he was not charged. I do not know anything about his case, but obviously if convicted of rape, everything I have said wouldn't matter as he would have jail time to serve I would imagine. Also do not believe he was ever charged with rape.
I don't think it does. I am with you on this one.

Most public schools say athletics are an extension of the classroom, and probably think their athletic participation requirements aren't too onerous. So I guess buy preventing his wrestling participation, they thought he'd re-focus on academics. But much depends in what a HS kid wants from life, as they can perceive it at that age.
Wondering.. was that part of his troubled past or a subsequent result of it after you had him?
Was in his past. I actually came into the school after he had won a title. I stepped into a bit of a Bee hive. I was young, just out of college. Knew a lot of wrestling, but had a lot to learn about how shit in the real world works sometimes. I did build a decent team, but was fighting on too many fronts to make it worth staying in that district.

As for the schools, academic ineligibility policies are nothing more then BS!!! Taking a positive away is never a good answer! Good coaches work with their athletes. Teachers, parents, can come to them with problems that the coach may be able to help solve. One coach I had always talked about doing the right thing. He would say you could be good 99% of the time, do one thing wrong and he will hear about it!

All "extra circular activities" should never be labeled as such!!! In other words, for many, including myself. Sports(for me) was the most important thing about school. I could care less about anything else honestly. Not saying it is right or the only way, just saying it is how it was and it got me into college.

I do not know how it works in other states, but here it is used against the taxpayers. If the budget is not passed, the first thing the POS cut is extra circular activities. I worked in public schools for many years, the waste is disgusting! You could so much fat, anyway rather not get into it

Now if I were a Hawkeye fan? Yeah, I'd want Iowa to take a chance on him. You do crazy shit like that when you become desperate to get back on top. :)
We will be back on top very soon! I am talking about a HUGE multi year run!!!!

The Mocco family drove Jimmy crazy but delivered two titles. Tommy's gotta earn his paycheck. Higher risk = higher reward. Bring him in!

Yes. Like someone once said, "Fortune favors the brave" ... wait a minute .... might've been Matt Damon. 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: johnstownsteel
Very high minded of you. You'll just have to suffer with Facundo, Barr, Ryder, Haines and Sealy - btw, all top 10 p4p. And you can add Van Ness and Gibson to that list of top 10 p4p'ers headed for PSU.

Somehow, Cael must find a way to turn those 7 mediocre top 10 p4p guys into elite wrestlers.

Very high minded of you. You'll just have to suffer with Facundo, Barr, Ryder, Haines and Sealy - btw, all top 10 p4p. And you can add Van Ness and Gibson to that list of top 10 p4p'ers headed for PSU.

Somehow, Cael must find a way to turn those 7 mediocre top 10 p4p guys into elite wrestlers.
Yes he can and now he has all the NIL money above board!!!

A member here said that it was posted that he was not charged. I do not know anything about his case, but obviously if convicted of rape, everything I have said wouldn't matter as he would have jail time to serve I would imagine. Also do not believe he was ever charged with rape.

Ironbird, if the post below is the one that you're referring to, I don't read it as meaning that the charges against Ferrari were dismissed. All of the sources in OK have been saying that he was supposed to arraigned on December 6, but I haven't seen anything about how that went or even if it took place. As for the what he was charged with, reports have said that it was one count of felony sexual battery. Here's the law on that:

IF his dumb ass brother "gets off"
According to the pics that were posted on Twitter, he already did...
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ironbird, if the post below is the one that you're referring to, I don't read it as meaning that the charges against Ferrari were dismissed. All of the sources in OK have been saying that he was supposed to arraigned on December 6, but I haven't seen anything about how that went or even if it took place. As for the what he was charged with, reports have said that it was one count of felony sexual battery. Here's the law on that:

According to the pics that were posted on Twitter, he already did...
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Yes I believe this was the post, not sure what "Mary" has to do with it LOL.

Just want to be clear. I am more pushing/hoping IOWA makes a run at the younger brother who it is said, is not like AJ? I do not know, I am not someone who is recruiting the kid and should know!

I am hoping what I have heard is true and we land him. After that, it would be what is best for the HAWKS FIRST. I am certainly not saying to break any "rules" that the coaches run the team by. Was more talking about in a perfect world where everything fell into place and worked in our favor for once. The possible line up would be pretty much unbeatable in my opinion.

Last edited:
If T&T are ok giving Angelo a shot…go for it.

But I’ll protest loudly if they give AJ a singlet and will never cheer for him even as a hawk.

Reactions: goldenanimal
No, "crazy shit" is busting up a drug addict's intervention to get to the top.
I was just discussing this with my son earlier this week. I really wonder what would have become of GT had he not switched his commitment to PSU. We will never know, but clearly PSU cared more about winning than the well being of their wrestlers.

If T&T are ok giving Angelo a shot…go for it.

But I’ll protest loudly if they give AJ a singlet and will never cheer for him even as a hawk.
Let's say AJ learns his lesson, grows up, and does end up wrestling for Iowa. Now the team title is coming down to his 197 title match. Are you cheering for him?

Reactions: IRONBIRD
No. Would say a great deal about the Iowa coaches if that was ever the case.
How so? Are you under the impression that AJ's life and wrestling career are over and that he should never get another chance to redeem himself? If (a big if) they do their due diligence and set expectations that AJ abides by, I don't see why he shouldn't get a second chance to prove he learned his lesson.

Also, you're truly saying in this scenario you would root against Iowa to lose the team title? You're either a liar or not an Iowa fan lol.

How so? Are you under the impression that AJ's life and wrestling career are over and that he should never get another chance to redeem himself? If (a big if) they do their due diligence and set expectations that AJ abides by, I don't see why he shouldn't get a second chance to prove he learned his lesson.

Also, you're truly saying in this scenario you would root against Iowa to lose the team title? You're either a liar or not an Iowa fan lol.
In that case you would be wrong on both counts. As per AJ he has had numerous chances already. He can become a functioning member of society without it happening representing the Hawkeyes.

In that case you would be wrong on both counts. As per AJ he has had numerous chances already. He can become a functioning member of society without it happening representing the Hawkeyes.
Got it. You don't think a 21-year-old should get a second chance and that says a great deal about you, honestly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT