ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Houston @ Iowa St

I think Houston struggles some on the offensive end. With how ISU pressures the ball on defense, Houston may start to press on the offensive end and have a tough night.

family-guy-fart.gif

Watching defense is weird
It's just simple quickness to stay in front of the person you're guarding without fouling.

Iowa is way too timid in this regard, and thus contributes to their already terrible defensive philosophy.

I honestly do wonder if Fran takes preaching no fouls to an extreme, which then becomes a detriment to trying to be even mildly competent on defense.

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
The only down side about this win was that I got tickets for the game, but couldn't make the journey from CR.

ISU got off to a great start, which was key. Just a great win. Lipseys improvement has been dramatic. ISUs intensity on defense is truly fun to watch. They struggled to score a little tonight, but credit to Houston's defense. Just a great college basketball game.

The last shot by Milan was beautiful.

Great win!

Reactions: NI hawk
Geez, you guys wave the white flag so easily. Didn't we just beat them last year? And trounce them three years ago? And beat them at Hilton four years ago?
Trajectory.
If memory serves we beat teams at the end of a coaches tenure and the beginning.
Whose stock are you buying?
I see a team that defends and is getting some of the states best player the last three years or so. I see a team that could make a deep March run.
But yea we should be happy we don’t have likliter and we score a lot of points against teams.

Reactions: amahawk
I don't know what it is about that building, but teams go in and play absolutely terrified the first half. They made it close at the end, but that bad start killed them.

And yet Biliew still rides the bench. Is he injured? He was supposedly such a huge get for them, I can't believe he doesn't earn more playing time.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Iowa State Basketball is similar to Iowa Football. Their defense always gives them a chance to win.

Although ISUs offense is not horrible, they do struggle to score at times.

The Big 12 is loaded this year. ISU may do well to finish in the upper half, but after last night it appears they are pretty good. Hard to tell with a soft non-conference schedule. Looking ahead at the rest of their conference schedule, they need to win at home...

OK State
@ BYU
@ TCU
K State
Kansas
@ Baylor
@ Texas
TCU
@ Cincinnati
Texas Tech
@ Houston
West Virginia
Oklahoma
@ UCF
BYU

I don't see any bunnies on that schedule (don't know anything about UCF), but looking forward to each game.

TJ has done a good job filling in gaps via the transfer portal, but also has done well with HS kids. I think he is redshirting two freshman this year, and Omaha hasn't seen much time. It will be interesting to see if his PT increases. TJ has earned our trust. If Omaha isn't playing, he isn't ready. Hard for a 18 year old true freshman to take away time from guys like Tre King, Robert Jones, and even Hason Ward (who are all 23-24 year old men).

Anyway, it should be fun to watch!

It's just simple quickness to stay in front of the person you're guarding without fouling.

Iowa is way too timid in this regard, and thus contributes to their already terrible defensive philosophy.

I honestly do wonder if Fran takes preaching no fouls to an extreme, which then becomes a detriment to trying to be even mildly competent on defense.
Way too white and slowwwwwww!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT