ADVERTISEMENT

2017 NCAAs Session IV PBP

Beazley was literally just running. Wow. Nice effort Cash. Coming in last minute due to someone else's injury and making round of 12. Be proud. Get better. Let's win next season. Go Hawks

Reactions: whejoe and Leepe
Wilcke gives up a ankle on the whistle and down 0-2
Legs in
Riding tough
Wilkie trying for RV and this guy is athletic
Beasley going for a far side cradle breaks and esc
Ironside is explaining how Wilcke is not wrestling like he want to be an AA
Dbl for Beazley and TD-wow he's fast
up and out
1:29 RT
2-4
Wince goes for a leg and can't pull it in
Maybe this guy will be tired in 3 period

2nd
C on Beazley
Ca$h is down
Ridden for 30 seconds
Triies to RV but takes the ESC finally out.
2 min of RT
1:14 left in 2nd
Wince a little more aggressive
End of 2

3rd
C on CW
Beazley down
up and out in 3 seconds
3-5 (+RT)
1:00 left and down 3
High crotch attempt for CW almost throws him down.
Coming out the back- each guy has a leg
CW around and TD 35 seconds
5-5 (+RT_)
Esc
5-6 (+rt)
SW on Beazley
15 seconds left
oob
Ca$H just jumped like a cat that saw a cucumber and nothing.
Think another SW. point
They give Wilcke points there for a second but is a 6-7 loss not win

Palacio. No disrespect to him as a young man and to each his own when choosing his wrestling style and what works for him. With that said, his style of wrestling is everything I don't like about folk style wrestling today from the feet. The "twister" style of wrestling with no real offense of any kind. Can't stand it and would almost rather not watch it at all.

I would have liked to have watched Nolf pick him apart

Why dear God why do people keep jumping the PBP?!!! Year after year. I have no TV coverage where I am at and people keep jumping the PBP!

Palacio. No disrespect to him as a young man and to each his own when choosing his wrestling style and what works for him. With that said, his style of wrestling is everything I don't like about folk style wrestling today from the feet. The "twister" style of wrestling with no real offense of any kind. Can't stand it and would almost rather not watch it at all.

I would have liked to have watched Nolf pick him apart

I agree completely. I really wish they could do something about grabbing an ankle and rolling to defend takedowns. I remember Jesse Delgado was the king of this and would do it to get stalemates. Should be stalling imo.

Reactions: DirkTang1
Anybody notice the number of shots in the Joseph match? ESPN was putting it up in the graphic and it looked like 10-0 with Joseph not taking a single shot. Not that I would not take him on our team. Just thought it was interesting

Iowa needs to learn to apply this tactic at the end of some matches.
Yep - that is the way. I'm still steamed about the Dan Dennis debacle - but wtf - Iowa way is just stand straight up at end of periods and matches and let the other guy take it to ya

Anybody notice the number of shots in the Joseph match? ESPN was putting it up in the graphic and it looked like 10-0 with Joseph not taking a single shot. Not that I would not take him on our team. Just thought it was interesting
Yes. Pretty glaring who was passive.

Thanks Vallhall. You do a great job. It helps greatly when I'm too busy with work or kids to catch up on the action with your play by play.

Reactions: Vallholl
Wow. Would have like that to have not given Hall the point somehow, and made them wrestle the rest of the match tied.

Joseph/Massa and Hall/Valencia. Over the past five years you couldn't usually say this but the PSU wrestlers were outshot in these two matches, what 10-1?? In my opinion the lesser wrestler won both of these matches.

Two wrestlers made the matches, and two different wrestlers won the matches

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT