ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting (1 Schollie Available): JBo back. Filip Rebraca, Riley Mulvey & Payton Sandfort have Signed

I see a lot of Robbie Hummel in his game as I did in Wieskamp as well.
If he gets the minutes he could become another Big Ten freshmen of the Year or at worse Big Ten freshmen first team.

Last edited:
6'7" - 6'8" 210 lb forward? Seems like we have a few of those already. Not sure that it's the best fit. I would rather get a solid scoring guard. If CJ goes down we are hurting there.

Reactions: perryhawk
I don’t mind Fran’s hesitation with the portal if we start seeing it pay off in recruiting.

I’d have to imagine it can be used as a major selling point in a world where if kids go to most of these other programs they are risking sitting on the bench their freshmen years and then right when they are about to see playing time the school could bring in a transfer and take their spot.

With how much the transfer portal has ballooned, I could see more kids worrying about that.

Reactions: Jonnymungo
APRIL 2, 2021 UPDATE:

We have TWO openings for next season IF no one else leaves early.

2021-2022 Roster (11 on scholarship; 2 scholarships available):

Freshmen: 1 player

6'7" F Payton Sandfort (***)

Sophomores: 6 players

6'11" C Josh Ogundele (***)

6'4" G Tony Perkins (***)

6'2" G Ahron Ulis (***)

6'8" F Keegan Murray (Not Rated)

6'8" F Kris Murray (Not Rated)

6'9" SF Patrick McCaffery (****); on May 29, 2020, Patrick received approval for a medical hardship after playing in just 2 games in the 2019-2020 season, giving him 4 years of college eligibility (through 2024).

Juniors: 2 players

6'4" SG CJ Fredrick (***); in early Nov, 2018, was decided CJ would redshirt the 2018-2019 season

5'10" PG Joe Toussaint (***)

Seniors: 2 players

6'6" SG Joe Wieskamp (****)

6'5" G/F Connor McCaffery (****; announced on Apr 28, 2017 that he will play baseball in the Spring of 2018 and redshirt in basketball in the fall of 2017; ended up, however, playing in 4 games in Dec 2017 as a true freshman, mostly because of the Christian Williams departure. However, after missing two games due to a sprained ankle, eight contests due to mononucleosis, and 19 games after undergoing a tonsillectomy in December, 2017, he was granted a hardship waiver on March 26, 2018, where he will have 4 years of basketball eligibility remaining; on April 11, 2018, Connor was put on scholarship.

-FzJUQwj_400x400.jpg

SOME is fine. Flexing to the crowd after every made layup in the video is a little more than SOME.
So when Luka would ROAR and flex, or flex or smack his bisep, or that move where he would run back down court, and move his hand down by the floor, as if to say"they can't keep me down", were you Okay with that? Personally as long as they don't do it in someone's face directing it at a certain player, then Okay. I never saw Luka direct his celebration AT someone, although he certainly schooled a lot of guys....This is a highlight so I'll assume he doesn't do the flex "all the time".

So when Luka would ROAR and flex, or flex or smack his bisep, or that move where he would run back down court, and move his hand down by the floor, as if to say"they can't keep me down", were you Okay with that? Personally as long as they don't do it in someone's face directing it at a certain player, then Okay. I never saw Luka direct his celebration AT someone, although he certainly schooled a lot of guys....This is a highlight so I'll assume he doesn't do the flex "all the time".

Remember his too short? I'd say that was directed at someone. And I'm 100% fine with. If you can back it up and can take what other throw you're way, talk the talk.

Like I've said before, some of the greatest players of all time were also some of the greatest trash talkers of all time. If it's in your nature to do it, go for it.

Re-read what you quoted of me and answer your own question. And yes, sometimes I even roll my eyes when our guys “flex”. Watch this guys video if you haven’t.

APRIL 19, 2021 UPDATE:

With the CJ Fredrick news (he gone), we have TWO openings for next season IF NO ONE ELSE (Weezy!) leaves early.

2021-2022 Roster (11 on scholarship; 2 scholarships available):

Freshmen: 2 players

6'11" C Riley Mulvey (***)

6'2" G Ahron Ulis (***)

6'9" SF Patrick McCaffery (****); on May 29, 2020, Patrick received approval for a medical hardship after playing in just 2 games in the 2019-2020 season, giving him 4 years of college eligibility (through 2024).

Juniors: 1 player

6'5" G/F Connor McCaffery (****; announced on Apr 28, 2017 that he will play baseball in the Spring of 2018 and redshirt in basketball in the fall of 2017; ended up, however, playing in 4 games in Dec 2017 as a true freshman, mostly because of the Christian Williams departure. However, after missing two games due to a sprained ankle, eight contests due to mononucleosis, and 19 games after undergoing a tonsillectomy in December, 2017, he was granted a hardship waiver on March 26, 2018, where he will have 4 years of basketball eligibility remaining; on April 11, 2018, Connor was put on scholarship.

I like Luka but I prefer someone just play the game. As example, Timme for Gonzaga was doing the mustache thing in the Baylor loss and he looked like a dufus.

APRIL 22, 2021 UPDATE:

With the Filip Rebraca & CJ Fredrick news (he gone), we now have ONE opening for next season IF NO ONE ELSE (Weezy!) leaves early.

2021-2022 Roster (12 on scholarship; 1 scholarship available):

Freshmen: 2 players

6'11" C Riley Mulvey (***)

6'2" G Ahron Ulis (***)

Juniors: 2 players

6'9" SF Filip Rebraca (this includes the the covid-19 free year that all 2020-2021 athletes were given)

6'5" G/F Connor McCaffery (****); announced on Apr 28, 2017 that he will play baseball in the Spring of 2018 and redshirt in basketball in the fall of 2017; ended up, however, playing in 4 games in Dec 2017 as a true freshman, mostly because of the Christian Williams departure. However, after missing two games due to a sprained ankle, eight contests due to mononucleosis, and 19 games after undergoing a tonsillectomy in December, 2017, he was granted a hardship waiver on March 26, 2018, where he will have 4 years of basketball eligibility remaining; on April 11, 2018, Connor was put on scholarship.

Wasn't sure what thread to post this to-- With Filip committed and us looking at Filipowski, we could have a Filip and a Filipowski on board. Quite a strange pair of names.

Wasn't sure what thread to post this to-- With Filip committed and us looking at Filipowski, we could have a Filip and a Filipowski on board. Quite a strange pair of names.
Uh, Filip is his first name. 🙂
And odds are that Filip will be gone before Filipowski gets to Iowa, right?

Need to get Onu. That would allow Filip to play more minutes at the 4. With Onu, the starting lineup would look like this:

G: Joe T
G: Perkins
F: Keegan
F: Filip
C: Onu

Bench
Ulis
Kris
Pat
Connor
Mulvey
Sandfort
Ogundele

Iowa needs a scoring guard with experience more than another big now. With PMac and both Murrays at 6'9", Rebraca and Big O at 6'10", and Mulvey at 6'11", Iowa is set there. Iowa has 2 PGs, and Perkins, CMac and Sandfort. Adding a scoring guard would really round out the team.

ADVERTISEMENT