ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting (1 Scholarship Left): Jaxon Kohler & Josh Dix VISITED Sep3, Tyler Nickel Sep17. Aidan Shaw VISITED Jun23. Kyle Filipowski to Duke

Iowa offered Braden Huff on July 25, 2021.

He is AAU teammates with SG Jaden Schutt.

Gonzaga offered Braden yesterday.

For a 0 Star, he sure is getting a lot of attention. ;)

E7LhDgLXEAYPchs

“I really love the way Iowa plays,” 4 Star Jaxon Kohler said. “They play a lot of inside-out ball, that fits my play style perfectly.”

In case you missed it, this is a really good story. As you will read, Iowa has been in contact with him for months.

He plans to visit in the fall.

“I really love the way Iowa plays,” 4 Star Jaxon Kohler said. “They play a lot of inside-out ball, that fits my play style perfectly.”

In case you missed it, this is a really good story. As you will read, Iowa has been in contact with him for months.

His game is very similar to Garza's. Kohler is probably a little more athletic though.

Iowa offered Aidan Shaw almost 2 years ago, on Oct 25, 2019.

He visited Iowa on June 22-23, 2021.

He had an impressive weekend offensively & defensively.

He had 30 points in the championship game.

Check out these comments:

Note that Aidan Shaw & Omaha Biliew will be teammates this upcoming season.

Package deal? ;)

In all seriousness, by next year there is a good chance high school seniors will be draft eligible again. If the NBA players don't approve, then I think Omaha plays in the G League for at least $500,000 and then enters the NBA Draft the following year.

His game reminds me of a young center that just graduated from Iowa last year. Not a comp to the senior Garza but the freshman, yeah , a lot

Reactions: Franisdaman
Might be something to watch regarding Shaw. MJ Rice, 5 star SF announces tomorrow. I don't exactly know Kansas' needs, but with what they already have committed, one would imagine adding Rice would make Shaw a very low priority for them.

Good news for Iowa in its quest for SF Aidan Shaw.

SF MJ Rice committed to Kansas today.

Kansas now has two SF's who have committed for 2022.

Does Kansas really need a THIRD SF in Aidan Shaw?

Here are Kansas' current 2022 commits:

Would love to see Shaw and Nickel join Bowen and then add Dix. That'd be my dream class at this point.

How about rounding out the class with 3 Star SG Josh Dix & 4 Star Center Jaxon Kohler, who will both be officially visiting Sep 3? :)

And, as I mentioned above, with all of these SF's committing to Aidan Shaw's final schools, the odds get better for Iowa in landing him.

Reactions: perryhawk
Can’t add those 3 plus Kohler, and Schutt. Somebody gets left out, unless both Patrick and Connor pay their own way, hmmmmm

How about rounding out the class with 3 Star SG Josh Dix & 4 Star Center Jaxon Kohler, who will both be officially visiting Sep 3? :)

And, as I mentioned above, with all of these SF's committing to Aidan Shaw's final schools, the odds get better for Iowa in landing him.

Where are the scholarships coming from? Or is this the Patrick/Conner option?

That said, I’m all for doing a little over signing. It would be a shame to say no to so much talent.

Can’t add those 3 plus Kohler, and Schutt. Somebody gets left out, unless both Patrick and Connor pay their own way, hmmmmm
You have to think that Fran is selling Nickel and Shaw on playing different positions. With Iowa’s existing youth, I think that Fran will take two of Shaw, Nickel, Schutt, and Dix (if they want to commit, obviously), and then Kohler would be a take regardless

edit: actually I suppose you could play Shaw at the 4, Nickel at the 3, Dix/Schutt at the 2. With Bowen in the fold, that’s a helluva lineup

@oldgoldhawk,​

Something went haywire in your quote/reply.

You asked where the scholarships would be coming from if we suddenly had more than 3 prospects interested in committing. I don't think Fran would over sign but with Keegan being projected as a 2022 1st Round NBA Draft pick & with the annual losses to the transfer portal, who knows what Fran is thinking.

I think the first thing to worry about is getting a SG & a big, which gets us to the 13 scholarships, and then go from there.

I think Dix is our likely SG, but Jaden Schutt is still a possibility.

As I stated above, Aidan Shaw committing looks more & more promising as other SF's commit to his final schools.

Getting 4 Star Center Jaxon Kohler to come visit when Josh DIx is also visiting is big, imo. In that story I linked above, he was looking forward to visiting during a football game weekend & he knew how cool game days were.

I don't think taking Patrick or Conner off scholarship is an option, but again, who knows. If Dix, Schutt, Shaw, Kohler and Nickel all want to commit to Iowa, that's a good problem to have. :)

You have to think that Fran is selling Nickel and Shaw on playing different positions. With Iowa’s existing youth, I think that Fran will take two of Shaw, Nickel, Schutt, and Dix (if they want to commit, obviously), and then Kohler would be a take regardless

edit: actually I suppose you could play Shaw at the 4, Nickel at the 3, Dix/Schutt at the 2. With Bowen in the fold, that’s a helluva lineup

Hmm..that lineup is contending!

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Would be a great class, but a dream class?

You need to set the bar higher.
Maybe it's semantics BUT, that would be one of (if not the) highest rated class that Fran has landed? I know that the Gessel and Woody class was really good, but the one identified as a "dream class" would rate pretty well

Nickel #96
Kohler #95
Shaw #56

Dix not yet rated by Rivals....but I think fairly highly rated in other services.
Shaw is listed as a 3 star but seems drastically under rated.

Edit: Also notable is the Nickel has a UNC offer and Shaw/Kohler with Kansas offers.

Schutt....MSU/Duke etc.

Last edited:

@oldgoldhawk,​

Something went haywire in your quote/reply.

You asked where the scholarships would be coming from if we suddenly had more than 3 prospects interested in committing. I don't think Fran would over sign but with Keegan being projected as a 2022 1st Round NBA Draft pick & with the annual losses to the transfer portal, who knows what Fran is thinking.

I think the first thing to worry about is getting a SG & a big, which gets us to the 13 scholarships, and then go from there.

I think Dix is our likely SG, but Jaden Schutt is still a possibility.

As I stated above, Aidan Shaw committing looks more & more promising as other SF's commit to his final schools.

Getting 4 Star Center Jaxon Kohler to come visit when Josh DIx is also visiting is big, imo. In that story I linked above, he was looking forward to visiting during a football game weekend & he knew how cool game days were.

I don't think taking Patrick or Conner off scholarship is an option, but again, who knows. If Dix, Schutt, Shaw, Kohler and Nickel all want to commit to Iowa, that's a good problem to have. :)

Conner is already a senior

Reactions: Fitzhawk
Note that Aidan Shaw & Omaha Biliew will be teammates this upcoming season.

Package deal? ;)

In all seriousness, by next year there is a good chance high school seniors will be draft eligible again. If the NBA players don't approve, then I think Omaha plays in the G League for at least $500,000 and then enters the NBA Draft the following year.

I know you "winked" but the percent of "packaged deals" that actually come to pass are incredibly low, yet it gets thrown around regularly, almost as much as "pipeline".

Maybe it's semantics BUT, that would be one of (if not the) highest rated class that Fran has landed? I know that the Gessel and Woody class was really good, but the one identified as a "dream class" would rate pretty well

Nickel #96
Kohler #95
Shaw #56

Dix not yet rated by Rivals....but I think fairly highly rated in other services.
Shaw is listed as a 3 star but seems drastically under rated.

Edit: Also notable is the Nickel has a UNC offer and Shaw/Kohler with Kansas offers.

Schutt....MSU/Duke etc.

Man, this is just more proof of how lazy and lousy a recruiter Fran is. ;)

In addition, many services have PG Dasonte Bowen a 4 star. For some reason Rivals has him as a 3 star.

Conner is already a senior

Yes, Connor is scheduled to be done in March, 2022.

But remember, 2020-2021 was considered a "free year" by the NCAA, So, anyone currently scheduled to graduate between 2022 (with the exceptions of JBo and Ash) and 2024 could potentially play/graduate a year later than CURRENTLY expected.

As of now, this is what is expected:

2022-2023 Roster (11 on Scholarship; 2 scholarships available):

FRESHMEN: 1 player

6'3" PG Dasonte Bowen

SOPHOMORES: 2 players

6'7" F Payton Sandfort

6'11" C Riley Mulvey

JUNIORS: 6 players

6'11" C Josh Ogundele

6'4" G Tony Perkins

6'2" G Ahron Ulis

6'8" F Keegan Murray

6'8" F Kris Murray

6'9" SF Patrick McCaffery

SENIORS: 2 players

5'10" PG Joe Toussaint

6'9" SF Filip Rebraca (this includes the the covid-19 free year that all 2020-2021 athletes were given)

Notable Walk on players:

SOPHOMORE: 2 players

Luc Laketa

Carter Kingsbury

I know you "winked" but the percent of "packaged deals" that actually come to pass are incredibly low, yet it gets thrown around regularly, almost as much as "pipeline".

yeah, I probably should have winked 3 times after I typed "package deal" because I don't see Omaha playing one minute of college basketball.

Reactions: funnyfletcher

Fix is probably pretty good, but I’m still hoping for Nickel. He’s a difference maker and will be a lot of fun to watch.

Fix is probably pretty good, but I’m still hoping for Nickel. He’s a difference maker and will be a lot of fun to watch.

With just 2 scholarships remaining, I think we end this class with one shooting guard & one big.

When it comes to shooting guards:

Josh Dix is the likely commit
Jaden Schutt is still in the mix

Take your pick amongst the bigs:

Tyler Nickel
Aidan Shaw
Jaxon Kohler

We can't say yes to all 5. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT