ADVERTISEMENT

****2023-24 Chicago Bears Thread 🏆 ****

Good Lord, the Chargers were basically content to run out the clock, but wound up driving the field.

Reactions: IACub
Lucas Patrick. Velus Jones. Chase Claypool... The common denominator is Ryan Poles.
So you’re not going to give him credit for his hits? This is only year 2. Give the young guys a chance to grow up. Every GM has misses. He’s going to have a chance to stockpile even more draft capital this year too.

On a positive side, I’m still impressed with Bagent. Seems to process quickly and make decent decisions.

And can really throw a pretty ball.

I lliked what I saw of Bagent.
He is on- target and quickly at that.
Does he have any collegiate eligibility left?

The Hawkeyes are in desperate need to a non-statue quick processing & quick release QB who can throw catchable passes.

The Hawkeyes are in desperate need to a non-statue quick processing & quick release QB who can throw catchable passes.
I dream about the Hawks getting a clone of Bagent at QB.
Drew Tate and Brad banks are the only Iowa was in his class under KF.
157 td passes? Omg.

So you’re not going to give him credit for his hits? This is only year 2. Give the young guys a chance to grow up. Every GM has misses. He’s going to have a chance to stockpile even more draft capital this year too.
Maybe I am jaded, but list his hits.

I always write down my picks when the Bears are on the clock. I took J.M. Schmidt who is starting for the Giants at C, instead of Stevenson. Hopefully they get the Georgia C in round 2.
Speaking of whiffs by Ryan Poles. He passed on George Pickens multiple times in order to take Velus Jones...

Maybe I am jaded, but list his hits.
Let’s see, he’s only had ONE pick in the 1st round…Wright. Dude’s a stud. It looks to me he’s hit on 3 2nd round d-backs. Braxton Jones. Especially where he picked him. 2 d-linemen this year are already in the rotation. Trading for multiple picks and DJ, which are going to turn into a a very high 1st this year, which he might turn into even more. I like the 2 lbs he brought in. Edwards is a tackling machine. Undrafted Sanborn is a starter.

To me, NFL fans are the least patient fans in American sports. Give the guy a few years. He’s also got a right hand guy in Cunningham who is very highly thought of and WILL be a GM.

The record sucks but there has been improvement on defense. Worst run D in the NFL a year ago to top 8 currently. Poles helped fix that. Pace left Chicago with so many deficiencies nobody was going to turn things around here immediately.

I’m not a huge fan of this coaching staff but I like Poles a lot. Again, EVERY GM misses on guys.

Speaking of whiffs by Ryan Poles. He passed on George Pickens multiple times in order to take Velus Jones...
Poles drafted 2 defensive back starters in round 2. Pickens was not on the board when he drafted Velus. Not defending Velus because he’s awful but I totally understand why he didn’t draft Pickens. I wouldn’t have risked taking him with limited draft capital.

I lliked what I saw of Bagent.
He is on- target and quickly at that.

I like that he makes quick decisions, gets rid of the ball, and doesn't take a lot of sacks. Basically the opposite of Fields in that regard. But his deep ball accuracy is still TBD and I'm concerned about his arm strength on the intermediate outs.

Let’s see, he’s only had ONE pick in the 1st round…Wright. Dude’s a stud. It looks to me he’s hit on 3 2nd round d-backs. Braxton Jones. Especially where he picked him. 2 d-linemen this year are already in the rotation. Trading for multiple picks and DJ, which are going to turn into a a very high 1st this year, which he might turn into even more. I like the 2 lbs he brought in. Edwards is a tackling machine. Undrafted Sanborn is a starter.

To me, NFL fans are the least patient fans in American sports. Give the guy a few years. He’s also got a right hand guy in Cunningham who is very highly thought of and WILL be a GM.

The record sucks but there has been improvement on defense. Worst run D in the NFL a year ago to top 8 currently. Poles helped fix that. Pace left Chicago with so many deficiencies nobody was going to turn things around here immediately.

I’m not a huge fan of this coaching staff but I like Poles a lot. Again, EVERY GM misses on guys.
Wow, he's hit on high level picks! That isn't where the bulk of the team is built.

All you had to do was ask him to come play for Iowa anytime during the last 5 years. I posted a documentary here 4 years ago. It was made by a company owned by Lebron and followed his (also mine) high school team over a couple seasons. Bagent wanted to go to WVU bad, but Holgerson didn't offer him. Then last year he wanted to go to WVU again for his last year but Neal Brown didn't want him. I've watched most of his games the last 8 years. A local radio station was an early adopter of broadcasting live high school and Shepherd games.

Fair enough, but both lines are still a mess and the coaching staff seems at odds with the QB.
A quarterback that he didn't draft...

I guess I'm willing to give Poles a little bit more time to rebuild. It's gotta' be hard in the NFL when you're not only dealing with prior GM's players and contracts, but you're kneecapped in the draft by picks they've traded away. The lines are both trash, but he's building up the skill players while keeping a huge pile of cash when we're ready to spend it.

And Velus Jones is a fvcking freak of an athlete with an NFL IQ of zero. If he could just turn off his brain and play football, he could be amazing.

Reactions: Tom Paris
A quarterback that he didn't draft...

I guess I'm willing to give Poles a little bit more time to rebuild. It's gotta' be hard in the NFL when you're not only dealing with prior GM's players and contracts, but you're kneecapped in the draft by picks they've traded away. The lines are both trash, but he's building up the skill players while keeping a huge pile of cash when we're ready to spend it.

And Velus Jones is a fvcking freak of an athlete with an NFL IQ of zero. If he could just turn off his brain and play football, he could be amazing.
True that Poles didn’t draft Fields, but they do not utilize his strengths or plan to them. If you aren’t going to do that, get rid of him. You had the #1 pick in the last draft.

Wow, he's hit on high level picks! That isn't where the bulk of the team is built.
Lol. But that’s where it’s ruined…by not hitting on high draft picks, like Pace. Emery. Angelo. You asked. I answered. Sorry you didn’t like it. Like I said, NFL fans want everyone fired after anything goes wrong.

True that Poles didn’t draft Fields, but they do not utilize his strengths or plan to them. If you aren’t going to do that, get rid of him. You had the #1 pick in the last draft.
I get it, I'm frustrated with Getsy's game plan for Fields, too. He reminds me so much of Brian Ferentz that I pull my hair out.

But as far as Poles, I'm willing to give him more time to right the ship. Ryan Pace left the place on fire. Poles had to put it out before he could even start rebuilding.

Poles taking another shot at trading a 2nd rounder, this time for a much needed DE. Assuming they are confident is a long term deal; like this trade given the # of picks they have next year. If they don’t, it will be a fail as they could have just gone after him in FA. Wouldn’t surprise me if they recoup a 2nd and trade Jaylon Johnson before the day is done.

Poles taking another shot at trading a 2nd rounder, this time for a much needed DE. Assuming they are confident is a long term deal; like this trade given the # of picks they have next year. If they don’t, it will be a fail as they could have just gone after him in FA. Wouldn’t surprise me if they recoup a 2nd and trade Jaylon Johnson before the day is done.

I would be very surprised if Chicago didn't resign him, but they also have the tag if needed. Sweat is better than anybody at DE that would have been there in round 2.

Reactions: lucas80
49s getting Chase Young for a 3rd makes the Bears trade look a little rich, seeing how the picks will be about 60 picks apart

Lol. But that’s where it’s ruined…by not hitting on high draft picks, like Pace. Emery. Angelo. You asked. I answered. Sorry you didn’t like it. Like I said, NFL fans want everyone fired after anything goes wrong.
Sorry that you don’t understand football. :)

• Wow
Korean Drama Crying GIF by Netflix K-Content

Honestly, still prefer they play well but lose in the end.
Hedge their bets in draft..want harrison Jr. And another high #1 pick and 2 #1s next year.

Only getting 3 out of the 8 minute drive in the 4th was the killer. That and going full prevent on the lions ensuing drive and letting them score so quickly.
Fields balled out, looked great imo.
We're a LT, C, additional WR and a 3 tech away from being an actual competitive NFL roster. Probably need another safety as well.

Flus and Getsy turtle balled the last 4:30 into a loss. Snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. They gotta go.
They let Brian Ferentz call the plays on the drive before the Lions last TD. I think they took, what :10 off the clock while giving the Lions a timeout for their last drive. But the defense really sucked for the final 3:00.

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
Fumbling and kicking the ball out of the end zone was so Bears.

Playing the Lions extra tough for the second time in a month.
We'll still piss this away, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT