ADVERTISEMENT

2023 NCAA Championships Session I Thread

jmadden1998

HR All-American
Jan 26, 2017
The day is finally here!! Session I starts at 11am central time. ESPNU will have over the air coverage of select matches. If you want to watch individual mats you must have an ESPN+ subscription. Match order for the Hawks

125 Lee vs Owens/Jordan winner
133 Teske vs Byrd
141 Woods vs Mason/Miller winner
149 Murin vs Tyus
157 Siebrecht vs Model
165 Kennedy vs Formato
174 Brands vs Faison
184 Assad vs Hoose
197 Warner vs Caffey
285 Cassioppi vs J Smith

Session I is Round of 32 matches only. Should run 4.5 to 5 hours. Hoping to see all 10 move on to the Round of 16 this evening. Let’s gooooooooooo!!!

Last edited:
9-1 should be the target. Probably aren't getting Teske over Byrd. Brands-Faison is dangerous. That's a toss up imo. You never know with Warner and Formato beat PK last year, so a couple potential speed bumps early if the guys aren't ready to go.
10-0 would be a nice surprise. 9-1 or 8-2 is most likely. Most likely to least likely to lose in the first round

Teske
Brands
Warner
Siebrecht
Assad
Kennedy
Murin
Cassioppi
Woods
Lee

OT-

Welp, Circa Sports is officially almost as lame af as Fan Duel with their bare bones app........

It's a nice gesture that they actually have some betting options for college wrestling, but they're basically trying to sucker people into throwing money away on long odds with no option to really profit off of either Penn State or Iowa.

They have "Who will win the National Championship?" and "Who will finish 2nd?" And Penn State and Iowa are -1430 and -200 respectively in those two betting categories.

Problem is, the geniuses with their bare bones app that are trying to be "against the grain of all these other popular betting sites" are a lot more restrictive about the types of bets they offer. That includes parlays.

You can select Penn State to win the NC at -1430............and that's it. You can't parlay that with anything. So a $25 bet wins you a whopping $1.75 assuming the status quo holds.

So if you wanted to make an extra couple of bucks, go ahead and throw $100 on Penn State, but at those odds is it really worth it?

Iowa finishing 2nd isn't as bad at -200, because that's basically half of whatever you bet (So a $10 bet would win you $5), but again is that kind of a return worth the investment?

It's too bad, because I at least appreciate that they're one of the few sites that actually tries to offer betting on college wrestling.

/csb rant

Reactions: hlstone
Does anyone know how long they wait after the pigtail match is over before the winner wrestles the 1 seed? Teske will most likely be our first match of the day since Spencer will be waiting for the rest period for the winner of the pigtail.

Does anyone know how long they wait after the pigtail match is over before the winner wrestles the 1 seed? Teske will most likely be our first match of the day since Spencer will be waiting for the rest period for the winner of the pigtail.
I think it’s 45 minutes.

Anyone with the special dinners today? Im still on the descent plan so nothing special here.

Reactions: el dub
How? Teske is the only one with pigtail match of three, right? He’s going first.
Pigtail match is 32/33 so the winner of that would face Lee and woods. But as mentioned there is a cooldown period that the winner of the pigtail gets. My guess is Teske is first up.

So, pigtail round only takes about 20 minutes?
The pigtail match that Spencer has the winner of will be the very first match of the tourney. By the time they wrestle the pigtail round and the rest of the 125 lb first round matches and then most of the 133 first round matches until Teske/Byrd are called to a mat, there should only be a few minutes left of the required rest time Spencer's pigtail winner will have left. Very wordy response, but I think you'll get the gist.

Reactions: el dub
The day is finally here!! Session I starts at 11am central time. ESPNU will have over the air coverage of select matches. If you want to watch individual mats you must have an ESPN+ subscription. Match order for the Hawks

125 Lee vs Owens/Jordan winner
133 Teske vs Byrd
141 Woods vs Mason/Miller winner
149 Murin vs Tyus
157 Siebrecht vs Model
165 Kennedy vs Formato
174 Brands vs Faison
184 Assad vs Hoose
197 Warner vs Caffey
285 Cassioppi vs J Smith

Session I is Round of 32 matches only. Should run 4.5 to 5 hours. Hoping to see all 10 move on to the Round of 16 this evening. Let’s gooooooooooo!!!
Teske has a tough opening match. Go Hawks!!!

10-0 would be a nice surprise. 9-1 or 8-2 is most likely. Most likely to least likely to lose in the first round

Teske
Brands
Warner
Siebrecht
Assad
Kennedy
Murin
Cassioppi
Woods
Lee
Didn't assad tech his dude? I would drop him below murin in terms of liveliness to lose

It IS a one hour wait and not 45 minutes. (unless it has changed the last year)
45 minutes is high school.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmadden1998
ESPN+ payment page just infinitely spinning no matter what I try for the past hour. Cool cool cool

• Wow
Reactions: meatloaf55
He did but Assad got pinned twice at the Big tourney as well. I don’t like the trajectory. Honestly if we lose 2 or more in the first round it will be a real shitty morning session.
Agreed. Sadly don't see assad going much further than 1-2

ESPN+ payment page just infinitely spinning no matter what I try for the past hour. Cool cool cool
I had no problem with it. A hassle going back to my computer to process activation code for new device; but, it worked OK. Try changing to Mozilla or Edge.

Anyone know where mat assignments will be posted? I was trying Track but have yet to find them???

Anyone know where mat assignments will be posted? I was trying Track but have yet to find them???
None of our guys have a Mat assignment yet. For all Mat assignments go the Hub and then click mat assignments and then you can choose mat schedule, team schedule or weight schedule.

He did but Assad got pinned twice at the Big tourney as well. I don’t like the trajectory. Honestly if we lose 2 or more in the first round it will be a real shitty morning session.

Agreed. Sadly don't see assad going much further than 1-2
OH here me my brothers and sisters!!!

can I get a OH HELL NO!!!!!

We aint have-n any of this negative sheet!!!

I have KILLED people for less!!!!

all must REPENT and get POSITIVE it is IOWA HAWKEYE TIME my friends!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT