ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 Iowa Football Recruiting Thread***

It's not much of a commitment. They can get an offer elsewhere between now and then. Additionally, some may be told they will be accepted pwo's and if a spot is available come signing day, they may get officially offered.

Yeah, I know but it’s still a little odd to me. I don’t remember it being like that five years ago or so or really even three… Didn’t seem like the PWO’s came out until the end of the recruiting cycle.

He loves Hawkeye D, almost as much as his catholic wife, but yes....Hogluver has been ball-gagged and shown the door as I instructed him would happen.

He's now relegated to conjure up new spam handles with no posting ability.

He thought he was in charge likely due to short man syndrome but....I b1tch-slapped him among others till he spazzed...as we knew he would.
Ball-gagged...learn something new every day!

It's not much of a commitment. They can get an offer elsewhere between now and then. Additionally, some may be told they will be accepted pwo's and if a spot is available come signing day, they may get officially offered.
Actually , DJ Vonnahme already had 4 full scholarship offers. He is an excellent prospect that could well earn a scholarship. NIL is likely helping to land these quality PWO recruits this early .

Actually , DJ Vonnahme already had 4 full scholarship offers. He is an excellent prospect that could well earn a scholarship. NIL is likely helping to land these quality PWO recruits this early .
People who have seen him play say DJ is an exceptional athlete. He could earn a scholarship in a couple of years.

Really good observation there. Has offers from some FCS schools on par with UNI ... also has an offer from Colorado State. Landing walk-ons of that caliber only raises the overall talent-level of the squad!

Really good observation there. Has offers from some FCS schools on par with UNI ... also has an offer from Colorado State. Landing walk-ons of that caliber only raises the overall talent-level of the squad!

Yes I could’ve added more detail to the scenario, it really is surprising to me not only how early it is but many of these walkons in the last class in particular had other full ride offers. It’s amazing to me…

This program, despite our offense is still in very good hands!

Despite hopes and frustrations of the…

“Hypocritical Hog Humper who loves Hawkeye D”

I should add, and I believe has even already been mentioned… The talent in the state of Iowa has exploded over the last four or five years!

It has helped us immensely! I guess I haven’t checked, but I would not be surprised to find out we’re producing more D1 talent than Wisconsin, Nebraska, Minnesota and Kansas all three four probably not Missouri.

Point being even if we aren’t, that number used to be extremely low for us. If we produced 10 it was a skit ton!

I should add, and I believe has even already been mentioned… The talent in the state of Iowa has exploded over the last four or five years!

It has helped us immensely! I guess I haven’t checked, but I would not be surprised to find out we’re producing more D1 talent than Wisconsin, Nebraska, Minnesota and Kansas all three four probably not Missouri.

Point being even if we aren’t, that number used to be extremely low for us. If we produced 10 it was a skit ton!
Agreed, better coaching, facilities, weight training, and nutrition programs have significantly increased the number of FBS-level athletes in Iowa. I can remember the days when Iowa was lucky to pull 2-3 instate kids. Nice to see the change.

Agreed, better coaching, facilities, weight training, and nutrition programs have significantly increased the number of FBS-level athletes in Iowa. I can remember the days when Iowa was lucky to pull 2-3 instate kids. Nice to see the change.

Yes, and we have had some real “stars“ with extreme athleticism… There hasn’t been a better linebacker in college football in the last four or five years than Jack Campbell and Cooper De Jean is an absolute athletic phenom as is Xavier Nwankpa, and several others I’m missing…

It’s interesting to me… And I have to add the caveat. I live out of the state so I don’t have the natural hatred anymore many of you do for Iowa State, but Campbell has not put much of a dent in the in-state recruiting, so we still get mostly the kids we want. And there’s more of them now!

Yes, and we have had some real “stars“ with extreme athleticism… There hasn’t been a better linebacker in college football in the last four or five years than Jack Campbell and Cooper De Jean is an absolute athletic phenom as is Xavier Nwankpa, and several others I’m missing…

It’s interesting to me… And I have to add the caveat. I live out of the state so I don’t have the natural hatred anymore many of you do for Iowa State, but Campbell has not put much of a dent in the in-state recruiting, so we still get mostly the kids we want. And there’s more of them now!
Yeah and one of the interesting things about that is that ISU has pulled in some good instate talent too ... who have gone on to do some pretty solid things there. It's nice to see the uptick in talent that we're seeing in-state.

Regarding Lil Matty...they flopped in 2021 with the lofty expectations. In State kids notice things like that.

When it comes to Iowa vs ISU for Iowa high schoolers...Hawks win that battle 90% of the time.

I would like to have had Matt CAMPBELL’s RB recruits, but that is about it.

He’s gotten some pretty good WR’s, too, so I will give him that.

• Haha
Reactions: PoleSmokinHerkyFan

1254172884282.jpg

No doubt there will be some. I bet it will be fewer than we think.

1. The season isn’t that far away.

2. There can’t be a lot of spots available.

3. They retained all the assistants.

Now, after this season it might be a flood. Especially if they have another poor season.
Exactly. People keep bringing this up. Current players have almost NO shot of moving to another team for THIS season

Kelvin Bell is absolutely crushing it with the recruits. Only one kid left to commit from that June 23rd visit day, Xavier Lucas.
Saw a writer in Florida has put in a "futurecast" for X. Lucas for the Hawks...think the guy had put in a "futurecast" for a different school in the past...might be some good news coming/trending the Hawks way...

Saw a writer in Florida has put in a "futurecast" for X. Lucas for the Hawks...think the guy had put in a "futurecast" for a different school in the past...might be some good news coming/trending the Hawks way...
That would be huge. FSU is not on his offer list anymore, I wonder if they pulled his offer or if rivals is missing what information 247 has. Either way, he has a huge offer list.

Very excited about this class. Solid QB prospect, power back and speed back, quality offensive and d-line prospects, highly rated in-state LBers, athletic DB's and WR's. If Xavier commits our DB's are very good. I like the athleteism of the WR's. Only question would be future punter.

Currently ranked 29. Future looks bright.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT