ADVERTISEMENT

***2024 Iowa Football Recruiting Thread***

because they said he can play WR that is why he us coming to IA.
in the 2023 class ended up with 4 WR's
Mota 6'1 from IA Fills the middle of this trio. and ISM was listed as a ATH
Buie 6'3 From FLA I like him or 2 reasons his height and he is from FLA.
Howard 6'5 from KC Missouri brings the height IA does get that often.
top 100 4* WR Brown out of the Portal from OSU from what I read he can line up anywhere, plus as a PR and KO, even as a Wildcat QB

that's a nice bit of versatility,

this class Parker 5'11 fits in and can also line up as a PR/KO
Zee 6'5 another tall WR height and speed.
and I believe that they are looking at the portal for another WR. they have 6 new WR's to use.

also it's not like there is nobody in the WR room
there are 19 WR's listed on the roster.
1 RSSR
3 JR's
3 SO's
11 FR/RSFR so the WR's are not lacking

I am sure they find the WR out of that group. the best thing is there is only one SR in that group.

I am old, but I remember Mt. Pleasant football had a tradition of bringing their stuffed mascot onto the field at visiting football games and celebrating on the field (if they won). I went to PV, and we handled them in the playoffs, so no stuffed animal appearances that day. The year before, we beat Fairfield 12-7 at PV in the state quarterfinals (they beat us in the playoffs the year before that at Fairfield). Fairfield was always physical and scrappy as hell.

That was in the 85-86 range, you won state in 86?

what position does he play? if its a punter or kicker that is piss poor example as thos two position rarely if ever get rated higher than that no matter who they commit to.

Well, once again, our defensive recruits look fantastic, and likely underrated… I’m a wait and see on the offense…

Though I do like our tight ends, and I think the Williams kid @ running back, is probably under rated as well!

On 04/26/2023 @Eliot Clough projected Karner to Iowa.

He wrote this:

Karner wants to play in the NFL and he values the TEU history at Iowa. He sees it as his best chance to play there. Also has prior connections to Iowa on HS coaching staff Matt Bowen.

Three tight ends seems like plenty to me. Even if one is a four-star! Quite frankly, tight end like all the defensive positions, especially Dback I have relegated to if we recruit and offer he’s likely to be really good.

Let’s remember Laporta among others although a three star had scant few offers, and he is probably had as much preseason NFL buzz as any TE we’ve ever had and we had 2 in the first round a couple years ago.!

Also, an Uber athlete… And Ostrenga who let’s be honest, most of us, thought was a fallback because we didn’t get our top targets, even me, and he played last year as a true freshman!

And has been talked up all off-season!

Last edited:
Karner went to TA&M because of $$$$$$$$ this is the same school that doled out $31,000,000 for that 23 class that ended up #!.

they have the oil men supplying the money something I wish IA had so they could compete with these Big Money schools.

again another school with money swoops in and takes another prospect away from IA

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
Karner went to TA&M because of $$$$$$$$ this is the same school that doled out $31,000,000 for that 23 class that ended up #!.

they have the oil men supplying the money something I wish IA had so they could compete with these Big Money schools.

again another school with money swoops in and takes another prospect away from IA
Who is the other player you are talking about?

Won in 85 vs. Harlan. Lost to Fairfield in 84
Our biggest claim to fame is we lost to four teams from 78 to 88 in either quarters or the semi‘s that went on to win state… Might’ve been one or two others but 78,82, 84, 86 and 88 yeah, I think that’s right I was 88 we lost Jason Olanziek and Decorah in the semi‘s in a game… Yeah well I’m not even gonna say that because everybody does but they crushed Spencer in the finals we lost to them 14 to 7 and out gained in yards by about 200.

So, who would guess is the next commit for Swarm 24? My guess would be Chima Chineke. There is always the possibility the staff is working on a prospect we are not aware of yet. What say you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT