ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Recruiting. Orig Post Updated Oct 2nd. 36 Offers So Far (incl. Chris Tadjo & Cooper Koch). 2 Scholarships Available (NOT counting PMac & Tony)

Have not seen anything online about him visiting UNLV, so not sure where you got that. He's taking his LSU visit still from what I've read.
Its listed on about every recruiting site. SDSU and UNLV have the location and most playing time available right away. Unless LSU drops a huge sack of cash not seeing it for them.

Campton is evidently visiting UNLV yesterday and today. I'm sure the Uber was expensive for UNLV.
Not seeing LSU being a big player for him. My guess SDSU or Vegas unless he wants to play in a power league.

Have not seen anything online about him visiting UNLV, so not sure where you got that. He's taking his LSU visit still from what I've read.

Yep; LSU this weekend.

From 2 1/2 hours ago:

Its listed on about every recruiting site. SDSU and UNLV have the location and most playing time available right away. Unless LSU drops a huge sack of cash not seeing it for them.
I see that now. Haven't seen any reporting on the UNLV visit other than that, and his social media hasn't mentioned one. He posted a picture of him in a uniform at all 3 schools he's visited, but the UNLV picture is the same one he posted after the visit to UNLV back in May.

The LSU visit is supposedly changed to next weekend on 247 FYI.

I see that now. Haven't seen any reporting on the UNLV visit other than that, and his social media hasn't mentioned one. He posted a picture of him in a uniform at all 3 schools he's visited, but the UNLV picture is the same one he posted after the visit to UNLV back in May.

The LSU visit is supposedly changed to next weekend on 247 FYI.
If that's true LSU is stringing him along.

Compton will not be visiting LSU at all. They are out. I just confirmed that he did take another visit to UNLV. It isnt a big deal because thats his home school. However as of right now, its Iowa or SDSU. Iowa offered him a big bag. SDSU does not offer a lot of NIL so things are looking good right now.

Compton will not be visiting LSU at all. They are out. I just confirmed that he did take another visit to UNLV. It isnt a big deal because thats his home school. However as of right now, its Iowa or SDSU. Iowa offered him a big bag. SDSU does not offer a lot of NIL so things are looking good right now.
Not buyng the big bag comment. Doesn't sound like something Fran would do.

Good signs indeed.

Unfortunately SDSU does have Dutcher, who recruited the Fab Five long before NIL. So I'm sure he's got a few tricks in the bag. But hopefully he's grown out of cheating in his old age

• Haha
Reactions: jbofan

A big bag? You must be new here ;)

All of the big NIL deals, so far, have been going to the Iowa football players.

Reactions: Fran-Con-2

Big Bag might be relative. The "base" pay that player's can get via the charity work through the collective is hopefully at or above anything of which mid major schools are offering. It just might not be SEC level bags ;)

Big Bag might be relative. The "base" pay that player's can get via the charity work through the collective is hopefully at or above anything of which mid major schools are offering. It just might not be SEC level bags ;)

Yeah, when I think of "big bag," I am thinking of the money it took for SWARM Inc. to land Cade McNamara, Erick All, etc.

Fran, unfortunately, does not have that "big bag" at his disposal.

I also thought I heard there is more NIL in place now for hoops

I also thought I heard there is more NIL in place now for hoops

There's more funding available for volunteering once the players are on campus (the alcohol money donations have been huge)

But there's not more funding going towards landing the highly ranked high school prospect or the highly sought player in the transfer portal...

Reactions: eyesofhawk
There's more funding available for volunteering once the players are on campus (the alcohol money donations have been huge)

But there's not more funding going towards landing the highly ranked high school prospect or the highly sought player in the transfer portal...
Alcohol, gambling, buying players...It all goes together.

Just joking 😂

Reactions: Franisdaman

Maybe. We don’t really know other than what Brad says. Fran has been working his tail off with Jordan Montgomery to hold fundraising events specifically for NIL money.
If some businesses or donations rolled in recently, we wouldn’t really know. I would guess that our NIL funds compared to Mountain West schools looks pretty nice. The issue is that Fran also is trying to compete with the Miami’s, Indiana’s and Tennessee’s of the world who have massive warchests. Basically what I’m saying is we can both be behind in NIL without us acting like there is $0 for us to work with. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Maybe. We don’t really know other than what Brad says. Fran has been working his tail off with Jordan Montgomery to hold fundraising events specifically for NIL money.
If some businesses or donations rolled in recently, we wouldn’t really know. I would guess that our NIL funds compared to Mountain West schools looks pretty nice. The issue is that Fran also is trying to compete with the Miami’s, Indiana’s and Tennessee’s of the world who have massive warchests. Basically what I’m saying is we can both be behind in NIL without us acting like there is $0 for us to work with. The truth is usually somewhere in the middle.
Additionally, the situation could have changed over the past several months. I know there were comments about a lock of basketball NIL a few months ago, but there's been a lot of Swarm Beer money coming in since then (not to mention what I expect has been continued growth in memberships).

NIL is a rapidly evolving situation. A single donor can move the needle. We shouldn't assume that what the situation was a few months ago is the same situation today. (It could be, but it's difficult to know for certain.)

Reactions: skydog0784
Additionally, the situation could have changed over the past several months. I know there were comments about a lock of basketball NIL a few months ago, but there's been a lot of Swarm Beer money coming in since then (not to mention what I expect has been continued growth in memberships).

NIL is a rapidly evolving situation. A single donor can move the needle. We shouldn't assume that what the situation was a few months ago is the same situation today. (It could be, but it's difficult to know for certain.)

the alcohol money is going towards paying the athletes who volunteer (that is what Exile Brewing wants)

Lol I may be new here but I know what im talking about. Things have changed drastically. Obviously the bag isnt going to be as big as for football, but for Iowa basketball, the amount is unheard of.

It'll all come out when Compton commits at the Border League next weekend. I've seen the commitment video already.

Lol I may be new here but I know what im talking about. Things have changed drastically. Obviously the bag isnt going to be as big as for football, but for Iowa basketball, the amount is unheard of. It'll all come out when Compton commits at the Border League next weekend. I've seen the commitment video already.

Ok, well I hope whatever is in the big bag works! ;)

Well, I guess that sounds very good. The Border League is next weekend, I'll be all ears

the alcohol money is going towards paying the athletes who volunteer (that is what Exile Brewing wants)
Right. And I would guess that as more money comes into the Collective, the money available to athletes involved in community service work would go up. As that number goes up, it could potentially be used as an enticement for potential recruits. (Probably not what I would refer to as a "big bag," but an enticement nonetheless.)

On another note, and this is a bit of semantics, but it's not really "volunteer" work if you are getting paid for it. ;)

Lol I may be new here but I know what im talking about. Things have changed drastically. Obviously the bag isnt going to be as big as for football, but for Iowa basketball, the amount is unheard of.

It'll all come out when Compton commits at the Border League next weekend. I've seen the commitment video already.
I hope you are right!

Right. And I would guess that as more money comes into the Collective, the money available to athletes involved in community service work would go up. As that number goes up, it could potentially be used as an enticement for potential recruits. (Probably not what I would refer to as a "big bag," but an enticement nonetheless.)

On another note, and this is a bit of semantics, but it's not really "volunteer" work if you are getting paid for it. ;)
You are right. It shouldn't be called charity work. I think it's mostly called community service, if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: Max_Rebo

You are right. It shouldn't be called charity work. I think it's mostly called community service, if I'm not mistaken.

i guess if it were truly volunteer work they'd donate their money earned to charity

He is saying he may reschedule the LSU visit...so who knows....

Last edited:

Seems very unusual and shady, but I guess that is what big bag college sports has become. I hope he didn't make multiple videos.

Reactions: Franisdaman
He is saying he may reschedule the LSU visit...so who knows....

What I have learned about recruiting is "may" means no/wont happen so I'm sticking with that lol. But as we all know, recruiting changes hourly with these kids.
Seems very unusual and shady, but I guess that is what big bag college sports has become. I hope he didn't make multiple videos.
Yup, thats what college sports has become for sure. Lots of pros and cons. But i can tell you that a UNLV video has not been made.

What I have learned about recruiting is "may" means no/wont happen so I'm sticking with that lol. But as we all know, recruiting changes hourly with these kids.

Yup, thats what college sports has become for sure. Lots of pros and cons. But i can tell you that a UNLV video has not been made.
Is there a timeline for his commitment? Seems like the longer it drags on, the more likely that a bigger bag of money will show up.

Your intel still saying it's Iowa?
I'll break it down a little, I apologize if this is long winded, but this is what I've been told.

UNLV was thought to be the leader throughout most of his recruitment because of the hometown ties and his relationship with DJ Thomas. Theyve talked a lot about playing together in college and DJT has been recruiting him hard. UNLV's other 2024 commit James Evans has also been recruiting Pharaoh and they played AAU together. SDSU really got into the mix when Taj Degourville committed and they were teammates this AAU season. Taj is one of the best players from Vegas and very well respected, they've been conversing about teaming up to. It also seems that Pharaoh's mom really likes SDSU.

Iowa really came into the mix probably 3-4 weeks ago. I heard that their camp has really liked what Iowa can offer, from PT to the NBA pedigree to the NIL that was offered (its a big bag relative to what Iowa basketball is used to dishing out). In the commitment video that I saw, theres mention of all the former Iowa players that are currently in the NBA. That plus the whole official visit really surprised Pharaoh and his family and they love it. I was told that he really loved his visit and that if he was to commit, it would be almost immediately.

As of today, I think itll be SDSU based off of their run this past March and the fact that he fits into the mold of an SDSU player. No offensive bag, but a tough and rugged player that hustles. He will play the 4 there. His family loves San Diego and how close it is to home plus playing with Taj is huge. With that being said, I believe that UNLV is the best fit because he needs to play with a great PG and DJ Thomas is that. He would start from day 1, thrive on the break with DJ, and gets to stay close to home. However, I've heard some rumors about his recruitment with UNLV and if true, I'd be very shocked. I obviously cant disclose that right now, but will probably do so after he commits. I think what ultimately went againt Iowa is the distance from home. Its always hard for a west coast kid to go that far from home.

The visit to Tennessee was cancelled and was supposed to be replaced with LSU on the same date. That didnt come to fruition. Then LSU was supposed to get an OV recently and that was cancelled. A date will not be rescheduled.

As of today, I'd go SDSU 1, Iowa 2, and UNLV 3. If UNLV can up their NIL offer, then I think they might have a chance. Sorry I cant give an exact answer, but this is what I know/have been told right now. Will post more once I find out.

As I expected, we will be the bridesmaid again. Fran has come up short so many times, but I give him credit for trying. I always thought SDSU would be his destination.

I'll break it down a little, I apologize if this is long winded, but this is what I've been told.

UNLV was thought to be the leader throughout most of his recruitment because of the hometown ties and his relationship with DJ Thomas. Theyve talked a lot about playing together in college and DJT has been recruiting him hard. UNLV's other 2024 commit James Evans has also been recruiting Pharaoh and they played AAU together. SDSU really got into the mix when Taj Degourville committed and they were teammates this AAU season. Taj is one of the best players from Vegas and very well respected, they've been conversing about teaming up to. It also seems that Pharaoh's mom really likes SDSU.

Iowa really came into the mix probably 3-4 weeks ago. I heard that their camp has really liked what Iowa can offer, from PT to the NBA pedigree to the NIL that was offered (its a big bag relative to what Iowa basketball is used to dishing out). In the commitment video that I saw, theres mention of all the former Iowa players that are currently in the NBA. That plus the whole official visit really surprised Pharaoh and his family and they love it. I was told that he really loved his visit and that if he was to commit, it would be almost immediately.

As of today, I think itll be SDSU based off of their run this past March and the fact that he fits into the mold of an SDSU player. No offensive bag, but a tough and rugged player that hustles. He will play the 4 there. His family loves San Diego and how close it is to home plus playing with Taj is huge. With that being said, I believe that UNLV is the best fit because he needs to play with a great PG and DJ Thomas is that. He would start from day 1, thrive on the break with DJ, and gets to stay close to home. However, I've heard some rumors about his recruitment with UNLV and if true, I'd be very shocked. I obviously cant disclose that right now, but will probably do so after he commits. I think what ultimately went againt Iowa is the distance from home. Its always hard for a west coast kid to go that far from home.

The visit to Tennessee was cancelled and was supposed to be replaced with LSU on the same date. That didnt come to fruition. Then LSU was supposed to get an OV recently and that was cancelled. A date will not be rescheduled.

As of today, I'd go SDSU 1, Iowa 2, and UNLV 3. If UNLV can up their NIL offer, then I think they might have a chance. Sorry I cant give an exact answer, but this is what I know/have been told right now. Will post more once I find out.

does Pharaoh's camp have any concerns over the rumors that Fran might retire in the spring of 2025 (or sooner)? I am sure Pharaoh has heard/seen these rumors.

1) what did Fran say about these rumors? Did he deny them and say he would be at Iowa for many more years?

2) what does Pharaoh think about these rumors & how concerned is he over them?

3) have these rumors and the uncertainty about Fran's future ultimately killed Iowa's chances in landing him?

I appreciate your insight on this!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT