ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Softball

Guessing we pitched Adams today.
Assuming she didn't go all nine innings, others must have pitched well too. Sure hope Jalen didn't go nine innings, with eight other arms on the roster to figure out.

She did all go nine?!? That's crazy. Anyone know of a pitcher going the distance in a Fall Ball game?
Gillispie knows the game doesn't count, right? :p

Last edited:
Reactions: SunzOutGunzOut
Assuming she didn't go all nine innings, others must have pitched well too. Sure hope Jalen didn't go nine innings, with eight other arms on the roster to figure out.

She did all go nine?!? That's crazy. Anyone know of a pitcher going the distance in a Fall Ball game?
Gillispie knows the game doesn't count, right? :p

Reactions: MossHawk6
I love that the 4 schools get together to play this tournament in the fall. Baseball could do the same (if only ISU, Drake and UNI hadn't dropped their programs).

Guessing Bennett is dealing with some type of injury? Haven't seen her name in any of the game summaries. Listed as a coach below.

Anyone establishing themselves as the #2 starter? Tough to tell from the tweets/summaries. Feels like it's going to be by committee, at least to start with.

It's really hard to tell at this point. A couple freshmen, Jaylee Ojo & Mya Clark have a chance. Not real consistent yet (to be expected) but have had some good outings. Andrea Jaskowiak looked good again Drake I think?

Haley Downe is pitching again and getting outs. She has had mostly good outings. Will be interesting to see where that goes. So far, so good. Devin Greer will be in the mix as well.

Jenna Young is starting to feel more comfortable. Starting to swing the bat pretty well. Seems getting more confident with her knee.

Lots of players have been in and out with injury's this Fall. Several concussions, and shoulder issues. Only traveled to Big 4 with like 16 players or something?

Will also be interesting when Bennett comes back to the infield. She played very well at SS last year, and Young is there now. Who moves & where to??

Last edited:
Reactions: LinusPF
Anyone had a chance to see Pearson Hall. Plays SS for West Liberty. She’s a junior and already a 3x all state. Hits for average and power, plus arm, fielder and steals bases at will. I’ve been around the game a long time and I’m not sure I’ve seen a better player! Drake and Northern Iowa have already shown interest!
My daughter is good friends with the oldest sister Sailor, who is at Kirkwood and is a good player, but haven't seen Pearson play much. There are 4 sisters, and all are very good athletes! But just saw that Pearson committed to Drake! Sailor will have some opportunities to after Kirkwood as well.

Reactions: Wadukester
My daughter is good friends with the oldest sister Sailor, who is at Kirkwood and is a good player, but haven't seen Pearson play much. There are 4 sisters, and all are very good athletes! But just saw that Pearson committed to Drake! Sailor will have some opportunities to after Kirkwood as well.

Thanks. I know the whole family very well. All four girls are really good at softball. Drake got a very good player!

The podcast was a good listen. Here are my takeaways:

Schedule - Florida and California this year for pre-B1G games. Clearwater, Spring Games in Leesburg and at the North Florida tournament. Northern California before and after spring break. They are taking one week off from travel and hoping to host a three game series in Iowa.

B1G tournament - Conference AD directors are voting on Friday to potentially move the tournament away from Iowa because we have field turf.

Pitching - Jalen is the leader of the staff. Coach G likes what she is seeing in Jaylee and Andrea. Clark also may pitch.

Freshman - Commented this the deepest freshman class she's had here at Iowa. Anticipates three freshman may start.

Talked about the importance of playing in the post season last year and how the players are hungry for more.

Go Hawks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT