ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Summer Olympics in Paris - Imagine Caitlin Clark on USA Team - NIL Will be Off the Charts

West Dundee Hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 28, 2003
Went to game this week in Evanston. A lot of buzz. Tons of young girls. Chicago local ABC & CBS covered it.

Imagine Caitlin representing the USA.

A Dream Team for Women.

Caitlin will make gazillions. Who would not want their product/service to be associated with her?

Will be bigger than anything else at Paris Olympics.

Good for her.

Go Hawks!

I don't know if they will take her or not. No professional experience will hurt her but you'd have to think there would be a place for someone who can hit consistently from 30'. Especially in the women's game.

Reactions: Torg
I don't know if they will take her or not. No professional experience will hurt her but you'd have to think there would be a place for someone who can hit consistently from 30'. Especially in the women's game.

Pretty sure Team USA women's basketball doesn't need anyone shooting from 30' to help beat anybody. Maybe in another 40 years that'll happen but there isn't any country threatening the US in women's basketball since the USSR disbanded. It's a cake walk.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
Pretty sure Team USA women's basketball doesn't need anyone shooting from 30' to help beat anybody. Maybe in another 40 years that'll happen but there isn't any country threatening the US in women's basketball since the USSR disbanded. It's a cake walk.
Well that's certainly true. The US likely doesn't need to send professionals at all to dominate the Olympics, although given the number of women's professional leagues in Europe you'd think some of those countries can field a decent team.

Team USA for men has historically taken nation player of year. As a two time recipien, highly likely she is invited.

Reactions: ichawk24
Caitlin will make the team, and will have declared for the draft before that point. So the endorsements will be raining on her.

I haven't seen any talk about adding a college player to the Olympic roster. I don't see her being in this cycle. Imagine the firestorm that would create 😂

I haven't seen any talk about adding a college player to the Olympic roster.
Clark is not currently in the 5x5 pool but theoretically, she could still be added. And USA Basketball might want to capitalize on the popularity of a player known for selling tickets and drawing eyeballs to the game.

“We’ve definitely been considering inviting college kids to that (later) camp,” said women’s national team committee chair Jennifer Rizzotti. “We have set that precedent. What we know is the way the USA basketball schedule is now, it makes it challenging to include college players in these camps.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...024-paris-olympic-team-selection/72454862007/

Reactions: ichawk24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT