ADVERTISEMENT

2026 MBB Recruiting Offers

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Offer #1: Benjamin Ahmed (Iowa offered on Feb 1, 2023)

6'9 Forward out of Putnam, CT (Putnam Science Academy, via Nigeria)

Ben is part of the BABC (Boston Amateur Basketball Club) AAU team on the Adidas 3SSB circuit.

BABC Connection: Dasonte Bowen (2022), Josh Ogundele (2020) & Iowa Assistant Coach Courtney Eldridge (1998) are all part of BABC.

Last edited:
Rivals is now showing Oswin Erhunmwunse as a Class of 2026 prospect (instead of 2025). Iowa offered on Feb 1, 2023.

He's a 6'10 center out of Putnam, CT (via Nigeria)

"The Big O" is part of the BABC (Boston Amateur Basketball Club).

BABC Connection: Dasonte Bowen (2022), Josh Ogundele (2020) & Iowa Assistant Coach Courtney Eldridge (1998) are all part of BABC.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye

6'7 wing from Oklahoma. Plays with MoKan on EYBL circuit.

I see one site listing him at 165 pounds. Good thing he has 3 years to add weight to his current 6'7" frame.

He is one of 39 athletes who has accepted an invite to compete at training camp for a spot on the USA Men's U16 National Team (camp starts on May 25 in Colorado Springs). The 2023 FIBA U16 Americas Championship is scheduled for June 5-11 in Merida, Mexico.

From this month:

FvuDvBaakAIrPV4

Last edited:
6'3 PG Jonathan Sanderson was offer #3 of the 4 total offers Iowa has given out so far for the Class of 2026. Iowa offered on May 3, 2023.

Iowa was his first high-major offer.

Iowa coaches were watching his AAU game on April 29, 2023 when he scored 35 points. Four days later Iowa offered. He is part of the 3SSB circuit.

A recent story:

Jonathan Sanderson Buzz Growing Quickly

JUNE 8, 2023
BY TRAVIS GRAF

Jonathan Sanderson is one of the more talented players in the midwest that not many people know about on a national level. He's a 6'2"-6'3" point guard that still seems to be growing and has a knack for scoring the ball as well as distributing at a high level. He debuted in the MADE Hoops 2026 rankings recently and tracks as a player who could make a push for top-25 status due to his overall impact on games. Once all of the national media finds out about Sanderson, he projects as one of the hottest commodity guards in the glass. Below, he spoke with MADE Hoops' Travis Graf about his early recruitment.

Early Offers: "Starting with a few MAC's, Ohio and Toledo, and then Duquense offered. All of those happened about a month ago. Ohio was the first one, that was a really cool experience just to get the first offer, a lot of excitement going through that. Duquesne was literally right after, and that was really cool. I did a little studying on Duquense and it's a cool college. Then Toledo, which I've actually been there before. It's a cool college, another MAC school, those were the first three offers that came in. Another school that offered was Marshall, another cool college and my dad worked there a few years ago."

Iowa: "The first high major, I was so excited when I got that offer. It was just a great day when I got that one. I was actually studying while I got it. The next day everyone was asking me and it was just a great feeling. I just feel like I fit their offense and how they play. They're fast and they shoot a lot of threes, and that just fits me as a player."

Illinois: "I just got that one last night like right after dinner, just talking to Coach, man it was awesome. He told me he was going to offer me and I was so excited. They were filming me and I was like, man this is crazy what's happening. They're another team that also goes fast and uses their point guards well. They also shoot it like Iowa and I just really like both programs and can fit into both,"

Indiana: "That's a really cool university, the fan base is awesome, and the experience of going there just seems like it's really cool. I feel like they're another program where point guard is a really important role. They shoot it, they've got some pace, and I really like that."

Visits He'd Like To Take: "Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, those three I really want to go to. Another one is Kansas, I'm actually going there this fall for an unofficial."

IMG_1408.JPG

Fran has a national stranglehold on recruiting brothers.

Braden Freeman's other offers include Incarnate Word, Eastern Illinois, Purdue-Fort Wayne, Penn, and Western Michigan. And has a slew of interest of many other midwest mid-majors. He has no composite ranking yet.

Here's an article by Tom Kakert from Hawkeye Report:

Vincent Osazee is a 6'8 PF out of Reason Prep in Boston, MA; Iowa assistant coach Courtney Eldridge was in to see him work out on Sep 27, 2023. Iowa has not yet offered.

It gets cut off below but this is what they said stood out about him: The exciting blend of elite athleticism and developing self creation from ’26 Vincent Osazee

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT