ADVERTISEMENT

#24 Ranked 2021 Class After Deavin Hilson & OL Michael Myslinski COMMIT.

That appears to be Michael Myslinski for those listening at home
CelebratedPoshCanadagoose-small.gif

Iowa, Penn State and Michigan State all have lower ranked classes than Nebraska. But I would take all 3 lower ranked classes over Debbies higher ranked class - that tells you how insignificant the rankings are - unless you're one of the big boys pulling in the few 5 stars that are out there.
As iowa adds up to 3 more recruites at there current Average(3 x 87.6 pts per recruit) to our current 1450 total, to 1747, moving us ahead of Nebraska at 19.

We are in the top 20 Nationally in our Average Star per recruit (3.24). Top 5 in the Big Ten.

Iowa, Penn State and Michigan State all have lower ranked classes than Nebraska. But I would take all 3 lower ranked classes over Debbies higher ranked class - that tells you how insignificant the rankings are - unless you're one of the big boys pulling in the few 5 stars that are out there.
OSU (3.95), Michigan (3.55), Wisconsin(3.48), PennState (3.4) are the top 4 Big Ten teams in Average Stars per recruit, Iowa 5th. Debbie is 8th.

247>rivals ;)

Newsflash.
Neither him or the db from omaha are headed to iowa.
Not saying we’re done but those two will not be headed to iowa.
Where Myslinski going to flip to? I have no idea. Just know he opened things up.

This guy might be back in the mix for the late signing period.

jBEMdfMR

As we all know by now, Florida OL Michael Myslinski decommitted from Texas earlier this month. He had Iowa among his orig top schools.

He told Hawk Fanatic that he still is being recruited by Iowa and still is considering the Hawkeyes.

Iowa signed 17 high school seniors on Wednesday during the the early signing period.

The "late" signing day will be held in February.

As we all know by now, Michael Myslinski decommitted from Texas earlier this month.

The Florida OL had Iowa among his orig top schools.

He told Hawk Fanatic that he still is being recruited by Iowa and still is considering the Hawkeyes.

Iowa signed 17 high school seniors on Wednesday during the the early signing period.

The "late" signing day will be held in February.

I think Iowa is a distant 2nd but still in the running. Iowa will get players in the late signing period. 1-3 signees and/or transfers.

The map really shows that all our commitments will be close to home with Labas out of Ohio being the farthest away. I wonder if this is more intentional to limit the amount of transfers down the road or if it’s just how it’s worked out.
Isn't that area just in Iowa's Recruiting Wheelhouse in general? From the outside looking in it does not seem that out of the ordinary.

Not likely that Auburn is going to bother with a 'measly' high 3 star. Auburn tends to get some of the finest RBs, this has been going back since Bo Jackson.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Not likely that Auburn is going to bother with a 'measly' high 3 star. Auburn tends to get some of the finest RBs, this has been going back since Bo Jackson.
Probably. But with coaches, teams scramble. Seems plausible. Also, I’m guessing Auburn’s class isn’t far cry from Iowa’s this year, in terms of star ratings?

It’s not like Iowa and ISU have trash RBs.

edit: just checked, and Auburn’s class is ranked three spots lower than ISU, and has an average star ranking slightly lower than Iowa’s. 10 of their 13 commits are ranked as 3 stars or lower...I’m guessing they will be doing some scrambling since there isn’t a RB in their class yet.

I calling my shot. Sanders to Auburn!

Last edited:
Probably. But with coaches, teams scramble. Seems plausible. Also, I’m guessing Auburn’s class isn’t far cry from Iowa’s this year, in terms of star ratings?

It’s not like Iowa and ISU have trash RBs.

edit: just checked, and Auburn’s class is ranked three spots lower than ISU, and has an average star ranking slightly lower than Iowa’s. 10 of their 13 commits are ranked as 3 stars or lower...I’m guessing they will be doing some scrambling since there isn’t a RB in their class yet.

I calling my shot. Sanders to Auburn!

41 is absurdly low for Auburn. I guess it's because they don't have a large class, but even a low-rated class for them is at least still in the Top 25 somewhere. They're often near, if not in, the Top 10.

That kids got some wheels, and I love how he runs through the middle. It would be a shame if he chose ISU over us.

41 is absurdly low for Auburn. I guess it's because they don't have a large class, but even a low-rated class for them is at least still in the Top 25 somewhere. They're often near, if not in, the Top 10.
Yep.
I’m guessing the coaching uncertainty was an issue.

Yes, they have had a lot of great backs. From Bo Jackson to Cadillac Williams. Sanders is nearly a 4 star. I’m guessing they have had several 3 star backs in the past.

Maybe they have no interest, but like I said earlier, it’s plausible this year.

Pretty odd stride, but still a great runner. Looks like he'd fit in well with our zone scheme, too. If he chooses ISU over us, it's clear early playing time is a priority. Which would be understandable.

How many years has Debby had a higher ranked class than Iowa and still gotten beat? Class rankings outside of the top 4-6 in the country mean diddly.

And with that said - I am guessing that within the next 2-4 years there will be NCAA DI-A and DI-B you will have the P5 conferences and then everyone else. Even for the P5 conferences there are 4 dominant teams, not sure how you remedy that to make it more "diverse and equality" driven (due to today's climate) but something has to change to make the CFP more interesting - the same 4-5 teams is like watching paint dry.

If I had the choice to run behind Iowa’s four star offensive line in the same class as me or ISU’s, I know which school I’d going to. I honestly don’t understand how top backs don’t play at Iowa all the time with their commitment to running the ball a majority of the time and passing as needed or to keep the D off balance.

How many years has Debby had a higher ranked class than Iowa and still gotten beat? Class rankings outside of the top 4-6 in the country mean diddly.
It’s all those highly ranked 4 star wide receivers they take to bump up their class ranking but still haven’t figured out 10 years in you win in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: obfuscating
It’s all those highly ranked 4 star wide receivers they take to bump up their class ranking but still haven’t figured out 10 years in you win in the trenches on both sides of the ball.
And many of them were spoiled prima donnas who never did anything and left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT