ADVERTISEMENT

#24 Ranked 2021 Class After Deavin Hilson & OL Michael Myslinski COMMIT.

They have had some really good classes in the past ten years but they have have the coach that can get it to translate to on the field success. There are a lot of good players in their region.
This. Locksley has always been a really good, (if sometimes sleezy under the table recruiter) while at Illinois, and New Mexico, but never shown a great deal as an X's and O's guy, as the HC....

Reactions: funnyfletcher
This. Locksley has always been a really good, (if sometimes sleezy under the table recruiter) while at Illinois, and New Mexico, but never shown a great deal as an X's and O's guy, as the HC....
Yeah ... Locksley has always been a talented recruiter ... and not even a bad OC. However, he genuinely doesn't appear to be that competent of a head coach. Part of being a strong head coach is to have a firm vision for the program. You want to have a vision that you can both execute with your given personnel ... and one that you can maintain (and/or improve upon) with the recruiting-level you can sustain.

Unfortunately, a lot of coaches just chase after schemes and trends that are the latest and flashiest. And part of that is that they might now a thing or two about schemes ... but that doesn't mean that they are particularly good teachers. Typically the best coaches are excellent teachers.

Here's another RB option who is in the Transfer Portal.

Kay'Ron had an Iowa offer coming out of high school. He was supposed to visit Iowa City but canceled and stuck with Rutgers.

Reactions: BigOHawk
If I had the choice to run behind Iowa’s four star offensive line in the same class as me or ISU’s, I know which school I’d going to. I honestly don’t understand how top backs don’t play at Iowa all the time with their commitment to running the ball a majority of the time and passing as needed or to keep the D off balance.

It's a great class for sure and I predict DD will be our starting lt in '22. We also should keep in mind how good the '20 class is. Richman, Elsbury, who I thought was the most underrated recruit in that class, and Volk who has been getting some positive comments. Richman and Elsbury were good enough to get some mop up time. Some great young talent in the pipeline.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
It's a great class for sure and I predict DD will be our starting lt in '22. We also should keep in mind how good the '20 class is. Richman, Elsbury, who I thought was the most underrated recruit in that class, and Volk who has been getting some positive comments. Richman and Elsbury were good enough to get some mop up time. Some great young talent in the pipeline.
Add Myskinski to that line and look out! What running back wouldn’t want to run behind that line for two, three, or four years? That line has the ability to be the best in the KF era, even better than the great 2002 line.

Curious on positive volk comments.
I had heard opposite.

I had heard opposite.

More than a couple of positive comments on message boards I read. Who knows he's struggling with his knee injury. But I haven't read that. Where did you hear that?

More than a couple of positive comments on message boards I read. Who knows he's struggling with his knee injury. But I haven't read that. Where did you hear that?
Guy who talks to a parent that has a player on the team. They said he’s a couple years away from contributing much.

Reactions: millhawk
Kendrell Williams might be a good fit at Iowa. Runs ANGRY and doesn't go down on first contact and doesn't shy away from it either. Coker 2.0?

I had heard opposite.
I'd heard positives about Elsbury and Richman ... really no internal buzz about Volk yet. I would surmise that between injury and body composition ... he has plenty of strength and conditioning work to do before he's a contributor.

I'm currently a little more curious about the progress of Endres and Fenske. I know that DeJong was a little bit of the surprise out of that class ... the skinny walk-on taking the lead out of the OT candidates. I remember that Fenske kinda had a "blip" on the radar for a little bit. Does anybody know anything about those guys?

If I had the choice to run behind Iowa’s four star offensive line in the same class as me or ISU’s, I know which school I’d going to. I honestly don’t understand how top backs don’t play at Iowa all the time with their commitment to running the ball a majority of the time and passing as needed or to keep the D off balance.
How many RB's has Iowa put in the NFL in the past 30 years that was a starter?

Don't know about 30 years but..

..only produced 1 NFL running back in the last 20 years.

No bueno. I wish we would perform a complete overhaul on our offensive philosophy.

And the thing is they've had highly rated running backs in the program. Granted, quite a few of them flaked out for various reasons, but it's not like the running back room has been void of talent the last twenty years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT