ADVERTISEMENT

#24 Ranked 2021 Class After Deavin Hilson & OL Michael Myslinski COMMIT.

Not likely that Auburn is going to bother with a 'measly' high 3 star. Auburn tends to get some of the finest RBs, this has been going back since Bo Jackson.
Probably. But with coaches, teams scramble. Seems plausible. Also, I’m guessing Auburn’s class isn’t far cry from Iowa’s this year, in terms of star ratings?

It’s not like Iowa and ISU have trash RBs.

edit: just checked, and Auburn’s class is ranked three spots lower than ISU, and has an average star ranking slightly lower than Iowa’s. 10 of their 13 commits are ranked as 3 stars or lower...I’m guessing they will be doing some scrambling since there isn’t a RB in their class yet.

I calling my shot. Sanders to Auburn!
Just bumping up my called shot from when the Boise coach took the Auburn job.

Definitely seems like ISU thinks Sanders is a lock to go there. Maybe Bruce can convince him otherwise or maybe he will see how shitty Ames is and change his mind.

Northern Illinois Defensive tackle Weston Kramer has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer after totaling 95 tackles, 12 TFL and 3.5 sacks during his Northern Illinois career

ErkpUzfXYAIhqSh

ErkpUzhW8AA4hj7

Reactions: David1979
What’s the deal with you, and somebody

What on earth is this in reference to? Joke?
Sanders was 1-time Boise commit thus perhaps some thought he'd follow the BSU coach to Auburn, however it's a two horse race between Iowa and ISU for Sanders with ISU leading.
Hunter, the RB from Miss is thought to be Auburn bound, this is where the dead period and no OV's really hurt us, his tape is really, really good. Wadley speed/moves with some Jewel Hampton/Damian Sims to him, he's a burner.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
What on earth is this in reference to? Looked like a reply to Sanders, but must be to Hunter?
Yeah there was a profile for Hunter. Although, maybe it is just Auburn people thinking they will get him because they are Auburn. I do like the fact Foster is recruiting him. He pulled Goodson out of Georgia so maybe he can get this kid.

Sanders was 1-time Boise commit thus perhaps some thought he'd follow the BSU coach to Auburn, however it's a two horse race between Iowa and ISU for Sanders with ISU leading.
Hunter, the RB from Miss is thought to be Auburn bound, this is where the dead period and no OV's really hurt us, his tape is really, really good. Wadley speed/moves with some Jewel Hampton/Damian Sims to him, he's a burner.
Yeah, would really help to get these guys on campus to meet coaches and see the workings of the program.

Reactions: Hkfan23

Don’t know much about Hunter but Sanders is down to Iowa and ISU. Visits both this weekend. But definite ISU lean. I do know Arland and group are working him.

Yeah there was a profile for Hunter. Although, maybe it is just Auburn people thinking they will get him because they are Auburn. I do like the fact Foster is recruiting him. He pulled Goodson out of Georgia so maybe he can get this kid.

Foster is due for a hit but I wish Iowa would have offered before the December signing date.

If we end up with the Louisiana kid Williams that's maybe not such a bad deal.

Foster is due for a hit but I wish Iowa would have offered before the December signing date.

If we end up with the Louisiana kid Williams that's maybe not such a bad deal.
Yeah I know. Would be nice to have offered earlier

Don’t know much about Hunter but Sanders is down to Iowa and ISU. Visits both this weekend. But definite ISU lean. I do know Arland and group are working him.
Looks like Sanders is gonna get the state of Iowa treatment with a blizzard and cold, windy weather at ISU and a possible rain shower at U of I with 40 degrees. 😉

Reactions: Hkfan23
One thing Iowa has going for it on the recruiting visit by Sanders, besides Iowa City being better, is they have Arnold Bruce IV showing him around as opposed to Dodge Sauser.

Technically it is Arland but yes.😀 I am biased but a great kid to have involved. All signs point to ISU but I know Arland and other recruits are doing their best.

Technically it is Arland but yes.😀 I am biased but a great kid to have involved. All signs point to ISU but I know Arland and other recruits are doing their best.
Yeah, I knew that. Just typing too fast without thinking.

Yes, I was aware of all of that. When I clicked on the quote saying he was likely to commit to Auburn, it only showed the story about Sanders. Leading me to believe that Auburn must have decided to go after Eli, and he was receptive.

After doing more research on this thread, I realized he had to be talking about Hunter and not Sanders.

Reactions: BigOHawk
The transfer portal kids are an unknown on so many levels. I remember the excitement with Cronk and Heflin a year ago. I know 2020 was cluster$#@%, but neither seemed that productive in their one year at Iowa.

And before I catch crap for my comment... no, I never played D-1 sports. ;)

The transfer portal kids are an unknown on so many levels. I remember the excitement with Cronk and Heflin a year ago. I know 2020 was cluster$#@%, but neither seemed that productive in their one year at Iowa.

Cronk hadn't fully recovered and then got injured again and Heflin was a big get. The defense isn't as good without him. Great against the run.

I thought Heflin was very good.

Stick to DII sports!!!!!!!!!

Agree, Cronk was not good before he got injured. Heflin had a couple disruptive plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT