ADVERTISEMENT

40 minutes

I’m listening to the presser now. They are doing a better job today.

11:33 gunman enters school/classroom, 100 rounds are fired between 11:33 and 11:35 when the first group of LEO’s arrived and took fire, injuring 2.

police officers move back, but remain in the hall outside the classroom. 7 total. Doors are locked. Officers don’t have keys until Approx 12:15, enter the class room at 12:21. Kill the suspect.
And again I'll ask: Why did they need a key? Eye witness account from a 10 year old in the classroom says the gunman shot out a WINDOW in the classroom door when he initially entered.

If there's a window, you don't need a key...

It's almost like the police were too afraid of someone with a high powered rifle to save the kids. But hey, let's keep selling those in every sporting goods store in town.
Somebody was scared.

how were 911 callers information not being relayed to the officers in that hallway?

will there be accountability? Will he be chief tomorrow? Will future training change?

19 officers in That hallway. Someone should have taken charge and changed the response effort.

Somebody was scared.

how were 911 callers information not being relayed to the officers in that hallway?

will there be accountability? Will he be chief tomorrow? Will future training change?

19 officers in That hallway. Someone should have taken charge and changed the response effort.
In an interview this am the chief said they didn't go in because they didn't want to get shot. Is that not scared?

• Sad
Reactions: eb05
100 rounds in two minutes. Close to a round per second. Nah, we don’t need any stinking regulations on those types of guns. (*not saying that to you, just a general comment).
First thing on Governor Abbott 's agenda should be moving the age restriction on that type of gun back to 21.

Reactions: Pinehawk
And I either didn’t hear it correctly, or, there is still a timeline issue. I heard12:21, news is saying 12:51

that would mean 78minutes elapsed from entry, to death of shooter. Either way, decision to not go in was wrong

And again I'll ask: Why did they need a key? Eye witness account from a 10 year old in the classroom says the gunman shot out a WINDOW in the classroom door when he initially entered.

If there's a window, you don't need a key...
The only key they needed...

Warrants-Can-Police-Kick-in-My-Door.jpg

He had 11 Magazines inside the school, which accounts for the 350 rounds. The rest of the mags were in the vehicle or dropped at the door entering the building…..just clarifying!

can you imagine that if, at 12:15, dispatchers knew from a call from a child in the classroom that there were still 8-9 kids alive in room 112, that they still waited?!? What if all those kids would have been killed? Unreal.

OK, but please tell me that the presence of "still alive, but in grave danger" people changes that dynamic.
It doesn't according to SOP. Eliminate threat saves the most lives possible. It's a horrible situation, but that has been deemed as the best response.

It doesn't according to SOP. Eliminate threat saves the most lives possible. It's a horrible situation, but that has been deemed as the best response.
Ok, but why then wait so long to eliminate the threat? If they knew that there were still people alive and in great danger...that has to change something, doesn't it?

Protocol, priority, etc, something.

Reactions: Mike Zierath
Ok, but why then wait so long to eliminate the threat? If they knew that there were still people alive and in great danger...that has to change something, doesn't it?

I think you might be misreading the post. He saying the same thing you are unless I'm missing something.

That's the million dollar question. To me it's looking as if they were more worried about their safety than taking out the shooter as quickly as possible.

I think you might be misreading the post. He saying the same thing you are unless I'm missing something.
I sure might be, i have read and responded to a lot of things. Apologies if i am confusing something.

I'll repeat what someone else already said...this investigation of the timeline/response needs to be handled by another agency, not the Uvalde department. FBI or something like that.

He had 11 Magazines inside the school, which accounts for the 350 rounds. The rest of the mags were in the vehicle or dropped at the door entering the building…..just clarifying!

can you imagine that if, at 12:15, dispatchers knew from a call from a child in the classroom that there were still 8-9 kids alive in room 112, that they still waited?!? What if all those kids would have been killed? Unreal.

They just published the 911 calls from the kids. That’s a tough read.

• Sad
Reactions: Mike Zierath
Unless ALL the kids in the school are dead there was a threat. Were they going to wait for the shooter to kill them all before going in?

There are going to be some big-time lawsuits if the findings show the cops failed to perform their duties out of cowardice.
It appears that is what happened, based on the timelines coming out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT