ADVERTISEMENT

40 minutes

Well, I mean if the police weren’t going to do anything about it, I’d like to think I’d push through to save my child even if it cost me my life.
You don't have all the info. Yes, there were police pinning parents down that were trying to get in. You don't know if there were any police in the building.

But yes, if I had a child inn there, I would probably try everything to get in there. Not thinking about the consequences for myself, or even if I get someone killed. Running on pure emotion I'd probably run to the fire.

12 minutes outside before entering the school?

"Ramos shot his grandmother Tuesday morning and drove her truck to Robb Elementary School, crashing the vehicle into a nearby ditch at 11:28 a.m., according to the timeline laid out by Mr. Escalon. He then began shooting at people at a funeral home across the street, prompting a 911 call reporting a gunman at the school at 11:30. Ramos climbed a chain-link fence about 8 feet high onto school grounds and began firing before walking inside, unimpeded, at 11:40. The first police arrived on the scene at 11:44 and exchanged gunfire with Ramos, who locked himself in a fourth-grade classroom. There, he killed the students and teachers.

A Border Patrol tactical team went into the school an hour later, around 12:40 p.m., and was able to get into the classroom and kill Ramos, Mr. Escalon said."

From the WSJ article

"After the confrontation at the school ended with Ramos dead, school buses began to arrive to transport students from the school, according to Ms. Gomez. She said she saw police use a Taser on a local father who approached the bus to collect his child.

“They didn’t do that to the shooter, but they did that to us. That’s how it felt,” Ms. Gomez said."

Reactions: millah_22
From the WSJ article

"After the confrontation at the school ended with Ramos dead, school buses began to arrive to transport students from the school, according to Ms. Gomez. She said she saw police use a Taser on a local father who approached the bus to collect his child.

“They didn’t do that to the shooter, but they did that to us. That’s how it felt,” Ms. Gomez said."

Ms. Gomez is right, they did not detain the active shooter…they shot him.

And of course they wanted to keep people away from the busses until it could be determined who was who.

You are correct. They needed to do something to boost their sense of superiority after standing around like feckless hacks for over an hour while kids were being slaughtered a short distance away.

You have no idea what you are talking about,

Nothing says lacking a sense of superiority than dozens of highly paid men with badges dressed up like Meal Team Six toting high powered rifles, standing around for an hour while kids are being slaughtered nearby and then acting like badasses when parents don't step back in line.

Keep up this delusional point of view, I’m sure it will get lots of likes.

Nobody knows what happened past the gunman entering g the building and three officers exchanging shots, two of them being wounded. And the local police are doing nothing to make the timeline make sense.

look, I’ve said this before, in this thread. Those officers were there for crowd control and scene management at that point. Stop more, highly concerned parents from entering an area that is an unknown. There have already been reports that over 80 LEO responded to the school. At least 5 different agencies. You are seeing a group of very concerned(rightfully so) parents that do not know the current situation, making it worse. These officers have been told to maintain a perimeter and keep folks out. That is their current concern. The shooting was over by the time this video was taken. There is crime tape already up. There are already buses there to transport children to the civic center to be reunited with their parents.

those 6-7 cops are doing exactly what they should be doing. The other 70-73, not seen in the video, we’re doing the job of containing and neutralizing the shooter, evacuating children and faculty from the building. You have to realize that a head count, names. A general accounting of students and staff needed to be done. Allowing parents to take their surviving children away from the school instead of a central location would only add to the confusing and then we’d be talking about process and procedure of accountability, etc, etc.

There is a presser later today. Hopefully, the FBI has advised the local police and Texas Rangers that they need to start providing g meaningful information at this presser and answer questions. Maybe some of the questions asked here will be answered. If not, This has been the worst handling of an incredibly sad and public event we’ve all seen to date.

But there are reports that that happened, and I don't see much in the way of unfair criticism of the police for it happening.
For stopping the parents from running in to an active shooter situation? Not sure if you’re saying the criticism is not unfair or if you’re saying there isn’t much criticism out there.

For stopping the parents from running in to an active shooter situation? Not sure if you’re saying the criticism is not unfair or if you’re saying there isn’t much criticism out there.
I read a report of a parent breaking away from the crowd control area and going to get their kid.

The response to said article that I saw was not critical of the police for letting it happen.

Reactions: Jan Itor
Nobody knows what happened past the gunman entering g the building and three officers exchanging shots, two of them being wounded. And the local police are doing nothing to make the timeline make sense.

look, I’ve said this before, in this thread. Those officers were there for crowd control and scene management at that point. Stop more, highly concerned parents from entering an area that is an unknown. There have already been reports that over 80 LEO responded to the school. At least 5 different agencies. You are seeing a group of very concerned(rightfully so) parents that do not know the current situation, making it worse. These officers have been told to maintain a perimeter and keep folks out. That is their current concern. The shooting was over by the time this video was taken. There is crime tape already up. There are already buses there to transport children to the civic center to be reunited with their parents.

those 6-7 cops are doing exactly what they should be doing. The other 70-73, not seen in the video, we’re doing the job of containing and neutralizing the shooter, evacuating children and faculty from the building. You have to realize that a head count, names. A general accounting of students and staff needed to be done. Allowing parents to take their surviving children away from the school instead of a central location would only add to the confusing and then we’d be talking about process and procedure of accountability, etc, etc.

There is a presser later today. Hopefully, the FBI has advised the local police and Texas Rangers that they need to start providing g meaningful information at this presser and answer questions. Maybe some of the questions asked here will be answered. If not, This has been the worst handling of an incredibly sad and public event we’ve all seen to date.
Sounds to me like the FBI should overtake the full investigation.

I’m listening to the presser now. They are doing a better job today.

11:33 gunman enters school/classroom, 100 rounds are fired between 11:33 and 11:35 when the first group of LEO’s arrived and took fire, injuring 2.

police officers move back, but remain in the hall outside the classroom. 7 total. Doors are locked. Officers don’t have keys until Approx 12:15, enter the class room at 12:21. Kill the suspect.

Reactions: TennNole17
I’m listening to the presser now. They are doing a better job today.

11:33 gunman enters school/classroom, 100 rounds are fired between 11:33 and 11:35 when the first group of LEO’s arrived and took fire, injuring 2.

police officers move back, but remain in the hall outside the classroom. 7 total. Doors are locked. Officers don’t have keys until Approx 12:15, enter the class room at 12:21. Kill the suspect.
100 rounds in two minutes. Close to a round per second. Nah, we don’t need any stinking regulations on those types of guns. (*not saying that to you, just a general comment).

100 rounds in two minutes. Close to a round per second. Nah, we don’t need any stinking regulations on those types of guns. (*not saying that to you, just a general comment).

I would suggest that after the holding in Heller that 2A was a personal right (I.e. fundamental rights) such restrictions will be held unconstitutional

I would suggest that after the holding in Heller that 2A was a personal right (I.e. fundamental rights) such restrictions will be held unconstitutional
I would hold that is phuqing stupid.

Reactions: gohawks50
It's almost like the police were too afraid of someone with a high powered rifle to save the kids. But hey, let's keep selling those in every sporting goods store in town.

Sounds like the police chief made a command decision to not breach the door. At least they have admitted that mistakes were made and they continue to look at how this could have been handled better.

lot of what if’s in this scenario. Can’t change it now. I would have acted differently…..and I’m not a hero!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT