ADVERTISEMENT

40% of Baltimore public high schools could not produce a single student proficient in math. A Democrat haven and $1.6 billion of tax payer funds.

Letsgohawks411

HR All-State
Feb 15, 2015
Yet, Democrats routinely vote against charter schools and vouchers and keep wasting taxpayer money of the fraudulent Department of Education. Of course, the lack of proficiency is all because of racism and white privilege, ask any underperforming democrat. The breakdown of the family is to blame but never addressed. Every Dem run city is the same, Atlanta, only 29% of public-school kids are proficient in math despite the highest dollar per student in tax money. All these Dems send their kids to private schools but are obedient to the useless education union. MAKE ALL ELECTED LEADERS SEND THEIR CHILDREN TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS AND YOU WILL GET CHANGE. Until then, they just throw money at the problem with zero accountability.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/proje...nts-tested-proficient-on-2023-state-math-exam

Also, my balls itch.

Yet, Democrats routinely vote against charter schools and vouchers and keep wasting taxpayer money of the fraudulent Department of Education. Of course, the lack of proficiency is all because of racism and white privilege, ask any underperforming democrat. The breakdown of the family is to blame but never addressed. Every Dem run city is the same, Atlanta, only 29% of public-school kids are proficient in math despite the highest dollar per student in tax money. All these Dems send their kids to private schools but are obedient to the useless education union. MAKE ALL ELECTED LEADERS SEND THEIR CHILDREN TO PUBLIC SCHOOLS AND YOU WILL GET CHANGE. Until then, they just throw money at the problem with zero accountability.

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/proje...nts-tested-proficient-on-2023-state-math-exam

Also, my balls itch.
Because stupid, welfare dependent morons vote dimbocrat...........

Right before our daughter was born, wifey (no pic) and I moved from KC, MO to the Kansas side of the state line. The #1 reason? Public schools. I have lived in the KC metro since 1996 and KCMO is STILL nowhere close to having even a decent school system.

Reactions: Moral
Right before our daughter was born, wifey (no pic) and I moved from KC, MO to the Kansas side of the state line. The #1 reason? Public schools. I have lived in the KC metro since 1996 and KCMO is STILL nowhere close to having even a decent school system.
So you wouldn’t mine to Baltimore. Who was/is the mayor of KC Misery?

Baltimore City has charter schools. School choice isn’t going to fix poverty and lack of parental support that produces that 40% figure
correct, this is a societal thing. Spend a day in one of those schools and tell me what you could teach. Honestly, teachers there should get combat pay for just making it through the day.
Starting a charter school solves nothing. All you have done is create one entity that allows kids to be kicked out. Now, what are you going to do with those kids? Solve that problem. Why not allow a public school to do that now? Because as a society we've decided that educating our populous is a priority.
The only solution I see it to have gigantic military schools, that take kids that are kicked out of school. The charter school/parent choice crowd would ironically love that.

correct, this is a societal thing. Spend a day in one of those schools and tell me what you could teach. Honestly, teachers there should get combat pay for just making it through the day.
Starting a charter school solves nothing. All you have done is create one entity that allows kids to be kicked out. Now, what are you going to do with those kids? Solve that problem. Why not allow a public school to do that now? Because as a society we've decided that educating our populous is a priority.
The only solution I see it to have gigantic military schools, that take kids that are kicked out of school. The charter school/parent choice crowd would ironically love that.

The kids that have been kicked out of schools find their way into that 40% figure

fwiw if my kids were of age, I would have no issue sending them to a baltimore city public school. They’d certainly get a better education than what produced OP or his mom

We should have learned from history. All problems can't be solved by throwing money at them. It didn't work in the 1930's. It didn't work in the 1960's.

Basic Problem Solving:
Don't treat the symptoms
Peel back the onion until you identify the underlying problem
Attack the underlying problem, while temporarily treating the symptoms if necessary
If the underlying problem can't be solved, find an alternative solution that's better than continuing to treat the symptoms

We should have learned from history. All problems can't be solved by throwing money at them. It didn't work in the 1930's. It didn't work in the 1960's.

Basic Problem Solving:
Don't treat the symptoms
Peel back the onion until you identify the underlying problem
Attack the underlying problem, while temporarily treating the symptoms if necessary
If the underlying problem can't be solved, find an alternative solution that's better than continuing to treat the symptoms
I'd love to hear a solution to: not showing up to school, telling a teacher to **** off, a parent that doesn't care. That is the general societal issue some of these schools face by up to half their kids in urban areas.
Even in Iowa your small rural schools are seeing more and more of this behavior. I have several kids that missed 40-50 days out of 80 so far this year. How proficient are these kids going to be? What solutions do you have to get them to school?
Any solution would involve usurping parental authority that those bashing schools rail against.

I'd love to hear a solution to: not showing up to school, telling a teacher to **** off, a parent that doesn't care. That is the general societal issue some of these schools face by up to half their kids in urban areas.
Even in Iowa your small rural schools are seeing more and more of this behavior. I have several kids that missed 40-50 days out of 80 so far this year. How proficient are these kids going to be? What solutions do you have to get them to school?
Any solution would involve usurping parental authority that those bashing schools rail against.

Vouchers.

Also, my balls itch.

City governments oversee, fund, accredit and govern public schools?

f56T8ur.gif

Vouchers.
what the hell do you think a voucher does?
the kids that are the problem and the ones that have to deal with them can't use them to go somewhere else. And if they could then the new place has the issue with the problem kid.
Which goes back to my original question: what is your solution for the kids that don't go to school or disrupt others learning. Remember the costs associated with lack of education are so great we decided everyone has to pay for public education.

what the hell do you think a voucher does?
the kids that are the problem and the ones that have to deal with them can't use them to go somewhere else. And if they could then the new place has the issue with the problem kid.
Which goes back to my original question: what is your solution for the kids that don't go to school or disrupt others learning. Remember the costs associated with lack of education are so great we decided everyone has to pay for public education.

Tax cuts?

Reactions: mthawkeyes
That's my point. Throwing money at those problems isn't the answer. I don't know the answers to your points, and some of the answers may involve money, but simply more funding hasn't worked in Baltimore. Back in the day, there were truant officers. If a kid kept missing school, parents had to go to court to answer why. Schools were incented based on attendance. Obviously I'm not bashing schools, but I am bashing the notion that throwing money at problems isn't always the answer.

Give them what they want and toss them to the curb,... Stop ruining the teaching environment for students that want to be there.

Give them what they want and toss them to the curb,... Stop ruining the teaching environment for students that want to be there.

most people aren't big on kicking 10 years old to the streets...

Discipline and Protection are the only things that can save the school.

Put lots of police in the inner city schools and throw out the f%ck heads who ruin it for everyone

I could see inner city schools being 90% female.

They could also offer female-only schools.

Fwiw for the “kick them out!” crowd, school is basically the only time these kids eat. That’s not an exaggeration per one of my neighbors that teaches in a Baltimore City school.

Reactions: CLUB215
Years and years ago I saw a news presenter debating with an education PhD on a decision in NYC schools to pass kids to the next grade irrespective of their achievement level.
The newscaster, a former teacher, was aghast, and explained that thus promoted they’ll end up failing again and again because they’re unprepared. He finished his retort, “you can’t think that’s effective education?!”
I’ll never forget the reply, because it looked at the problem from a perspective I hadn’t. Kids held back were more likely to drop out, and be on the street. “It’s not about effective education, it’s about effective control of children.” NYC didn’t want more kids on the street. Daycare over education, basically.

Baltimore City has charter schools. School choice isn’t going to fix poverty and lack of parental support that produces that 40% figure
But school choice will provide an avenue for those who want a better education to finally get one.

Better education can lift one from poverty, hopefully better education can teach the next generation to step up and be better parents.

Years and years ago I saw a news presenter debating with an education PhD on a decision in NYC schools to pass kids to the next grade irrespective of their achievement level.
The newscaster, a former teacher, was aghast, and explained that thus promoted they’ll end up failing again and again because they’re unprepared. He finished his retort, “you can’t think that’s effective education?!”
I’ll never forget the reply, because it looked at the problem from a perspective I hadn’t. Kids held back were more likely to drop out, and be on the street. “It’s not about effective education, it’s about effective control of children.” NYC didn’t want more kids on the street. Daycare over education, basically.
Sounds like the Iowa Public School System to me, just show up and do nothing and you will always be promoted to the next grade.
Just show up do nothing never crack a book or turn in a paper and you will get at least a D- and pass on to the next grade.

Let's focus on the positive! 3 out of 4 Baltimore schools ARE producing students proficient in math.

So just phuck up everything for all 10 year olds?... makes sense.

Discipline and Protection are the only things that can save the school.

Put lots of police in the inner city schools and throw out the f%ck heads who ruin it for everyone

I could see inner city schools being 90% female.

They could also offer female-only schools.
So you’re saying not all parents make great choices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT