ADVERTISEMENT

9 days until the pandemic ends!

Yeah....leading more toward Karma for you.

Nick Cordero had no pre-existing conditions.

Well, you really have no idea. But, pointing out an anomaly in the data doesn’t mean much.
His case is very uncommon.

Well, many parts of the world are doing well. The US, not so much.

Some of the methods that they learned in the 1918 still apply today (masks and separation) but they've been ignored or even discouraged by leadership which is a big reason for the issues we are seeing now. The Spanish Flu should serve as a lesson for us - cities that closed down sooner and for longer period fared much better both health wise and financially than those who opened more quickly. But again, that has gone largely ignored.

Still, we have far, far more ways to isolate and disinfect ourselves today. We also have tremendous technology to treat those infected and develop a vaccine or other remedy. We are in much better position to fight this pandemic today than we were 100 years ago. Hopefully our leadership doesn't undermine it so much that we end up like 1918.

NYC and LA have had the most strict lockdowns of any of our major cities. They are also extremely liberal, which would indicate mask usage, since you know, only Republicans don’t wear them. How have those two cities fared?

NYC and LA have had the most strict lockdowns of any of our major cities. They are also extremely liberal, which would indicate mask usage, since you know, only Republicans don’t wear them. How have those two cities fared?
After the initial outbreak NY is doing well. LA has had a breakout among the Latin community that needs to be addressed. They also have had big parties that are putting others at risk. I would say these two areas are doing better than Arizona, Texas, Florida have been lately.

The leadership putting measures in place to reduce the spread and setting a good example by wearing masks and encouraging safety makes much more sense to me than the leaders refusing to do so.

Well, you really have no idea.
Aside from his wife saying so, his physician (through his wife) indicating that was the case, and news reports confirming it, no. No idea.:eek:

And hundreds of other examples like him that doctors have conveyed as "otherwise healthy".

Well, many parts of the world are doing well. The US, not so much.

Some of the methods that they learned in the 1918 still apply today (masks and separation) but they've been ignored or even discouraged by leadership which is a big reason for the issues we are seeing now. The Spanish Flu should serve as a lesson for us - cities that closed down sooner and for longer period fared much better both health wise and financially than those who opened more quickly. But again, that has gone largely ignored.

Still, we have far, far more ways to isolate and disinfect ourselves today. We also have tremendous technology to treat those infected and develop a vaccine or other remedy. We are in much better position to fight this pandemic today than we were 100 years ago. Hopefully our leadership doesn't undermine it so much that we end up like 1918.

Blaming it on leadership is getting old. Accountability falls on the individual. However, the Dems love blaming Trump and Reynold for everything.

Blaming it on leadership is getting old. Accountability falls on the individual. However, the Dems love blaming Trump and Reynold for everything.
Individuals are accountable but with the inconsistent messaging and lack of example from leadership there's little to be held accountable for. If leaders aren't following the science, if leaders aren't doing the things they should as individuals, they shouldn't be in leadership positions. That's the point.

You seem to spend a lot of time defending Trump and Reynolds.

Name the last time that has happened? I can. It was the late 2017 tax cut. I voted against Reynolds and don’t recall ever defending her in any thread. Maybe you have me confused with someone else.

Name the last time that has happened? I can. It was the late 2017 tax cut. I voted against Reynolds and don’t recall ever defending her in any thread. Maybe you have me confused with someone else.
Perhaps I am mistaking you with someone else. I do seem to recall you being on the pro-Trump side of something within the past couple weeks, perhaps Covid related.

Perhaps I am mistaking you with someone else. I do seem to recall you being on the pro-Trump side of something within the past couple weeks, perhaps Covid related.

The only thing I am pro-Trump on is the tax cut, though I withdraw that report as it did not come with spending cuts. I am also pro-Trump on immigration. Nothing else. I’m voting Biden, reluctantly, but I’d vote for a turd before ever voting Trump. I also donor think this virus is political. I don’t support Trump, but I don’t blame him for this either. There is zero proof that a Dem President would have controlled this virus and better.

I am also pro-Trump on immigration.

As his immigration polices are racist, I guess we know where you're coming from now.

Perhaps others will reciprocate by not exercising any empathy for you and your disabled kid anymore, either.

You can have a reasonable immigration policy w/o the racism.

As his immigration polices are racist, I guess we know where you're coming from now.

Perhaps others will reciprocate by not exercising any empathy for you and your disabled kid anymore, either.

You can have a reasonable immigration policy w/o the racism.

Being in favor of a more strict border policy doesn’t make me a racist. I’m 1/4 Mexican. My grandmother was 100%. My great grandmother immigrated here legally. We’ve been down this road before on HROT. Comparing it to having a child with Special Needs is ridiculous. I have sympathy for those wanting to immigrate to the US, but I also know that here in the states, we have much bigger problems dealing with the poverty that’s already here. I’d rather we address those issues while maintaining a reasonable immigration policy.

This is where you and I can’t have a conversation Joe. You’re calling me a racist against my own heritage. My family and I have dealt with racism most of my life. My father dealt with it much worse than I did back in the 50’s and 60’s.

I’d rather we address those issues while maintaining a reasonable immigration policy.

I'm 100% at odds with Trump's immigration policy; because he wants to bring in cheap hotel laborers and farm workers w/o any rights, and if they complain about being exploited and abused, they get deported. That's fundamentally at odds with any semblance of ethics or morals.

You seem to enjoy the "tough talk" and "putting them in cages". I recognize that those tactics have simply served to funnel millions in our tax money (and BORROWED money, because we cannot afford it) in to private prison enterprises. When 90+% of those seeking asylum showed up for their hearings. It's a grift, and you're too caught up in your jingoism to recognize the grift.

Sooner or later, they'll cut the funding and safeguards for special needs kids and adults, and you'll wonder how that all happened; you can literally look to what they are doing now - with you following right along like a Good Little Trumper Republican - to see it.

Walls and locking people up are not "policies"; they are propaganda.

Supporting Trump's policies does, however.

No, it does not. That’s where you are completely wrong. Seriously, the libs have to stop with this nonsense. First it was deplorables, then Nazis, now racists. This is why people in the middle will never embrace your side.

The only thing I am pro-Trump on is the tax cut, though I withdraw that report as it did not come with spending cuts. I am also pro-Trump on immigration. Nothing else. I’m voting Biden, reluctantly, but I’d vote for a turd before ever voting Trump. I also donor think this virus is political. I don’t support Trump, but I don’t blame him for this either. There is zero proof that a Dem President would have controlled this virus and better.
Lol.

No, it does not. That’s where you are completely wrong. Seriously, the libs have to stop with this nonsense. First it was deplorables, then Nazis, now racists. This is why people in the middle will never embrace your side.
Lol.

I'm 100% at odds with Trump's immigration policy; because he wants to bring in cheap hotel laborers and farm workers w/o any rights, and if they complain about being exploited and abused, they get deported. That's fundamentally at odds with any semblance of ethics or morals.

You seem to enjoy the "tough talk" and "putting them in cages". I recognize that those tactics have simply served to funnel millions in our tax money (and BORROWED money, because we cannot afford it) in to private prison enterprises. When 90+% of those seeking asylum showed up for their hearings. It's a grift, and you're too caught up in your jingoism to recognize the grift.

Sooner or later, they'll cut the funding and safeguards for special needs kids and adults, and you'll wonder how that all happened; you can literally look to what they are doing now - with you following right along like a Good Little Trumper Republican - to see it.

Walls and locking people up are not "policies"; they are propaganda.

You and I are done. I’m tired of you telling people, including myself, who we are and what we think. For whatever reason, you cannot have a reasonable conversation with people who think differently than you do. You don’t deserve the ignore button, but I know know to stop engaging with you.

You and I are done. I’m tired of you telling people, including myself, who we are and what we think. For whatever reason, you cannot have a reasonable conversation with people who think differently than you do. You don’t deserve the ignore button, but I know know to stop engaging with you.
Irony.

Reactions: Joes Place

I've posted specific examples, and this is your defense?
You're racist and don't even realize it.

Again: you CAN have a reasonable immigration policy, without the anti-Muslim, anti hispanic ties. You seem to just brush that aside and claim "I agree with these things on immigration".

I think the immigration policy is abysmal, and, as I've pointed out to you, is simply designed to funnel millions in taxpayer dollars into the privatized incarceration industry. You really should read up on that, as it may open your eyes a bit.

Reactions: Rudolph

That's retarded, bro. I not telling you "what you think"; I'm telling you that your myopic and naive views of things are well out of line with ethical and moral positions.

I've posted specific examples, and this is your defense?
You're racist and don't even realize it.

Again: you CAN have a reasonable immigration policy, without the anti-Muslim, anti hispanic ties. You seem to just brush that aside and claim "I agree with these things on immigration".

I think the immigration policy is abysmal, and, as I've pointed out to you, is simply designed to funnel millions in taxpayer dollars into the privatized incarceration industry. You really should read up on that, as it may open your eyes a bit.
Yep.

Seriously, the libs have to stop

Namecalling here is retarded, too. Again, if you want others to have empathy for you, your family and your kids, you should start by learning a little empathy for those impacted by immigration policies "you agree with", just because Trump says things that give you a boner.

That's retarded, bro. I not telling you "what you think"; I'm telling you that your myopic and naive views of things are well out of line with ethical and moral positions.
Uh oh, wrong word (for a perceived lib to use). Cue up the rant about how libs use the r word even though I revealed to Shawn in black-and-white that cons use it more here in hrot (which landed me on his ignore list). Pride is rough on some folks.

Uh oh, wrong word (for a perceived lib to use). Cue up the rant about how libs use the r word even though I revealed to Shawn in black-and-white that cons use it more here in hrot (which landed me on his ignore list). Pride is rough on some folks.

He wants others to empathize with his Down Syndrome kid, and how words are hurtful.

Then, he turns a blind eye to those impacted by Trump's racist immigration policies, and claims he agrees with them.

It's simply batshit crazyland. "Be nice to my kid, but don't worry about the poor folks from Latin America fleeing messes we created, or Muslims who are impacted by his travel ban language........because using the word 'retard' is bad"

I'm all out of empathy for him and his kid. If you got no empathy for others, then don't expect any from me.

Reactions: Rudolph
He wants others to empathize with his Down Syndrome kid, and how words are hurtful.

Then, he turns a blind eye to those impacted by Trump's racist immigration policies, and claims he agrees with them.

It's simply batshit crazyland. "Be nice to my kid, but don't worry about the poor folks from Latin America fleeing messes we created, or Muslims who are impacted by his travel ban language........because using the word 'retard' is bad"

I'm all out of empathy for him and his kid. If you got no empathy for others, then don't expect any from me.
He’s just prideful. We all are. And I think he watches a lot of tv.

Go back and read my posts in March on the pandemic, and you'll probably add a few exclamation points to that comment....
The problem is this. Some of us were right or mostly right months ago. But many - not just Trump supporters - thought we were alarmists or outright wrong. What they remember isn't what we said - which was mostly right - but that we were alarmists and wrong.

That's the price we pay for being ahead of the curve in a world where people tend to remember how it felt back then, rather than what was actually said back then.

This is why we almost never see anyone say "you know, you were right back then" - because they only remember their reaction, not the facts under dispute. And their memory of their reaction is that we were wrong.

Took me years to figure this out. And yet I keep trying to give early warnings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joes Place
He’s just prideful. We all are. And I think he watches a lot of tv.

A lot of conservative news channel tv, loaded with yummy soundbites - the sugar-candy/Twinkies/HoHos of news, and no protein or fiber. The brain degrades over time on that diet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT