ADVERTISEMENT

A coach is only as good as........

dbleagle1

HR All-State
Oct 18, 2014
The talent of the assistants he surrounds himself with........I really think if Kirk wasn't so stubborn, he would be much more successful. Any HC will tell you that he is only as successful as his assistants, especially his coordinators. First, as has been discussed a million times today, GD just isn't getting the job done. I am not in their meetings so I don't know how much of that is KF keeping his fu#%ing hands on the offense and how much of that is GD just being clueless during a game. People keep talking about 'new Kirk' ......however, going for a 4th down here and there (and even at bad times) doesn't constitute 'new Kirk' in my opinion. An actual 'new Kirk' would be a Kirk that either lets his offensive coaches coach, runs a full time (or most of the time) no huddle offense, or makes some real changes knowing that he has to move the ball better to win games. On the defensive side, Phil Parker is average.......I just wish he would be a little more aggressive at calling blitzes of different types. I just think base defense, while safe, doesn't always produce the greatest of results. I really think that just a little scheme philosophy adjustment (on both sides of the ball) would greatly improve their season.........I honestly think Kirk could still be successful with a few of these changes. He has had some pretty good seasons at Iowa and there is no reason to think that he couldn't moving forward.......he just really misses having coaches like Norm Parker on the staff..........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT