ADVERTISEMENT

A point of optimism for change

In the end, everyone is deferring to Kirk. That's why he is the head coach
Sure, but we all could agree Brian's play calling and adjustments after the first 12 or so scripted plays to start the games sucked balls. Philbin or Paul will be able to do a lot better than that.

I think a prime example of what you’re talking about is the quarterback bootleg. Defenses seem to recognize it before the quarterback has even faked the handoff. I don’t know if it’s the fullback and TE coming across the line of scrimmage that automatically tips them off but it seems there is always 2-3 defenders flying to the quarterback and out to the flat before the quarterback begins rolling out from faking the handoff. Whatever is going on it’s clear the defenders on that side of the field know the handoff is being faked before the fake has even been performed.

I mean, we’re not talking about a quick reaction. We’re talking about full on anticipation of what is happening at the onset of the play.
And Deacon could not for some reason tell when teams were blitzing even when it was obvious.

On the post game Dolph asked Kirk about the upcoming OC hire. Kirk said very important to have fit. Does not want to bring someone in that doesn’t mesh with rest of staff. That’s why it was never gonna be Scott Frost. Ever.
Scott frost got run out of Lincoln for his drunken behavior not his record, get a clue.

Philbin had Rodgers and Marco at least looks to have the same kind of running ability. Just needs to work out the WR routes and accurate passing. I think Marco had jitters and the TN defense line knew they owned our OL when Marco came in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT