ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Graves to his HS coach, when Clown U showed interest: "Why do you have them here? I want to play for Iowa."

In an alternate universe where I was a good football player, I would have done the same thing.

I am confident that when you were younger you looked kinda like this. ;)

EkStWJhXcAU4NbH

n_We0xr4

Yeah, good call. Probably better to be a super needy recruit and request tons of home visits and just generally try to waste their time so they have less ability to recruit other players.
I'd prefer emails...I mean covid and all!! In home from Hawks would be OK thougb ;)

Graves is badass. He’s so underrated - should be a 5 star. Joey Bosa 2.0

I think we just put the icing on the cake of what will be the best defense Iowa’s ever had in the 23-24 timeframe IMO

I have SE Valley this year for BB game as an official at NF unless something pushes me elsewhere. One of my partners had them when Graves was a sophomore and said he was already a beast. Hopefully I don’t get a switch and sent another direction. If he committed to Ia. State I would have to “T” him up, right?

I have SE Valley this year for BB game as an official at NF unless something pushes me elsewhere. One of my partners had them when Graves was a sophomore and said he was already a beast. Hopefully I don’t get a switch and sent another direction. If he committed to Ia. State I would have to “T” him up, right?
I thought I read he was wrestling again this year.

Yeah, I don’t know how I feel about it. Maybe there is more context to it but the parent in me would be pretty upset if my kid insulted a generous opportunity, anywhere. Hopefully he was respectful to the ISU staff.

From the coaches standpoint this quote is pretty crass. It might impact future opportunities, for other players of his, where ISU might be a good fit.

I guess live and learn.

He’s on the basketball roster according to varsity bound. Maybe he’s doing both IDK. I just know we have the contract but that always changes. Our football and basketball schedules have been difficult the last few years. I contract my own games for baseball but even then switches/changes happen. Need more officials for sure. In my opinion too many officials not honoring their contracts and AD’s letting them out of it. I’m 51 and when I sign a contract I own that game. I misinterpreted 1 contract in my life as an official and it was a JV girl/boy doubleheader. Funny I was with Larry Allen (OABCIG Head FB Coach) and I read the contract as boys only. Larry officiated the first half and half the 3rd quarter of the girls game by himself before I arrived. Good thing Larry is such a forgiving and great guy! 😂

Yeah, I don’t know how I feel about it. Maybe there is more context to it but the parent in me would be pretty upset if my kid insulted a generous opportunity, anywhere. Hopefully he was respectful to the ISU staff.

From the coaches standpoint this quote is pretty crass. It might impact future opportunities, for other players of his, where ISU might be a good fit.

I guess live and learn.

ronald-mc-donald-depressed.gif

Right... Admittedly I’m an ISU fan as much as I am Iowa, though I generally prefer to watch Iowa. Read what Kevin Kasper had to say about ISU offering his son. Any school offering a contract to play division 1 football is an amazing privilege and opportunity. I’d be grateful…. I’m more perplexed by the coach offering that quote.

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
This kid would have been a top 50 player in the class or higher if he waited to commit and did the camp circuit. To be rated that high from small town Iowa despite shutting down his recruiting two years ago shows how good the kid actually is. I think he will move up some after the All American game practices.

I guess live and learn.

Listen here, Mr Excellent Bread Maker.

Why would ANYONE with Aaron Graves' talent show respect to a non Power 5 program like Clown U?

And that conversation was between him and his coach. Aaron did not say anything publicly to anyone else. So, if you wanna point fingers, point it at the coach for telling the story publicly and leave Aaron the hell out of it.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
Listen here, Mr Excellent Bread Maker.

Why would ANYONE with Aaron Graves' talent show respect to a non Power 5 program like Clown U?

And that conversation was between him and his coach. Aaron did not say anything publicly to anyone else. So, if you wanna point fingers, point it at the coach for telling the story publicly and leave Aaron the hell out of it.
I mean…. that’s exactly what I did….

Reactions: David1979

I guess live and learn.
I guess, but at the same time he's not wasting their time either. I mean how many guys has Iowa chased around for a year or more when they were never going to go there? Might be refreshing to just move on at some point....

Reactions: squeezebox
I mean…. that’s exactly what I did….

Actually, you wrote that the "kid insulted a generous opportunity..."

Aaron did not insult anyone; he simply spoke the truth, and the truth obviously hurts you Clown fans.

Simply put, there is no opportunity at Clown U for players at Aaron's level. Clown U is Iowa's little brother. Soon, Clown U will no longer be part of a Power Conference. Matty has stated publicly that his goal is not to win championships. Clown U does not put players in the NFL. Yet, you call an offer from Clown U a generous opportunity. LOL

And then you wrote that the coach's comments "might impact future opportunities, for other players of his...."

Another laughable statement. If Clown U likes one of his players in the future, Clown U Is not going to hold previous comments from a coach against the kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT