ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Nagao in the Portal

Baschamania has more than a PSU slant. Basch openly admits he’s a PSU fan. Cenzo Joseph was his cohost for several months.
He is also trying to be a national reporter and get views for the podcast, so I don't necessarily think that having the announcement on there is necessarily hinting at what the final decision is in any direction. This is as big of an offseason story as there is in wrestling right now, and Basch is scooping everyone else even if Nagao is commiting to Iowa.

I said earlier, he did an interview with him last week. Pretty sure Basch said hey if you wanna come back on for ur commitment announcement I would love to have you. Nagao probably said sure.
I heard no mention of "Sure, I'll do that." I suspect it's because of where he chose to transfer to.

Reactions: 01Hawk05
Mad Season 9 GIF by The Office

Trying to stay patient but this offseason penn state has only widened the gap. Things need to change.
Change how? I keep seeing this on here but no real strategy on how.

Look, what PSU is doing is basically the equivalent to a golfer making nothing but birdies and eagles or a bowler, bowling 279 or higher every game.

The reason I make those comparisons is because you can’t defend against or stop what they are doing. You can only do your best to try to keep up and score as high as you can yourself.

What Penn State is doing simply has never been done before. They recruit better than everyone by a country mile and just landed ALL 3 of the best guys available in the portal. What are you going to change that stops that?

Simply put, 2 teams CANNOT do what PSU is doing at the same time. There simply isn’t a way to match this level of talent in 1 room. Until PSU does something to fall back some, Iowa has to do their best to stay the clear 2nd team and sneak a 1st if PSU ever has serious and crucial injuries or has to reload without the portal hitting like this year…

It was always gonna be an uphill battle to catch Penn st. The transfer portal all but ended any chance of catching them on an “off” year or “rebuilding” year.
Team titles will be wrapped by Friday night going forward. Only reason to watch is to see if a hawk wins in the finals or to see if any of the 5 Penn st finalists will lose.
Portal is trash
NIL how it is is trash
This is the death of parity
The spirit of college competition is dead
Every other school is a farm league for Penn st.
Iowa may get some crumbs but how it’s set up currently, sorry to say, it’s over.

What is Cael's sales pitch to these extremely evangelical athletes who place religion first over wrestling? Isn't he a practicing mormon? It's a legit question as traditional Christianities have some stark differences to mormonism.

Iowa need to focus on the wrestlers they do get and do what is needed to make them champions. It’s the only way this changes. I don’t have an answer for how to do it but it’s what needs to happen. Until Iowa starts consistently putting out multiple National Champions, they can not consistently be on top.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT