ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari Is The World's Biggest Clown

bman546

HR MVP
Nov 16, 2008
Yes, I know, tell us something we don't know. Also, this pertains to him watching Junior Duals, but I didn't put it in that thread because it is a change of topic.
Did anyone see hs interview with Kyle Klingman posted on Flo? He is being interviewed, and of course, he has his shirt off and is wearing a pair of shades etc.
For the record, once you get inside the Cox Center, the building is very cool due to them cranking the air conditioning. It is almost considered cold in there, but AJ has to walk around topless, and of course he has to flex during the interview. During the NCAAs, I laughed (and cringed) during his moments in in front of the camera, but he has quickly become insufferable. He is a big strong guy, but he isn't that big, come on AJ. Pantaleo, for example, looks like a more muscular specimen, he doesn't parade around high school wrestling tournaments with his shirt off, and he acts like a normal person. But, one went to Michigan, and the other to Okie State, enough said.

Reactions: Clearview34
God I hate to admit this. I am starting to like him. Just don't take his shtick to serious. Wrestling can use some villains and he plays the role well. My only complaint is when he continually runs guys OB when riding. Otherwise love to hate him.
Also said he is weighing 215-220. Maybe a HWT run is in his future.

God I hate to admit this. I am starting to like him. Just don't take his shtick to serious. Wrestling can use some villains and he plays the role well. My only complaint is when he continually runs guys OB when riding. Otherwise love to hate him.

That’s what I would expect a 197 to weigh in the off-season.

Just so we are clear, he’s at a high school tournament and not wearing a shirt?

Yeah just read that on Twitter. What a clown. Like a Jersey Shore episode I can't look away.

I think he’s funny and annoying. At least he’s not out getting arrested. If he was a Hawkeye I think we’d embrace his uniqueness. Maybe propose a bodybuilding contest between him and Lugo’s father. That guy always got a big pop when they’d show him on the television at our watch parties. Built like a monster.

100%

I find him annoying, but he’s also a young guy, and I see why some find him entertaining.

It’s not his schtick. That’s just him. I don’t think he understands people are laughing at him and not with him. Also he needs to work on the biceps and triceps a ton more if he’s going to keep flexing. Now he definitely has a chest on him and some big legs. I really would like to see him go to HW to get rag dolled by the top few guys.

I agree with 2000hawk. I don’t care for his wrestling style at all. He was a freshman so I’m anxious to see if he picks it up or it’s Tony Nelson 2.0 at 197.

Reactions: 2000hawk
Yes, I know, tell us something we don't know. Also, this pertains to him watching Junior Duals, but I didn't put it in that thread because it is a change of topic.
Did anyone see hs interview with Kyle Klingman posted on Flo? He is being interviewed, and of course, he has his shirt off and is wearing a pair of shades etc.
For the record, once you get inside the Cox Center, the building is very cool due to them cranking the air conditioning. It is almost considered cold in there, but AJ has to walk around topless, and of course he has to flex during the interview. During the NCAAs, I laughed (and cringed) during his moments in in front of the camera, but he has quickly become insufferable. He is a big strong guy, but he isn't that big, come on AJ. Pantaleo, for example, looks like a more muscular specimen, he doesn't parade around high school wrestling tournaments with his shirt off, and he acts like a normal person. But, one went to Michigan, and the other to Okie State, enough said.
He’s just building his “brand.” To be edgy and welcome the spotlight. No different than a Connor McGregor etc. Not saying I am a fan of it… but many in our society eat that shit up. He’ll make for an entertaining MMA fighter or professional wrestler

Shtick aside, he’s a fairly boring wrestler to watch. Lots of low scoring matches and a low bonus rate. If I had to compare him to another freshman champ, it would probably be TShirt in terms of bonus rate which are about the same in the mid 30s. I am guessing TShirt probably had a tougher schedule. People use to get frustrated watching Tshirt so maybe this shtick of Ferrari’s is working some magic.

He’s just building his “brand.” To be edgy and welcome the spotlight. No different than a Connor McGregor etc. Not saying I am a fan of it… but many in our society eat that shit up. He’ll make for an entertaining MMA fighter or professional wrestler
I do not think he is building his brand. I think he is just being himself and does not give a crap about what anyone else thinks. Add to the that the fact that he is in love with himself and you have AJ Ferrari.

It would be horrible if every wrestler acted like him. We would be looked upon poorly by the administrations and the public, but an occasional AJ Ferrari is good for the sport and fun. Maybe when OSU comes to Carver, the men in attendance should come dressed in an AJ Ferrari outfit. Orange shoes and socks, no shirt, hair slicked back and body lotion up with some sort of oil. It would be hilarious. I don't put anything past the Carver cesspool types.

Maybe better yet, they could travel to OSU and do it in their arena.

I wonder what "brand" he thinks he is creating. Bolstering Jersey Shore type stereotypes? There are plenty of other athletes just as impressive that don't come with the risk of rubbing people the wrong way or projecting cringe worthy material. There may be some rewards to his schtick, but the risks are greater, or the schtick may cost him more opportunities than it gains. To each their own, but he is still a clown.

I wonder what "brand" he thinks he is creating. Bolstering Jersey Shore type stereotypes? There are plenty of other athletes just as impressive that don't come with the risk of rubbing people the wrong way or projecting cringe worthy material. There may be some rewards to his schtick, but the risks are greater, or the schtick may cost him more opportunities than it gains. To each their own, but he is still a clown.
The thing is, being at nationals and watching him the whole time, I 100% believe it is not a shtick, it's just who he is. Which is even worse lol.

Reactions: hawkeyecrazy
But…. You’re talking about him. He prolly doesn’t care if you like him or not. Lol

Everyone said the same thing about Pat Downey until he tried to come here. Then suddenly he was loved around here. No wonder our fanbase is the laughing stock of collegiate sports.

Everyone said the same thing about Pat Downey until he tried to come here. Then suddenly he was loved around here. No wonder our fanbase is the laughing stock of collegiate sports.
Except Ferrari's antics would never be allowed in our room, hence why we never got to see Downey in an Iowa singlet.

Shtick aside, he’s a fairly boring wrestler to watch. Lots of low scoring matches and a low bonus rate. If I had to compare him to another freshman champ, it would probably be TShirt in terms of bonus rate which are about the same in the mid 30s. I am guessing TShirt probably had a tougher schedule. People use to get frustrated watching Tshirt so maybe this shtick of Ferrari’s is working some magic.
Great comparison, Chief! TShirt used to drive me insane with his constant stalling. With the stall rules in place now, I'm thinking he would have had a much different path. That said, he was clearly talented and worked within the rules. But BORING!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT