ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the passion of this board but what if this was your son that was accused, not charged with a crime. Too often we jump to conclusions and think the worst. What if there isn’t any charges?

If AJ transferred here everyone would welcome him and this board would be filled with everyone is innocent until proven guilty and he should be given a second chance.

Now, if he is charged and found guilty, he should pay the legal price for his actions. I am just going to let the judicial process play out, regardless of what I think about his character.

Per comments on the Stillwater PD Facebook page, people Emailed John Smith a while ago about AJ hitting on underage girls.

AJ may have just taken down the goat.

I love the passion of this board but what if this was your son that was accused, not charged with a crime. Too often we jump to conclusions and think the worst. What if there isn’t any charges?

If AJ transferred here everyone would welcome him and this board would be filled with everyone is innocent until proven guilty and he should be given a second chance.

Now, if he is charged and found guilty, he should pay the legal price for his actions. I am just going to let the judicial process play out, regardless of what I think about his character.
Yeah, I think there would be tons of posters upset with him coming to Iowa. I’d be among them. He comes across horribly arrogant and immature, and granted he is young, but I just cannot stand his personality. And that’s before all this other stuff has come up. I don’t know how he would fit in from a team chemistry standpoint unless he grew up fast.

You are welcome to do that. Very logical. But that second paragraph is BS. Many of us were NOT fans of PD3 coming to Iowa and made no bones about it here on the board. I’d have the same opinion about Albert. Okie State found enough to kick him off the team. That’s enough for me to not want him at Iowa.

Speak for yourself. I've seen enough of the guy to know I don't want him infecting the Iowa program. It's only by dumb luck that he didn't kill that 56-year old woman in that accident he caused passing three cars at high speed up a hill. That could've been your mom, wife, sister, daughter, who was just driving home and had this asshole slam into her because he was being a dipshit. Add that to the disgusting tweets he put out there disrespecting young women, and the accusations of sexual assault. F*ck him. I hope he disappears and ends up working at a car wash in south Texas.

I remember watching an interview early in Spencer's freshman year when he was talking about the collective character of his Hawkeye teammates. He said that he had a twin sister and he would be comfortable with her being around any of the guys on the team. Can't imagine that would be the case with Ferrari.

Agreed on the first part. Nobody knows what happened other than what's been released. However, this isn't just a one off, he said/she said thing. The Ferraris have issues wherever they go and they were kicked off the team for other actions IAW OSU. I have heard some crazy stories from those in the know and that they were on their way out. When it was announced they were released early in the day, I wasn't shocked at all. But then news of the SA hit and that was out of left field. It was not included in some of things I heard. Think about that.

Iowa has given second chances...Teasdale and Downey are the most recent examples. As a fan, I didn't agree with Downey but was assured he would be monitored etc. He didn't last long. Same with Teasdale. I hope both guys can turn things around for themselves, mature, and start adulting. They are both talented guys who largely harmed themselves w/o damaging their team...although some of Downey's antics had to be a distraction.

IMO, there is just too much baggage there even w/o factoring in the SA.

How so? Just curious
Quick way to put it would be to say that Albert Jr. and Sr. share more than a namesake. They're twins behaviorally. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that any of the Ferrari kid's problems comes straight from how they were raised.

Or if you've ever been near the Amine father you'd have a very similar experience. Two of the worst parents in wrestling IMO.

As for St. Louis specifically, constant screaming profanities, shouting at anybody who dared cheer against his kid, peacocking around the entire arena when his kid won, just moderate-extreme douchebaggery all around.

Quick way to put it would be to say that Albert Jr. and Sr. share more than a namesake. They're twins behaviorally. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that any of the Ferrari kid's problems comes straight from how they were raised.

Or if you've ever been near the Amine father you'd have a very similar experience. Two of the worst parents in wrestling IMO.

As for St. Louis specifically, constant screaming profanities, shouting at anybody who dared cheer against his kid, peacocking around the entire arena when his kid won, just moderate-extreme douchebaggery all around.

I don’t know who remembers the show Jersey Shore, but as a lifelong NJ resident, I can tell you that family is exactly what the rest of us imagine when we think “Jersey Shore people”.

he's not a finals threat. he's a fringe aa. he could wrestle o'toole 100 times and he wouldn't win any of them. and o'toole was improved from his freshman year when he was a 157 wrestling up. absoultely should not be considered in that tier until he beats someone better than ethan smith.

Which Amine father? Sammy or Mike? I know both pretty well and I have to say you are about as off base as it gets. Don't mistake passion during competition for lack of proper parenting skills. The Amine kids, other than maybe Malik, are about as gentlemanly as it gets...

I really liked Amine after he beat Max Dean at Big Tens he seemed to be a good dude who knew how to win with class, I’d avoid lumping them in with Ferrari.

speaking of Ferrari I’m willing to bet he and Ferrari Sr. are big fans of Snooki from Jersey Shore.
Snooki Arrested

Reactions: hlstone

Back in the day, I could usually find a seat within four city blocks of the Brothers Steiner mom. The descriptive expression we used at that time was; irrational exuberance.

237580578_10158614717064601_1479872899437194917_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I think there would be tons of posters upset with him coming to Iowa. I’d be among them. He comes across horribly arrogant and immature, and granted he is young, but I just cannot stand his personality. And that’s before all this other stuff has come up. I don’t know how he would fit in from a team chemistry standpoint unless he grew up fast.
You nailed it.

Per comments on the Stillwater PD Facebook page, people Emailed John Smith a while ago about AJ hitting on underage girls.

AJ may have just taken down the goat.
What exactly is John Smith supposed to do if Albert is hitting on underage women? Tie him up? Put him in a cage? He can only do so much. Also, just because someone says that Albert is hitting on young girls, Smith cannot do anything about it, but talk to him. The days of punishing kids before they actually commit a crime are over.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
What exactly is John Smith supposed to do if Albert is hitting on underage women? Tie him up? Put him in a cage? He can only do so much. Also, just because someone says that Albert is hitting on young girls, Smith cannot do anything about it, but talk to him. The days of punishing kids before they actually commit a crime are over.

every single higher education institute has specific guidelines to follow when an administrator is notified of something like this. If coach did what he’s supposed to (forward the complaint to the appropriate party) he’s fine. If he ignored it, OSU gonna force him into retirement.

every single higher education institute has specific guidelines to follow when an administrator is notified of something like this. If coach did what he’s supposed to (forward the complaint to the appropriate party) he’s fine. If he ignored it, OSU gonna force him into retirement.
I was just going to post some thing similar. If JS was truly informed of this, he will be required to report to a title IX officer. If he did not, he could be facing serious penalties.

Hope not. I would miss him at Okie State. The rivalry and antics between JS and Brands' is a great side show to the meet. And he is also a pretty darn good coach and recruiter. We dont need Okie St falling like Cyclones.

What is HROT? Seen it posted a few times but no idea what it is.
Hawkeye report off topic. Basically a sh!tshow of political BS where the left say the right sucks and the right says the left sucks because one cannot agree with stuff from both sides and be an independent thinker who thinks both sides have some crazy ass shit they do not speak up about because it is their party that is crazy.

Which Amine father? Sammy or Mike? I know both pretty well and I have to say you are about as off base as it gets. Don't mistake passion during competition for lack of proper parenting skills. The Amine kids, other than maybe Malik, are about as gentlemanly as it gets...
Myles' dad I believe. Didn't attack his parenting skills, I attacked his behavior during matches. He absolutely hates Iowa and swears profusely during matches. Not under his breath, screaming profanities. Not very pleasant to sit beside at all. I get passion, but he takes it a bit far for a public setting.

Edited to add I reread my original post and realized I should clarify that I wasn't attacking Amine as a parent or family at all. I was simply comparing his behavior in the stands to that of Ferrari's dad, in which they are very similar. A lot less peacocking though, that's for certain.

While he was in high school I already knew I wanted nothing to do with him. Major a-hole, with a major a-hole father. Don't need that kind of crap.

I must agree with this reasoned assessment. He's only been accused. Accusations are not guilt. Let the process play out and then make your judgements. It's awful when guys with enormous talent like Ferrari get in deep trouble, but that's why we have due process.

Hawkeye report off topic. Basically a sh!tshow of political BS where the left say the right sucks and the right says the left sucks because one cannot agree with stuff from both sides and be an independent thinker who thinks both sides have some crazy ass shit they do not speak up about because it is their party that is crazy.
Yeah, this wrestling website is often called "the cesspool," but this place is a Victorian era tea social compared to there.

Jim Jordan got away with worse. Disgrace to the wrestling community. Should be in jail.

In defense of @MitchLL, 23 seems to be full Q and a racist. Q yeah ok whatever you want to believe. But being a racist/bigot makes you SOTE IMO
Did he say anything racist in this thread? If not get the hell outa here with this crap. Good grief some people think everything in their head needs to be shared with everyone. Your opinion is so important that it must be shared everywhere huh?

Based on what Willie reported this AM, he was kicked out of OSU months ago. Sounds like he was dismissed before the spring semester even finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT