ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Ferrari transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any problem in that letter. Looks like sound advice, and he's worried his son will be arrogant to his own destruction.
The mention of “Satan,” in the letter could be problematic, imo. It leaves me worried that the son might see that as an “out,” for their bad behavior.

Reactions: DirkTang1
i think the problem is that it's a hollow message coming from that source. the whole family is the definition of arrogant and the behavior of the two oldest sons (don't know much about the youngest) speaks to that.
My understanding is the youngest son is a good kid, I am sure the colleges are burning up his phone line the past 24 hours now.

Also, my understanding is the middle one has screw loose for sure and tends to shoot first and ask questions later.

Just what I've been told, don't shoot the messenger.

I have 2 children who have totally different personalities. My two brothers have totally different personalities than I do and my wife's sisters have totally different personalities than her. Could it be that the parents just could not control AJ or things they thought were funny when he was younger just got out of control? It is possible that the parents are clueless and thought things would never catch up to him. Either way, I am sure the parents are worried about and afraid for AJ's (or Albert's) future.
I am not saying that he doesn't deserve to be punished and I am not saying that he doesn't need to learn to behave in a more civilized fashion, but for crying out loud - to insinuate that the parents don't care is over the top. My children have done things that I never taught them to do nor would I have ever done, so I am a bit more understanding in these situations.
That being said - he needs to shape up or he will be spending his prime years in prison. No one wants that for their kids. If by some good fortune the family or Albert turns to God as a source of strength and guidance and his behavior changes, then that is a win for everyone.

I have 2 children who have totally different personalities. My two brothers have totally different personalities than I do and my wife's sisters have totally different personalities than her. Could it be that the parents just could not control AJ or things they thought were funny when he was younger just got out of control? It is possible that the parents are clueless and thought things would never catch up to him. Either way, I am sure the parents are worried about and afraid for AJ's (or Albert's) future.
I am not saying that he doesn't deserve to be punished and I am not saying that he doesn't need to learn to behave in a more civilized fashion, but for crying out loud - to insinuate that the parents don't care is over the top. My children have done things that I never taught them to do nor would I have ever done, so I am a bit more understanding in these situations.
That being said - he needs to shape up or he will be spending his prime years in prison. No one wants that for their kids. If by some good fortune the family or Albert turns to God as a source of strength and guidance and his behavior changes, then that is a win for everyone.

Then good on you for being a good parent. AJ's are not. They have enabled his behavior at every turn, with no regard for disciplining him when he was under their roof.

Then good on you for being a good parent. AJ's are not. They have enabled his behavior at every turn, with no regard for disciplining him when he was under their roof.
Thanks for the compliment on my parenting. I made a few mistakes, but feel that I also got a lot of things right.

As for Albert's parents, it sure sounds like they enabled a lot of things or who knows, they may be mentally unstable themselves and can't help themselves. Albert may be mentally unstable. Who knows?

No one knows the battles people are fighting. I am constantly amazed at the number of adults that I find out are on drugs to maintain a healthy mental state and the number of them that should be on meds, but are not.

That being said - I hope he can pull a Marstellar and get his life and act together. I think the parents care but don't have what it takes to keep him from self destructing. Whether he came out of the womb a hell raiser or his parents encouraged or enabled it - I have no idea. Maybe it was a combination of both.

To say he is out of control is an understatement. He has been given gifts that could make his life exceptional and he sure does not seem to appreciate them. Now he is making those around him suffer. ie the person in the car crash, the girl filing charges, and who knows how many fights and incidents he has been in.

It would appear that God has been evoked early and often here. Maybe accepting personal responsibility could be a new avenue to consider.

My understanding is the youngest son is a good kid, I am sure the colleges are burning up his phone line the past 24 hours now.

Also, my understanding is the middle one has screw loose for sure and tends to shoot first and ask questions later.

Just what I've been told, don't shoot the messenger.
i have also heard this.....

Reactions: tigerguy_

care vs enable.

telling your kids to have confidence is one thing. Telling them every minute how great they are and how haters will be looking for their mistakes is unhealthy.

I don’t have kids so I’m armchair QBing the F outta this.

It would appear that God has been evoked early and often here. Maybe accepting personal responsibility could be a new avenue to consider.

He’s a “Christian” (that’s in quotes because he’s a fake one. Not a real one). “Christian” Americanism is solely about being a dick and blaming it on the Bible. The odds someone like him will accept responsibility is zero. It was never ingrained in him.

(real Christians are actually wonderful people. This post specifically calls out the fake ones whose actions aren’t sanctioned by any god/scripture I’ve studied. Please don’t interpret this as bigotry)

I can hear it now, "our culture and guidance are exactly what AJ needs."

Shades of pd3 coming to ia city. I hope we pass.
"Shades of PD3" What shades, where we brought him in under a watchful eye and kept him to a very clear set of guidelines, and once he showed he couldn't follow those guidelines we sent him down the road, even though he would've filled a big hole for us? People act like this is a black eye for us, but Iowa handled it as good as anybody could, IMO. Gave the guy a chance to be a better person and wrestler, he blew it (even though he could've helped us team wise), we sent him packing.

Make no mistake, I don't want Ferrari here, but if Iowa gives him a chance I would rest assured knowing that Iowa was keeping tight reigns on him and wouldn't hesitate to give him the boot the second he didn't follow them.

"The son shall not bear the sins of the father, neither shall the father bear the sins of the son". Ezekiel (20).
Not certain this has useful application for this forum, but...

Went out with a bang.
I see what you did there

robert-de-niro-you.gif

"The son shall not bear the sins of the father, neither shall the father bear the sins of the son". Ezekiel (20).
Not certain this has useful application for this forum, but...

What if a father took some goods used in an incident with the son back to Texas. Who bears those sins?

care vs enable.

telling your kids to have confidence is one thing. Telling them every minute how great they are and how haters will be looking for their mistakes is unhealthy.

I don’t have kids so I’m armchair QBing the F outta this.

He’s a “Christian” (that’s in quotes because he’s a fake one. Not a real one). “Christian” Americanism is solely about being a dick and blaming it on the Bible. The odds someone like him will accept responsibility is zero. It was never ingrained in him.

(real Christians are actually wonderful people. This post specifically calls out the fake ones whose actions aren’t sanctioned by any god/scripture I’ve studied. Please don’t interpret this as bigotry)
You know you're going to regret all this when he arrives at Rutgers right? 🙂 (as he acknowledges potential conflict if he's looking at Iowa......) 😏

You know you're going to regret all this when he arrives at Rutgers right? 🙂 (as he acknowledges potential conflict if he's looking at Iowa......) 😏

How is RU not tired of former Bergen Catholic wrestlers with big ego’s and overbearing fathers and a me first attitude yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: vhsalum
Just to clarify something- is rape and sexual assault the same thing or is one worse than the other. Also, has anyone heard how the girl who filed the charges is doing?

Yeah... "worried" is the wrong word here.
I know zero about the family or their history. The letter looks to be three years old. I'm only speaking to the actual content of this specific letter.

I'm having trouble understanding why it is sarcastically called a "gem." Perhaps it is because of it combined with the actual negative perceived nature or hypocrisy of the family.

Thx. So I take it to mean that anything from grabbing a girl's butt to attempting to have non consensual sex is sexual assault and if the sex actually happens, then it is rape. From the charge, it would appear that no actual sex was involved. Hopefully, he had that much decency or common sense.

Reactions: Bullethawk31
I know zero about the family or their history. The letter looks to be three years old. I'm only speaking to the actual content of this specific letter.

I'm having trouble understanding why it is sarcastically called a "gem." Perhaps it is because of it combined with the actual negative nature hypocrisy of the family.

FIFY

I'm with you in that I too doubt PSU goes after this guy. Yes, they, like us, will try to find talent on other teams, but I can't think of any of their past hammers who had crap like this in their past. I'm not as in tune as some of you other guys, but it seems like Cael's guys are mostly pretty classy. I've despise some of them and I think a few have been cocky arrogant dicks, but I can't think of any that came with this kind of baggage.
How about Andrew Young and Gavin Teasdale? Cael will take anyone if that one helps his team.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT