ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama becomes first state to make gender-affirming care for minors a felony

The left served this one up on a platter. It's as if Dem strategists have no foresight and can't read the room.

It started when 95% of the country said wtf during the bathroom debate and the left kept pushing it for some reason
Right. It's the left's fault that these states are passing these medieval laws. Just like it's their wives faults for causing their fists to smash into their face. Or it's the woman's fault for getting raped because she wore a skirt.

GFY with that BS.

Lol. Y’all are addicted to algorithms. JFC. I actually have a few trans friends and I promise you this perception you have is wild. “The left” just wants people to be treated with some dignity, you know, some “don’t tread on me” type shit.

But you think “the left” is trying to turn kids into some type of anti-hetero mob.

Insane. Turn off the alerts and the tv. Go talk to an actual lefty. Attend some LGBTQ organization’s event and talk to some people.

Fuçk, America, grow the hell up. Quit succumbing to all these fear-based clickbait appeals. The left isn’t coming for your guns or your silly sense of appropriate norms.
To me it's a very confusing issue.

I really like this post though.

The left served this one up on a platter. It's as if Dem strategists have no foresight and can't read the room.

It started when 95% of the country said wtf during the bathroom debate and the left kept pushing it for some reason
This too is bullshit. I don’t care what the left offered up. It doesn’t give Republicans the right to blow up freedoms, of Americans they don’t like, to live in the manner they choose.

Obviously. Read what the law does and does not do.
It requires outing of children.

No nurse, counselor, teacher, principal, or other administrative official at a public or private school 3 attended by a minor shall do either of the following:
Withhold from a minor's parent or legal guardian information related to a minor's perception that his or her gender or sex is inconsistent with his or her sex.

How does the government of Alabama know what's best for a child like @Gimmered 's? Why are parent's rights not important if the parent has a transgender or non binary child?

It requires outing of children.

No nurse, counselor, teacher, principal, or other administrative official at a public or private school 3 attended by a minor shall do either of the following:
Withhold from a minor's parent or legal guardian information related to a minor's perception that his or her gender or sex is inconsistent with his or her sex.

How does the government of Alabama know what's best for a child like @Gimmered 's? Why are parent's rights not important if the parent has a transgender or non binary child?
Probably best to let parents of a child with a serious mental issue to know what’s going on.

This too is bullshit. I don’t care what the left offered up. It doesn’t give Republicans the right to blow up freedoms, of Americans they don’t like, to live in the manner they choose.

There's a distinction, those in question aren't adults. We apply different standards to whether children have the capacity to make decisions or understand the consequences of those decisions.

Regardless, a point that is lost on the fringe of which you must subscribe to, is that this political topic (that's what this is, political) is a loser with both sides of the aisle and across all age groups (this is not an exaggeration, I just looked up PBS' polling numbers from a couple months ago).

There's a distinction, those in question aren't adults. We apply different standards to whether children have the capacity to make decisions or understand the consequences of those decisions.

Regardless, a point that is lost on the fringe of which you must subscribe to, is that this political topic (that's what this is, political) is a loser with both sides of the aisle and across all age groups (this is not an exaggeration, I just looked up PBS' polling numbers from a couple months ago).
Only the Republicans are passing laws criminalizing trans people. Lets be clear. Only the Rs are making this political. Everybody else just wants to be left alone.

The backlash against the left is happening. This is the outcome of the left pushing bs on the American public and thinking their reality was the only one that matters.

While I feel for the small fraction of people with gender dysphoria you ****ed with people's kids and are finding out what happens
The natural political cycle, and a twit who doesn't even know the difference.

Probably best to let parents of a child with a serious mental issue to know what’s going on.
As a parent of a gender nonconforming child, I could almost agree with you here. The problem with this is all the misinformed and irrational parents out there that would feel the need to fix their child rather than the need to support them.

I have no idea what the real percentage would be for parents who would become educated and help their child as opposed of hurting them. I do know that every Doctor and Counselor that my child has delt with have mentioned to them how lucky they are to have our support.

I suspect many kids would be surprised to learn that their parent's only concern is for their health and wellbeing.

As a parent of a gender nonconforming child, I could almost agree with you here. The problem with this is all the misinformed and irrational parents out there that would feel the need to fix their child rather than the need to support them.

I have no idea what the real percentage would be for parents who would become educated and help their child as opposed of hurting them. I do know that every Doctor and Counselor that my child has delt with have mentioned to them how lucky they are to have our support.

I suspect many kids would be surprised to learn that their parent's only concern is for their health and wellbeing.
I don’t have a gender non conforming child but I do have a child who struggled mightily with anxiety and depression. As we were going through it my only concern was his safety. That he do nothing rash while in that space. So I wonder your thoughts on the child being able or not being able to keep it from their parents. Ideally the parents would be loving and supportive and the child comfortable including them. But I know that not every parent is loving, supportive, or safe. If you found out that your child was confiding in another adult and waited to include you, how would you feel?

I don’t have a gender non conforming child but I do have a child who struggled mightily with anxiety and depression. As we were going through it my only concern was his safety. That he do nothing rash while in that space. So I wonder your thoughts on the child being able or not being able to keep it from their parents. Ideally the parents would be loving and supportive and the child comfortable including them. But I know that not every parent is loving, supportive, or safe. If you found out that your child was confiding in another adult and waited to include you, how would you feel?
I have delt with two of my kids that have struggled with depression. One who also struggles with high anxiety and happens to be gender nonconforming. Our main concern has always been with the depression and anxiety. Even when working with physiologist, that has been the first concern, with a reminder that once they have a handle on that we still need to deal with the gender dysphoria.

I was actually the one who connected the dots between their cycle and major mood swings. Now as a guy who understands the PMS does actually mean Punish My Spouse, I'm not a stranger to mood swings, but this went way beyond what would be expected. The first thing I asked for was actually the last thing they tried, birth control was my friend.

As far as them reaching out to another adult, I'm an it takes a village guy. The problem would come in, when people try to help out beyond their skillset. I would never counsel another person as their only resource. I would direct someone to where they could get the information they need. I could see some wanting to be hero's though.

My son was drunk for 9 years, it wasn't us that got him turned around, it was a boss that took him to the hospital and got him detoxed that saved his life. He is totally sober now and running his own company in Omaha now. Much of his self destructive behavior came from his depression. Sometimes we just need to look out for each other. These laws based on hate and ignorance are not going to help the situation.

Surprise, surprise the extreme leftists on this board think it’s ok for schools to withhold life altering information about a student from the parents of that student.

The poutrage in this thread is shocking!

Wait…I’m fringe because I’m against the government taking away women’s rights? Gay rights? Rights to live freely? That’s fringe? Jesus.

I can’t keep this all straight. Sometimes the parents know what’s best for their children and sometimes not? Who decides?
They only want parent choice when it’s approved by them and the cult.
The backlash against the left is happening. This is the outcome of the left pushing bs on the American public and thinking their reality was the only one that matters.

While I feel for the small fraction of people with gender dysphoria you ****ed with people's kids and are finding out what happens
When did you first learn you were retarded? And was your condition acquired, like eating lead paint when you were a kid, or were you born this way due to a drug using mother or something? Gender dysphoria has nothing to do with transgenderism.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Yep. That would be what you take from this. Simpleton.

It’s what’s going on simpleton. You don’t get to decide what’s best for children in these cases. Teachers like yourself aren’t qualified to do so.

Carry on with your poutrage.

Surprise, surprise the extreme leftists on this board think it’s ok for schools to withhold life altering information about a student from the parents of that student.

The poutrage in this thread is shocking!
I get it, it's a tough situation to leave the parents out of the conversation. But, what if the child doesn't feel safe to talk to their parents. Who should they go to? Another whataboutism, apologies, but why isn't Alabama against Conversion Therapy?

I get it, it's a tough situation to leave the parents out of the conversation. But, what if the child doesn't feel safe to talk to their parents. Who should they go to? Another whataboutism, apologies, but why isn't Alabama against Conversion Therapy?

The parents need to know so that they can help the child. The child doesn’t need to have that conversation the parents. But that conversation needs to be had and not information withheld.

Teachers are not qualified to decide what’s best for trans children.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I'm not sure how anybody could support this horrible law? It is big government criminalizing people trying to exist.
Why do we want minors getting sex changes before even hitting puberty? Minors can’t get breast implants right now unless there are certain circumstances and I don’t see people going batshit crazy over that. Why does common sense seem to elude people? You want to complain that a person has to wait until they are 18? That is what you are so riled up about? Oh the humanity! What a cruel world. 🙄

Wait…I’m fringe because I’m against the government taking away women’s rights? Gay rights? Rights to live freely? That’s fringe? Jesus.

You can twist and contort however you want, maybe reading comprehension is tough. You're fringe because this is a political loser on both sides of the aisle and across every age group. It's not a womens' rights or gay rights issue fwiw. This will cost Dems seats.....on a culture issue that only a minority of Dems support.

You can twist and contort however you want, maybe reading comprehension is tough. You're fringe because this is a political loser on both sides of the aisle and across every age group. It's not a womens' rights or gay rights issue fwiw. This will cost Dems seats.....on a culture issue that only a minority of Dems support.
Once again, it's not the Dems rushing to pass a bunch of laws over this.

Reactions: nelly02
It’s what’s going on simpleton. You don’t get to decide what’s best for children in these cases. Teachers like yourself aren’t qualified to do so.

Carry on with your poutrage.
I certainly wasn't qualified to handle it. Most of my child's teachers weren't either. They have encountered some that were resistant. The school districts requirements of the teachers have been very supportive of them. Once in a while they still announce them by their legal name. They will be changing their name legally, as soon as the figure out a middle name. Mom insists they have one.

Some of their teachers have asked them to be open and help other students to understand. There has been very very little issues with the students though. They are fairly popular. More nerdy than some, and extremely talented artist. They have been a flag bearer for the LBGTQ community.

When they were 15 or so, it was our conversation about binding and top surgery that made it all real to me. Was binding causing health concerns? This was when I realized that education was essential.

Before this all hit home to me, the only real contact I had with a trans was with a Surgeon that had performed life saving surgery on my mom as well as myself. Countless people in our community have been saved by this man. He nearly lost his life undergoing gender reassignment surgy in Mexico, before it was widely available in the US. I walked out on my Mom, and drew the line, when she referred to him as Dr it. That was the last time she disrespected him.

People will hate what they don't understand. I can't change that. I can only hope, as time goes on we will have a better understanding, and less hate. My child is a wonderful person. You would really enjoy meeting them.

16 year olds are old enough to consent to sex and get pregnant, but if they’re questioning their gender they must be outed?
They sure as hell don't need a teacher making that decision for them and then reinforcing it all the while delivering the message that parents are a problem. Brainwashing teenagers is what you are defending

Once again, it's not the Dems rushing to pass a bunch of laws over this.
Just the Linn Mar school board passing resolutions though on what to keep secret from parents. Gaslighting is over from all of you and parents are done with it

I certainly wasn't qualified to handle it. Most of my child's teachers weren't either. They have encountered some that were resistant. The school districts requirements of the teachers have been very supportive of them. Once in a while they still announce them by their legal name. They will be changing their name legally, as soon as the figure out a middle name. Mom insists they have one.

Some of their teachers have asked them to be open and help other students to understand. There has been very very little issues with the students though. They are fairly popular. More nerdy than some, and extremely talented artist. They have been a flag bearer for the LBGTQ community.

When they were 15 or so, it was our conversation about binding and top surgery that made it all real to me. Was binding causing health concerns? This was when I realized that education was essential.

Before this all hit home to me, the only real contact I had with a trans was with a Surgeon that had performed life saving surgery on my mom as well as myself. Countless people in our community have been saved by this man. He nearly lost his life undergoing gender reassignment surgy in Mexico, before it was widely available in the US. I walked out on my Mom, and drew the line, when she referred to him as Dr it. That was the last time she disrespected him.

People will hate what they don't understand. I can't change that. I can only hope, as time goes on we will have a better understanding, and less hate. My child is a wonderful person. You would really enjoy meeting them.
I'm glad things have worked well for your child and that they are being accepted for who they are. Classifying resistance to this movement isnt the hate you are classifying it as though. Quite the opposite. Organizations such as schools have zero business affirming anything health related and not including parents. The absolute arrogance and smug contempt displayed for parents and their children is disgusting.

Well this group of 67,000 pediatricians don't know what their talking about I'm sure. Let's leave it up to schools and their administrations to decide and keep the parents out of the loop. https://acpeds.org/assets/imported/9.14.17-Gender-Ideology-Harms-Children_updated-MC.pdf
The American College of Pediatrics is a fake front group of approximately 500 members. They are religious ideologues who push anti-abortion measures, conversion therapy for gays, block adoption by gays/lesbians, and are against trans care.

The American Academy of Pediatrics is 67,000 members. They advocate for trans care by medical professionals.

you-need-to-get-your-facts-straight-first-then-you-can-distort-them-as-you-please-pknsmot-c0d03.png

Hey chaps, hope you enjoyed your weekend. I did read something online this weekend that made me stop and think. Can you name a diagnosable disorder, other than gender dysmorphia,where we not only accept the disorder but actually shame people for wanting to correct it? The example given was schizophrenia. Nobody is supporting a schizophrenic's beliefs that the voices are real and we certainly wouldn't shame a third party for counseling them to recognize the inaccuracies.

Food for thought.

Reactions: NCHawk5
They sure as hell don't need a teacher making that decision for them and then reinforcing it all the while delivering the message that parents are a problem. Brainwashing teenagers is what you are defending
If you really believe that Teachers are trying to convince kids that they are Trans, I feel bad for you. Some of the younger teachers seem to be better prepared to deal with it. The older teachers are more confused by it, much like you are.

You seem to be the type that would automatically hate my child for the way you see them, not for who they are. They are an awesome kid, very educated in gender dysphoria and extremely articulate. They would absolutely destroy you in a debate. It would be fun to watch.

Jfc. Schools aren’t making the decision to exclude parents. Their children are. The children are saying my parents aren’t safe. I cannot trust them with this important information. So now, instead of confiding in their teachers or a counselor they will just hold it in. Or maybe go online and find someone actually dangerous to confide in. Instead of assisting the child in coming out to their parents they will force school personnel to do it before they’re ready. There will absolutely be children who take their own lives because of this. But it’s just a dead trans kid so these pro life conservatives don’t care.

Hey chaps, hope you enjoyed your weekend. I did read something online this weekend that made me stop and think. Can you name a diagnosable disorder, other than gender dysmorphia,where we not only accept the disorder but actually shame people for wanting to correct it? The example given was schizophrenia. Nobody is supporting a schizophrenic's beliefs that the voices are real and we certainly wouldn't shame a third party for counseling them to recognize the inaccuracies.

Food for thought.
Some would say that gender affirming care is correcting it.

Why do we want minors getting sex changes before even hitting puberty? Minors can’t get breast implants right now unless there are certain circumstances and I don’t see people going batshit crazy over that. Why does common sense seem to elude people? You want to complain that a person has to wait until they are 18? That is what you are so riled up about? Oh the humanity! What a cruel world. 🙄
They're not getting sex changes before puberty. Trust me on that. Minors can get breast implants, you just have to find someone willing to do it. Because if you make Saul go through puberty when she feels as though she's a woman named Sally, then she's going to be 6 foot tall, have broad shoulders, a deep voice, grow a beard, and have giant hands. That person is going to have a very difficult time transitioning to a woman after 18.

Last edited:

Food for thought.
The DSM V does not define gender dysphoria as a mental illness. It's the manual written by psychiatrists to diagnose mental illness.

Food for thought.

Food for thought.
Can you point out an example of a successful treatment for gender dysphoria? I'd love to cure my child.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT