ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama's Elite OL Recruiting Will Bury Proctor

IowasLaw

HR All-State
Nov 19, 2019
It's a bitter sweet pill to swallow watching the highest rated recruit in Hawkeye history decommit at the last second. Proctor's parting words, that he was "settling on Iowa and ashamed to be the only elite recruit in his class" tells us everything we need to know about how the kid thinks of himself.

However, it brings me solace to look at the crop of OL recruits Proctor will now have to compete with just to see the field. He's in for a rude awakening.

Rather than being "the man," Proctor will quickly become lost in the shuffle. He's no bigger, stronger, or more athletic than 4 other OL recruits in his own Alabama recruiting class. In Proctor's class, Bama has already reeled in:

Alinen: 6'7, 310, 4 star
Proctor: 6'8, 335, 5 star
McVay: 6'7, 336, 4 star
McElderry: 6'4, 325, 4 star
Formby: 6'8, 306, 4 star

Then there are the guys ahead of them. In 2021 and 2022, Alabama signed:

Pritchett: 6'7, 290, 5 star
Brockermeyer: 6'6, 288, 5 star
Latham: 6'6, 310, 5 star
Ferguson: 6'4, 310, 4 star
Booker: 6'5, 335, 4 star
Shor: 6'5, 325, 4 star
Roberts: 6'5, 330, 3 star

Good luck, buddy. You're going to need it. You're not going to be blocking 6'1, 230 lb boys from Fort Dodge anymore.

Last edited:
It's a bitter sweet pill to swallow watching the highest rated recruit in Hawkeye history decommit at the last second. Proctor's parting words, that he was "settling on Iowa and ashamed to be the only elite recruit in his class" tells us everything we need to know about how the kid thinks of himself.

However, it brings me solace to look at the crop of OL recruits Proctor will now have to compete with just to see the field. He's in for a rude awakening.

Rather than being "the man," Proctor will quickly become lost in the shuffle. He's no bigger, stronger, or more athletic than 4 other OL recruits in his own Alabama recruiting class. So far, in the class of 2023 alone, Bama has already reeled in:

Then you have to look at the 2022 and 2021 OL recruiting classes at Alabama, where they landed:

Good luck, buddy. You're going to need it. You're not going to be blocking 6'1, 230 lb boys from Fort Dodge anymore.
Jeez. Talk about bitter sweet.

I'm sure he will hold his own.

One thing I have heard about Proctor is he doesn't have a nasty streak and he isn't the athlete that Wirfs was. Gets beat by guys with speed. He is supposed to have great feat for his size though. Maybe he does well there maybe he doesn't. With a team full of 4 and 5 stars, not all of them work out and then they just bring in more.

Rather than being "the man," Proctor will quickly become lost in the shuffle. He's no bigger, stronger, or more athletic than 4 other OL recruits in his own Alabama recruiting class. In Proctor's class, Bama has already reeled in:

Bama is losing 5 linemen to the portal, including 1 guy who started 25 games the past 2 years. Brockermeyer who you listed is also transferring. And I believe most of their starting linemen this year are graduating. You certainly could be right. Bama is a totally different animal. No spot at Bama at any position is guaranteed. NIce luxury to have. I also don't blame a kid for betting on himself. No guarantee of success. It will all play out and at this point I don't really care one way or another. It's a tough loss for the Hawks and I certainly believe our play on the field this year helped in making this decision.

Reactions: RomanHawk

He still getting $2 million. Bury me for that money. Then I will portal out later on.

Said he wanted to play for a prestigious football program. I guess a big ten west trophy once every 6 years or so wasn't enticing enough. Weird

Ohhh..that's what he said. I'm shocked he didn't come out and say it was all about the money. 🙄

One thing I have heard about Proctor is he doesn't have a nasty streak and he isn't the athlete that Wirfs was. Gets beat by guys with speed. He is supposed to have great feat for his size though. Maybe he does well there maybe he doesn't. With a team full of 4 and 5 stars, not all of them work out and then they just bring in more.
Is Proctor a wrestler and if so how has he done there?

Proctor talks out of both sides of his mouth. One minute you hear that Iowa’s full of bums that can’t compete with him to make him better. The next minute he’s talking about the opportunity to start right away because Alabama’s OL got Creaned out because they sucked. We all know its the dollars that spoke

Proctor talks out of both sides of his mouth. One minute you hear that Iowa’s full of bums that can’t compete with him to make him better. The next minute he’s talking about the opportunity to start right away because Alabama’s OL got Creaned out because they sucked. We all know its the dollars that spoke
Haha, lets see him go against Van Ness RFN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Said he wanted to play for a prestigious football program. I guess a big ten west trophy once every 6 years or so wasn't enticing enough. Weird

That's all BS..none of that wasn't known when he COMMITTED....the only thing that changed was the amount of $$...but you go ahead and bite on the political explanation.

Reactions: Hammer93
How proctor handled his recruitment shows he is void of character and commitment. All he had to do was simply renege on his verbal commitment and reopen his recruitment. But no, what he did was string the Iowa coaches on and hold a scholarship hostage. I'm moving on and don't care what he does any longer.

He held on to that Iowa verbal to help negotiate with Oregon which he then used to up the ante from Bama.

Sounds like he doubled that $1 million offer he mentioned in June.

OP - retitle this thread to:

"KP is a jerkwad so let's pile on and let him know what we really think of him"

I’ll agree he didn’t appear to have a nasty streak but part of that i thought was the competition in Iowa high school.

Now Aaron Graves is a kid with a nasty streak we are going to find out about Graves being a first or second round draft pick within the next few years. Kid has it. Kid is Iowa through and through.

I’d say the same about X but we already kind of know he’s headed for stardom.. same with Cooper.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
How proctor handled his recruitment shows he is void of character and commitment. All he had to do was simply renege on his verbal commitment and reopen his recruitment. But no, what he did was string the Iowa coaches on and hold a scholarship hostage. I'm moving on and don't care what he does any longer.
The way it was handled I really doubt if things do not work out in Bama that Proctor would seek Iowa as a landing spot nor do I think the Coaches would welcome Him back.

Anyone who has had a kid who goes and plays college sports will tell you that it's really hard.... especially mentally. Being closer to home where he can see his support system is important. I think the $$$$ will make it easier, but he's a long way from mom/HS coaches and others giving him encouragement when things get tough. Alabama is not going to baby him if things get tough for him.

Anyone who has had a kid who goes and plays college sports will tell you that it's really hard.... especially mentally. Being closer to home where he can see his support system is important. I think the $$$$ will make it easier, but he's a long way from mom/HS coaches and others giving him encouragement when things get tough. Alabama is not going to baby him if things get tough for him.
Rocco the Alabama donor may be a bit tougher on kids than an Iowa nice donor if not "earning" their pay.

He still getting $2 million. Bury me for that money. Then I will portal out later on.

He isn't getting $2 million and entering the portal is my bet.

Unless the folks who are writing the MIL contract are complete morons; he will receive it over his 4 years. In addition, paying it all up front could lead to severe apathy for years 2, 3, and 4 so highly doubtful it is all upfront and then he can jump to the portal.

Reactions: intrepodor

Unless the folks who are writing the MIL contract are complete morons; he will receive it over his 4 years. In addition, paying it all up front could lead to severe apathy for years 2, 3, and 4 so highly doubtful it is all upfront and then he can jump to the portal.
He won't play four years...

1. If he exceeds expectations he's gone in 2.
2. If he meets expectations he's gone in 3.
3. If he's average he'll be shown the door.
4. If he's below average, see above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whinny and amahawk

Well, I heard he was guaranteed 5 Million for 3 years at least. That's alot.

With the money he should be able to move mom down.

Reactions: Hammer93
Before you get to mad at the world, realize the people on that show Alaskan Bush People have made more money from that stupid f-ing show than we will make in our lifetimes!

A condo or home in Tuscaloosa and a Wheels Up or Netjets membership will solve that issue.

363699_amendedverstionncaaf-031.png

Also woulda been nice in hindsight if Bama woulda made it to the cfp it’s possible they wouldn’t have made such a strong push if they were tied up with playoff prep. But then proctor woulda probably went to Oregon

Weird that an ISU troll would be concerned about Proctor. ISWHO was never in play for him with or without NIL dollars.

Reactions: shudaddy

You don’t get power rated as the #1 OT recruit in the country by chance. But I will throw a bone that the HS competition in Iowa is on the lower end when discussing competitive football at the HS level so there is a decent chance that he won’t be as prepared as others in his class.

Reactions: sabula
He won't play four years...

1. If he exceeds expectations he's gone in 2.
2. If he meets expectations he's gone in 3.
3. If he's average he'll be shown the door.
4. If he's below average, see above.

Agreed.

He isn't getting the full $$$ amount quoted in his NIL deal is my prediction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT