ADVERTISEMENT

Alanis at the fair

Pretty decent way to spend a Monday night.
I was there doing security. I like Alanis, but man all of her songs sounded alike. I thought it got a little old after a while, but man it was a full house in the rain. I have to give her credit, she slipped on the wet stage during the second song and continued on with the whole concert. I thought she was going to call it quits after that.

I was there doing security. I like Alanis, but man all of her songs sounded alike. I thought it got a little old after a while, but man it was a full house in the rain. I have to give her credit, she slipped on the wet stage during the second song and continued on with the whole concert. I thought she was going to call it quits after that.

All she needed was a roof. Isn't it ironic?

Jagged Little Pill helped get me through a Med cruise so Im not gonna hate on that album. rest of her stuff, meh.

Out of pure curiosity, what does a security gig like that pay? If you’d rather not give a number; does pay better than, say, refereeing a high level high school football game.

The HBO Documentary Jagged. About the first album and take off from it is really good. She had alot to say thanks to creeps in the music industry. That enjoyed sexual favors from minors.

There's nothing like rain on a concert day — especially when that concert stars 1990s alt-rock icon Alanis Morissette.

Showers over Des Moines didn't dampen the enthusiasm for the 48-year-old Canadian singer and seven-time Grammy winner, who took the State Fair Grandstand Monday night. More than 12,000 fans swamped the amphitheater sporting a rainbow of rain ponchos.

Many Twitter users also found it ironic that the weather seemed to fit the occasion— enough to fill the timeline with similar jokes and puns playing off lyrics from "Ironic," Morissette's 1996 hit song.

103076c3-22f4-4e00-b613-4b8b3f3d48c3-_56A0923.JPG

Out of pure curiosity, what does a security gig like that pay? If you’d rather not give a number; does pay better than, say, refereeing a high level high school football game.
Actually, I'm getting paid my regular wage. We sign up to help work the Iowa Sheriff and Deputies booth then go to the concert and help out while we stand there.

Actually, I'm getting paid my regular wage. We sign up to help work the Iowa Sheriff and Deputies booth then go to the concert and help out while we stand there.
Sounds like you are fortunate you did not work Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT