ADVERTISEMENT

Amanda Gorman racially profiled

You conveniently omitted electing David Duke's ideal candidate in between and terrorists with confederate flags storming the capitol 2 months ago. Wake the **** up, cyhawk. The entire country may not be racist and bigoted, it's mainly the red areas where most of the MAGAts live, especially down south.... although it exists everywhere.
Agree racism exists.

Disagree with OP that the country is “racist and bigoted”.

The neighbor in the tweet says the area is, “very, very, diverse” with Asians, African Americans, Latino, Jews.

So unless the security guard was working his first day, wouldn’t he know there were a multitude of minorities living there? Maybe he stopped her because he didn’t recognize her, you know doing the job I’m guessing he was hired to do.

Imo, if you haven't been hassled unnecessarily by a security guard or even a police officer ... you're doing it wrong.

Or maybe you aren't doing anything ...

does going into a Von Maur store dressed in sweats and a tee and getting harrassed and watched by store employees because you are just browsing their selection looking like a poor count?

Last edited:
does going into a Von Maur store dressed in sweats and a tee and getting harrassed and watched by store employees because when you are just browsing their selection because you look like a poor count?
Count for what?

My point simply is that if you are a normally active person you've probably had a few unpleasant encounters with security or a LEO.

Regardless of your situation in life, it seems unfair. Not saying you have to like it or accept it as is, just that's the way it's been for a long time.

matching the description of the suspect isn't profiling. And you were in fact headed right where they suspected you were.

sorry on your house party. I read it like you were there while your grandparents were gone. I missed that you lived there.
Aren’t there constant stories of black people being harassed because they match a description? Those get labeled as profiling by cops or walking while black.

Cops shouldnt be pulling people over for no reason like that. Just because I was a high schooler doesnt give them the right to pull random people over for question. Black or white.

I was talking to a guy at work last night. He and two other railroaders were driving a company vehicle and got stopped and questioned as to why they were driving around a rail yard. He didn’t have ID on him and was in the back seat. Long hair and tattoos. The cop handcuffed him and put him in the back of the squad car until his identity couldn’t be verified, which was completely unnecessary. Plenty of stories like that against white people so I don’t understand the thought that it only happens to black people.

Reactions: hawkedoff
Count for what?

My point simply is that if you are a normally active person you've probably had a few unpleasant encounters with security or a LEO.

Regardless of your situation in life, it seems unfair. Not saying you have to like it or accept it as is, just that's the way it's been for a long time.

theres a way to handle things.
Just going by the original tweet, saying “you look suspicious” is not an appropriate way to handle things.

you can keep an eye out and do your job without acting like a doosh, whether that be a security gaurd or employees at a store hounding someone because you think they dont look like they have money (and from my experience when i was a cashier,the people who looked like they didnt have a pot to piss in usually pulled out the biggest rolls of cash)

theres a way to handle things.
Just going by the original tweet, saying “you look suspicious” is not an appropriate way to handle things.

you can keep an eye out and do your job without acting like a doosh, whether that be a security gaurd or employees at a store hounding someone because you think they dont look like they have money (and from my experience when i was a cashier,the people who looked like they didnt have a pot to piss in usually pulled out the biggest rolls of cash)
Maybe he was a douche.

But right now all we have is her word vs ... oh wait, we don't even have his word.

My point has been and continues to be the fact that if someone has been hassled by a guard it doesn't automatically mean he/she was racially profiled as alleged by the OP. Maybe? But again, we know virtually nothing at this point.

This is "I have a black friend so I'm not racist" but on a national level.
Seems relevant in this case as the Commander in Chief is the most powerful position in the country. Have a hard time believing a “racist and bigoted” country would have racial minorities in such high positions of power.

Racial profiling and harassment isn't "being a douche".

It's not like she was sitting with a loud boombox jamming rap music in the park. And, HOA parks are still public access parks.
Are you saying the above behavior is suspicious of something else?

To me playing loud music is suspicious of ... playing loud music, which may or may not be disturbing others.

But again, here with the racial profiling assumption. What other facts or testimony corroborates this?

Are you saying the above behavior is suspicious of something else?
I'm saying, that if someone is playing loud music, in a public area that is annoying to others and to those who actually live in the HOA and fund/support the park, that is absolutely "cause" to ask them if they are an owner in the area, or ask them to leave.

Sitting and reading poems isn't remotely the same thing.

Seems relevant in this case as the Commander in Chief is the most powerful position in the country. Have a hard time believing a “racist and bigoted” country would have racial minorities in such high positions of power.

The racists and bigots are doing everything in their power to suppress the vote of the minorities.

Just because "the minorities" have "pulled one or two victories out", doesn't alter the equation here.

Aren’t there constant stories of black people being harassed because they match a description? Those get labeled as profiling by cops or walking while black.

Cops shouldnt be pulling people over for no reason like that. Just because I was a high schooler doesnt give them the right to pull random people over for question. Black or white.

I was talking to a guy at work last night. He and two other railroaders were driving a company vehicle and got stopped and questioned as to why they were driving around a rail yard. He didn’t have ID on him and was in the back seat. Long hair and tattoos. The cop handcuffed him and put him in the back of the squad car until his identity couldn’t be verified, which was completely unnecessary. Plenty of stories like that against white people so I don’t understand the thought that it only happens to black people.

I don't think it's profiling to pull over a high school kid headed in the direction of a suspected party in order to ask if that student is headed to a party. It's also not profiling to stop four black males in hoodies in order to investigate car break ins committed by four black males in hoodies.

I don't think it's profiling to pull over a high school kid headed in the direction of a suspected party in order to ask if that student is headed to a party. It's also not profiling to stop four black males in hoodies in order to investigate car break ins committed by four black males in hoodies.

....YeaBut..............them "minority Poet Laureates" can be dangerous people, Birch.....

Very very bad people.....Some of them are okay.....

Reactions: hawkbirch
....YeaBut..............them "minority Poet Laureates" can be dangerous people, Birch.....

Very very bad people.....Some of them are okay.....

Oh yes, I can see how a young lady walking in a diverse residential neighborhood would raise an eyebrow.

Maybe he was a douche.

But right now all we have is her word vs ... oh wait, we don't even have his word.

My point has been and continues to be the fact that if someone has been hassled by a guard it doesn't automatically mean he/she was racially profiled as alleged by the OP. Maybe? But again, we know virtually nothing at this point.

You seem to be coming from a position that security gaurds gonna security gaurd and because of that will act in dooshy behavior so they shouldnt be called out because many people have been hassled by security gaurds previously.

If thats the position you want to take, you do you

I see we are at the point where any inconvenience can now be labeled profiling or racist.

Personal experience has taught me that wearing a suit in big city usually means I get treated better than if I am wearing jeans. It is amazing what happens in buildings with security when you look like a professional vs looking like you are there for a delivery.

No idea if this young woman was racially profiled but that type of statement sure is convenient. I expect more from a person that obviously understands the power of words. By the way since when is being a poet make you above reproach?

I'm saying, that if someone is playing loud music, in a public area that is annoying to others and to those who actually live in the HOA and fund/support the park, that is absolutely "cause" to ask them if they are an owner in the area, or ask them to leave.

Sitting and reading poems isn't remotely the same thing.
Okay, you have extrapolated more from the OP than I have.

Guess it depends on what she meant by "there," the grounds or the building. She does say she showed her keys and buzzed herself into the building as though the confrontation happened at the building.

I see we are at the point where any inconvenience can now be labeled profiling or racist.

Personal experience has taught me that wearing a suit in big city usually means I get treated better than if I am wearing jeans. It is amazing what happens in buildings with security when you look like a professional vs looking like you are there for a delivery.

No idea if this young woman was racially profiled but that type of statement sure is convenient. I expect more from a person that obviously understands the power of words. By the way since when is being a poet make you above reproach?
Are you white?

Reactions: Chishawk1425
You seem to be coming from a position that security gaurds gonna security gaurd and because of that will act in dooshy behavior so they shouldnt be called out because many people have been hassled by security gaurds previously.

If thats the position you want to take, you do you
Nope.

In post 63 I said "I'm not saying you have to like it or accept it ... ".

Call 'em out. Fix it, I've had my frustrations too. But maybe be just a little judicious with the sweeping accusations bereft of fact.

Agree racism exists.

Disagree with OP that the country is “racist and bigoted”.
Racism exists? Racism was part of our foundation. Are we getting better? Yes. But we are nowhere near where we need to be and this thread is absolute proof of that. White men getting triggered. There are MILLIONS of racist people in this country. Just read about the abuse Asian-AMERICANS have had to deal with in the last year because of ignorant assed racist whites...who all seem to forget that their ancestors STOLE this country from Native Americans.

And why would your question matter exactly? Are you a racist? You sound like a racist.
A simple question. YOU can read what you want in to it. If you refuse to answer than we are done here and you may continue on with your deflection with someone else. If you decide to answer my question I will return to try and have a civil discussion with you.

Racism exists? Racism was part of our foundation. Are we getting better? Yes. But we are nowhere near where we need to be and this thread is absolute proof of that. White men getting triggered. There are MILLIONS of racist people in this country. Just read about the abuse Asian-AMERICANS have had to deal with in the last year because of ignorant assed racist whites...who all seem to forget that their ancestors STOLE this country from Native Americans.

We didn't steal anything. We beat their ass in warfare just like the tribes here prior to whitey best each others asses

Racial profiling and harassment isn't "being a douche".

It's not like she was sitting with a loud boombox jamming rap music in the park. And, HOA parks are still public access parks.
Wtf kind of racist shit is this! Lol

A simple question. YOU can read what you want in to it. If you refuse to answer than we are done here and you may continue on with your deflection with someone else. If you decide to answer my question I will return to try and have a civil discussion with you.

Your question nos anything but civil. It is racist and you are a racist. So **** off

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT