ADVERTISEMENT

Amanda Gorman racially profiled

Racism exists? Racism was part of our foundation. Are we getting better? Yes. But we are nowhere near where we need to be and this thread is absolute proof of that. White men getting triggered. There are MILLIONS of racist people in this country. Just read about the abuse Asian-AMERICANS have had to deal with in the last year because of ignorant assed racist whites...who all seem to forget that their ancestors STOLE this country from Native Americans.

There is no foundation. There is only what analysis says there is now.

Racism exists? Racism was part of our foundation. Are we getting better? Yes. But we are nowhere near where we need to be ...
Racism exists? Racism was part of our foundation. Perhaps then it was also part of the foundation of the countries who sold people into slavery. Slavery wasn't "invented" in the US.

Are we getting better? Yes. But we are nowhere near where we need to be ... The stampede at the border begs to differ.

White men getting triggered. The very headline to this thread is the triggered part.

Just read about the abuse Asian-AMERICANS have had to deal with in the last year because of ignorant assed racist whites... There has been long-standing tensions between Asian-American communities and Black communities. That's just a common known fact. The only recent surveillance footage I have seen is Black on AA, but I admit I don't know what you are reading either.

who all seem to forget that their ancestors STOLE this country from Native Americans. I guess the only true reciprocity would be for everyone except NAs would be to GTFO. So if you aren't NA ... please lead the way, right behind ya.

....when your political leaders implement openly racist and bigoted policies, it's pretty obvious. (And yet, did you get a say in that?......)

If that national image concerns you, then vote differently (Ummmmm......), and encourage others to, as well. (........................................................)
Somebody hasn't been paying attention that much has he.......

Racism exists? Racism was part of our foundation. Are we getting better? Yes. But we are nowhere near where we need to be and this thread is absolute proof of that. White men getting triggered. There are MILLIONS of racist people in this country. Just read about the abuse Asian-AMERICANS have had to deal with in the last year because of ignorant assed racist whites...who all seem to forget that their ancestors STOLE this country from Native Americans.
We’ve gotten a lot better Tom.

We’ve gotten a lot better Tom.
Which still puts us at many years away from being perfect. I mean, all it took was a virus coming from Asia for white Americans to feel the need to tell other Americans to go back to their country. All it took was one racist leader to make millions of white Americans feel safe to express their bigotry.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Which still puts us at many years away from being perfect. I mean, all it took was a virus coming from Asia for white Americans to feel the need to tell other Americans to go back to their country. All it took was one racist leader to make millions of white Americans feel safe to express their bigotry.
The vast majority of Americans weren’t telling Asian Americans to “go back to their country”. We’ll always have racists...just a fact....but to suggest that the country writ large is “racist and bigoted” is an exaggeration IMO.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
The vast majority of Americans weren’t telling Asian Americans to “go back to their country”. We’ll always have racists...just a fact....but to suggest that the country writ large is “racist and bigoted” is an exaggeration IMO.
There's also the fact that 70 million Americans will deny being racist but vote WITH the racists and white nationalists in our country.

There's also the fact that 70 million Americans will deny being racist but vote WITH the racists and white nationalists in our country.

Not simply 'vote with them'.

Repeat their racist rhetoric & talking points; gleefully

If you think everyone who voted for trump is a racist I don’t know what to tell you. I assume that the 8 percent of African Americans and 34 percent of latino’s that voted for Trump have to be taken off the racist list right?

Maybe they do that because they hate the positions of Democrats. I would think the vast majority of people who voted Republican did so because they don’t like Democrat policy versus the ones who did so because they are hardcore bigots

but the jackass bigots make a better news story, so that’s what is shown

If you think everyone who voted for trump is a racist I don’t know what to tell you. I assume that the 8 percent of African Americans and 34 percent of latino’s that voted for Trump have to be taken off the racist list right?
I didn't say that they were...I said they vote WITH the racists...and there are a lot of people who deny being racist when they really are.

Another thing, when at least 20 states are actively attempting to make it harder for black people to vote, I would say we still have a pretty big fundamental racial issue still at the heart. Guess who is trying to make these changes to voting laws. Almost exclusively white men.

Reactions: Joes Place
I didn't say that they were...I said they vote WITH the racists...and there are a lot of people who deny being racist when they really are.

Another thing, when at least 20 states are actively attempting to make it harder for black people to vote, I would say we still have a pretty big fundamental racial issue still at the heart. Guess who is trying to make these changes to voting laws. Almost exclusively white men.
The only thing I support is voter ID BUT the ID needs to be issued free of charge. If it’s reliant on a drivers license you have to pay for then no.

I also don’t like limiting polling times etc. no problem with folks voting a month out. I do think that states should be counting votes as they come in though so we’re not waiting a week for results. Just opens a cab of worms that really doesn’t need to be opened.

Say what you want about Florida but they count them as they come in and basically had there results a couple hours after the polls closed

Reactions: Tom Paris
The only thing I support is voter ID BUT the ID needs to be issued free of charge. If it’s reliant on a drivers license you have to pay for then no.

I also don’t like limiting polling times etc. no problem with folks voting a month out. I do think that states should be counting votes as they come in though so we’re not waiting a week for results. Just opens a cab of worms that really doesn’t need to be opened.

Say what you want about Florida but they count them as they come in and basically had there results a couple hours after the polls closed
Agreed. I mean, when a state is trying to make it a misdemeanor to give voters water or food when they are in line waiting to vote, that's really effed up. These lines tend to be more prevalent in areas with large populations of black people.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Agreed. I mean, when a state is trying to make it a misdemeanor to give voters water or food when they are in line waiting to vote, that's really effed up. These lines tend to be more prevalent in areas with large populations of black people.
I agree with that

The only thing I support is voter ID
Why?

It's a solution to a non-problem. Practically ZERO cases of voter fraud have been attributed to it.

On the other hand, MULTIPLE cases of absentee ballot fraud, where IDs would be utterly useless ARE where the fraud attempts have occurred. And mainly by GOP voters.

Why pass laws where there is NO PROBLEM while ignoring completely, where the fraud problems are actually occurring?

The sole answer to this is "voter suppression and racism". There's no other excuse.

Why?

It's a solution to a non-problem. Practically ZERO cases of voter fraud have been attributed to it.

On the other hand, MULTIPLE cases of absentee ballot fraud, where IDs would be utterly useless ARE where the fraud attempts have occurred. And mainly by GOP voters.

Why pass laws where there is NO PROBLEM while ignoring completely, where the fraud problems are actually occurring?

The sole answer to this is "voter suppression and racism". There's no other excuse.
I just don’t see voter ID, as long as it’s free, as unreasonable. I know in Germany and as far as I know most other European countries, voter ID is required. In Germany it’s the “Ausweiss” which every citizen gets issued.

Germans use it for others things as well, like health care ID.

I just don’t see voter ID, as long as it’s free, as unreasonable. I know in Germany and as far as I know most other European countries, voter ID is required. In Germany it’s the “Ausweiss” which every citizen gets issued.

Here, it will be used to suppress voting.

Absent robust safeguards to eliminate that possibility, it's a non-starter for me. And none of those safeguards are ever included, nor discussed, by the GOP who are leading this charge.

Here, it will be used to suppress voting.

Absent robust safeguards to eliminate that possibility, it's a non-starter for me. And none of those safeguards are ever included, nor discussed, by the GOP who are leading this charge.
Not sure how it suppresses the vote if they make it free and have an adequate phase in time.

I do think limiting polling locations or limiting the amount of time/days they’re open suppresses the vote.

That seems like the perfect solution. Universal healthcare for all American citizens and the ID can also be used for voting. You solved two problems. I love the idea, binsfeld!

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I doubt Amanda would have any interest in exaggerating any situation she could label as racial profiling, right? It's not as if that is her schtick?;)

The racists and bigots are doing everything in their power to suppress the vote of the minorities.

Just because "the minorities" have "pulled one or two victories out", doesn't alter the equation here.
ya....riiiight

That seems like the perfect solution. Universal healthcare for all American citizens and the ID can also be used for voting. You solved two problems. I love the idea, binsfeld!
If we go universal healthcare it definitely could be incorporated. My youngest is in the German healthcare system and that’s what she shows when she goes to the doctor or dentist.

How is it that you continue to post on HR during school hours? Must be that new covid schedule that you got workin' huh.

So has the Twitterverse outed the Security Guard yet?

Kind of strange that the Twitter vigilante mob hasn’t identified him....

Last edited:

I deny being a Democrat (because I’m not) but I voted WITH 84 million democrats. Because I voted AGAINST someone. Voting the same as someone else doesn’t make you the same as them. People vote for all kinds of reasons...for and against candidates.

I see that you will be a slow learner. I'll draw lots of pictures so that you can follow along.
Tell him the story about your wife driving through a rough part of town while craigslisting only to get scared while reading a sign that said "fvck your feelings", that is sure to gain his attention.

I deny being a Democrat (because I’m not) but I voted WITH 84 million democrats. Because I voted AGAINST someone. Voting the same as someone else doesn’t make you the same as them. People vote for all kinds of reasons...for and against candidates.
Not sure what you are saying here. If you voted for Trump you voted with White Nationalists, seditionists, and NAZI wannabes. You know, those people who were wearing their 6MWE and Camp Auschwitz shirts. But whatever makes you feel better. If one votes with them....maybe you're on the wrong side of the vote.

Not sure what you are saying here. If you voted for Trump you voted with White Nationalists, seditionists, and NAZI wannabes. You know, those people who were wearing their 6MWE and Camp Auschwitz shirts. But whatever makes you feel better. If one votes with them....maybe you're on the wrong side of the vote.
Uhhhh...what?

I see that you will be a slow learner. I'll draw lots of pictures so that you can follow along.
You still don't get it. Nobody cares what you think. Your opinions are ridiculous and silly. It appears you use this board to make yourself feel relevant. Your not.

Your an idiot. If you can't say something nice then...you know the rest of the story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT