ADVERTISEMENT

Angelo Ferrari Narrows his schools to Final 3 Iowa, Rutgers and VT

Hey being the milk man has some sweet perks. I currently deliver the tit juice for AE
I actually remember the AE milkman delivering to my Grandmothers and putting the order in an aluminum insulated box on the front porch. On special days Grandma would order a quart of chocolate milk too. 😍😍
Lived 2 blocks from the A&W as well. Grandma would give me a glass gallon jug and send me to A&W and they would fill it for $2.00 if memory serves me correct.
Good times!

You're both wrong, the odds of course are 50/50. It either happens or it doesn't
That isn’t how odds work. Although Mark Hall sufficiently proved that all math problems are answered 83%, saying it either happens or it doesn’t, only correlates to 50/50 in one out of nearly infinitesimal percentages.

Reactions: el dub
For a bit of context once all the current seniors graduate, Angelo will be the #3 overall recruit (according to Flo) country. Assad was about #13 if memory serves. Assad had a lot of accolades coming in, but has really underperformed. Just watching the two of them compete as high schoolers, it’s pretty apparent that Angelo is far and away the better athlete. He wrestles a very complete style. Good in all positions. Excellent TD defense and a very diverse offensive skill set. Can score from space, hand fights, elite scrambling ability etc. When put up against other top high schoolers, Angelo dominates. He’s the real deal and fully capable of winning multiple national championships. IMHO
Assad dropped a ways from that.

Reactions: so cal hawkfan
That isn’t how odds work. Although Mark Hall sufficiently proved that all math problems are answered 83%, saying it either happens or it doesn’t, only correlates to 50/50 in one out of nearly infinitesimal percentages.
Dude, you need to drink a few beers. Just chill a bit. Your ticker will thank you

Reactions: lookleft goright
I thought he had momentum going into BT with the win over Wittlake. Then he went 1-2 at BT stuck twice as well. 1-2 at Nationals losing two one point matches to AA. We do need better.
Beating 184 pound Wittlake is definitely not momentum.

Sarcasm my friend

Beating 184 pound Wittlake is definitely not momentum.
That was a big match for Assad after being out for a month, beating a guy ranked above him. The match potentially had big NCAA seeding implications going in.
I’ll agree to disagree.

Not so sure, Angelo has the potential. Majoring under 17 world champion PSU recruit Joe Sealy at WNO.

Thanks for posting. That looked like match between a typical Iowa wrestler (Sealy) vs someone we'd normally see at an okie state or psu ( Ferrari). It will be kind of refreshing to see a wrestler like Angelo in a hawkeye singlet. He wrestled smart, solid in all positions, and in control where sealy was definitely more aggressive and reckless.

No brainer on Ferrari’s. It’s a 3 elite wrestler deal with low risk high reward imo. I believe the Brands will mold these young men and optimize their productivity. Chittum can kick rocks imo and Anthony will beat him soundly. I’m sure Brands have had intimate discussions and Ferrari dad is on board. It could be great redemption story and the stimulus to a great story. Full confidence and if we fortify our lower weights we are completely in team race. Just need a 41 lber.

Reactions: Libertylover
No brainer on Ferrari’s. It’s a 3 elite wrestler deal with low risk high reward imo. I believe the Brands will mold these young men and optimize their productivity. Chittum can kick rocks imo and Anthony will beat him soundly. I’m sure Brands have had intimate discussions and Ferrari dad is on board. It could be great redemption story and the stimulus to a great story. Full confidence and if we fortify our lower weights we are completely in team race. Just need a 41 lber.
I know Chittum isn’t here anymore so we hate him, but Anthony putting on an Iowa singlet doesn’t magically give him the ability to “soundly beat” someone of Chittum’s caliber. He’s really really good which is why Hawk fans are going to boo the sh*t out of him for years to come.

I know Chittum isn’t here anymore so we hate him, but Anthony putting on an Iowa singlet doesn’t magically give him the ability to “soundly beat” someone of Chittum’s caliber. He’s really really good which is why Hawk fans are going to boo the sh*t out of him for years to come.

Agreed. I have seen Chittum wrestle a lot in the last year and he has the potential to be elite. I haven't seen Anthony wrestle in a competition in some time. There is a big question mark there. That said, I heard he does well in the room but there is a long way to go before we put him at CC's level.

Anthony teched Chumbley from NW and was beating Ed Scott fairly soundly until getting trap arm gutted in freestyle a couple of years ago.

Anthony is an outstanding prospect in his own right, he just hasn’t completed for some time. He will be a tough out for anyone at 157 next year.

No brainer on Ferrari’s. It’s a 3 elite wrestler deal with low risk high reward imo.

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Anthony teched Chumbley from NW and was beating Ed Scott fairly soundly until getting trap arm gutted in freestyle a couple of years ago.

Anthony is an outstanding prospect in his own right, he just hasn’t completed for some time. He will be a tough out for anyone at 157 next year.
Do you think he goes 57, saw of flo he said he could go anywhere 149 to 165……I’d certainly say Kennedy stays at 165 for you guys…..but what lineup makes you guys better….between vionovich, cobe and ferrari….one sits

Do you think he goes 57, saw of flo he said he could go anywhere 149 to 165……I’d certainly say Kennedy stays at 165 for you guys…..but what lineup makes you guys better….between vionovich, cobe and ferrari….one sits
Don't leave out Rathjen. Rathjen is certainly on the level as those guys. We have 4 very solid guys for 2 weights. Voinovich, Cobe, and Rathjen are all rd12 type guys and Anthony Ferrari is still to be seen. Keep your eye on Rathjen this weekend at U23's. He might surprise some folks.

Agreed. I have seen Chittum wrestle a lot in the last year and he has the potential to be elite. I haven't seen Anthony wrestle in a competition in some time. There is a big question mark there. That said, I heard he does well in the room but there is a long way to go before we put him at CC's level.
I expected him to be a finalist after seeing the improvement over the last year. Hopefully he gets Dressered.

Reactions: IAChief32
Don't leave out Rathjen. Rathjen is certainly on the level as those guys. We have 4 very solid guys for 2 weights. Voinovich, Cobe, and Rathjen are all rd12 type guys and Anthony Ferrari is still to be seen. Keep your eye on Rathjen this weekend at U23's. He might surprise some folks.
You’re absolutely right, we have a lot of talent stacked up around those two weights. Will be interesting and fun to watch who makes it through the gauntlet.

I like the approach at 149/157. None of these guys are sure thing contributors. None of them have come close to placing or demonstrated they are capable of it. But they do have some pedigree and skills. Get the bodies in the room and hope at least one of them pans out. Keep swinging until you hit. My best guess for the lineup is Voinovich/Siebrecht. Ideally, Anthony figures things out and takes 157. He is the most talented in the group imo, but not counting on it.

Chittum is a better prospect than all of these guys, but far from a sure thing. He is often injured (injured again currently) and more of a brawler than technician/athlete. Still hasn't developed a go-to leg attack imo. Wouldn't be surprised if he's a 2-4x aa, but never makes the finals.

I like the approach at 149/157. None of these guys are sure thing contributors. None of them have come close to placing or demonstrated they are capable of it. But they do have some pedigree and skills. Get the bodies in the room and hope at least one of them pans out. Keep swinging until you hit. My best guess for the lineup is Voinovich/Siebrecht. Ideally, Anthony figures things out and takes 157. He is the most talented in the group imo, but not counting on it.

Chittum is a better prospect than all of these guys, but far from a sure thing. He is often injured (injured again currently) and more of a brawler than technician/athlete. Still hasn't developed a go-to leg attack imo. Wouldn't be surprised if he's a 2-4x aa, but never makes the finals.

Saying guys like Voinovich and Siebrecht aren’t sure thing contributors is an interesting take. Have they not already proved they can contribute?

Saying guys like Voinovich and Siebrecht aren’t sure thing contributors is an interesting take. Have they not already proved they can contribute?
No, they haven't. Combined 3.5 career team points at ncaa's. They've proved they can qualify for NCAA's and win a match or two. That's not a serious contributor for Iowa.

No, they haven't. Combined 3.5 career team points at ncaa's. They've proved they can qualify for NCAA's and win a match or two. That's not a serious contributor for Iowa.

Oh. Well that seems different. But point taken and thanks for clarifying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT