ADVERTISEMENT

Ferrari's

ferrari-f430-black-gold-china-1.jpg
Asian Pimp Mobile! That's a good way of making a Ferrari look like some kids Toyota Supra. SMH

Reactions: el dub
Agree about Anthony, he looks like a very hard worker, is strong as hell for his size, and may do just as well as his brothers, even if he was not as highly ranked in high school. He seems to fit the Brands style and mentality more than the Oklahoma state way. I think Angelo would be smart to redshirt if wants multiple titles, but I think all three of them are in a hurry to move on to MMA, so they don’t want to linger in college for 5 or 6 years.
The Brands’ style and mentality hasn’t had much success lately, eh? I’d like to see them change their mentality a bit unless scrapping for the #2 spot is the goal.

You are just an optimistic guy. Kudos to you for that.

I'm a cynic. Repeat offenders are a real thing in life. Sometimes the "almost" losing everything part tells them they can probably just do it again. Some people spend days/weeks/years/decades doing hard time in prison and yet they can't wait to get out and continue being a POS. One can't just say they have changed, they have to prove they have changed.

Here's to the Ferrari boys learning from their mistakes and being good citizens whether they take the mat at Iowa or not.
I am blushing.. That may be the nicest thing you have ever said to me! :)

The Brands’ style and mentality hasn’t had much success lately, eh? I’d like to see them change their mentality a bit unless scrapping for the #2 spot is the goal.
I meant the high octane tenacity and work ethic . You combine that with much better talent like the Ferrari’s and you could get a very synergistic situation.

Anthony is killing it in the room, and if it weren't for Franek, he would be our starter whenever he enrolled. As it stands, he's the heir apparent.

AJ has been in the room a few times. He's still got it.

They're going to be choir boys for a year. But I just don't see this ending well.
I guess that depends on what is, and will be considered acceptable behavior. I went to Iowa in the early to mid 80's - those teams weren't filled with choir boys either.

I guess that depends on what is, and will be considered acceptable behavior. I went to Iowa in the early to mid 80's - those teams weren't filled with choir boys either.
In the age of camera phones and social media, there’s a different bar one must clear.

Trust me, this team ain’t full of choir boys either.

That story about Kem and Tom and how he doesn’t want guys who party and he wants Kem to help clean it up?

Yeah. That’s gone. Tom is desperate.

Reactions: el dub

That story about Kem and Tom and how he doesn’t want guys who party and he wants Kem to help clean it up?

In the 80's the ability to party was a prerequisite - coaches too.

Reactions: vhsalum
At Iowa? Under 5.5.
All in including past and future transfers? Over 5.5.
Let's be honest, we better make hay while we can with these guys bc odds are they won't be here their entire careers. It's the way of the ncaa now especially for guys that run at red line most of the time. I'm here for it though, ready to enjoy the ride!

I wonder if there are any top athletes who have stayed away due to knowing about some of their “beliefs”?

I wonder if there are any top athletes who have stayed away due to knowing about some of their “beliefs”?
It’s a mixed bag - but Tarp can tell you - when gable cleaned up the program l, it had to do more with having MORE clean cut guys and making sure they were of influence.

Same at PSU - I know early on it wasn’t pretty much zero tolerance. Q talked about the entire team being punished if it were found out guys were at the bars.

Pretty sure it’s somewhat more relaxed now (Cenzo and Marky likes to party) - but their best guys were clean living (DT, Zain, nolf nickal, megaludis)

It’s a mixed bag - but Tarp can tell you - when gable cleaned up the program l, it had to do more with having MORE clean cut guys and making sure they were of influence.

Same at PSU - I know early on it wasn’t pretty much zero tolerance. Q talked about the entire team being punished if it were found out guys were at the bars.

Pretty sure it’s somewhat more relaxed now (Cenzo and Marky likes to party) - but their best guys were clean living (DT, Zain, nolf nickal, megaludis)
If I am a top notch recruit who likes to have a good time I am heading to ASU to hang with Zahid. Don’t see how Iowa can compete with that

I think we had too many guys in '87-88-89 who thought it must be easy to be an NCAA champ because Royce and Lewboo and Rico made it look so effortless. But they didn't have the skills or the work ethic.

Tom and Terry saved the program. They had a singular, kamikaze focus. They couldn't score a takedown on Davis or Penrith for two years, but they were too stubborn to accept it. So they just kept getting better and better until others realized, well, shit, we can be a lot better too--our raw, mistake-prone, hot-tempered redshirt freshman just tied the NCAA champ in a dual.

Then the Steiners came in and also had a kamikaze focus. They were not insane like the Brands, but they had the same relentless work ethic.

And everyone else upped their game.

There was definitely less beer consumed in the summer of '90 than the summer of '88--five guys on the team (including Zaputil) didn't drink.

But it was more about raw skill + hard work + perseverance than anything else. Royce Alger could kick anyone's ass on the team 10x over. Penrith stopped drinking and didn't win another title--just sayin'--not always a clear correlation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT