ADVERTISEMENT

Another Pollard-Being-a-Clown Thread

Feb 28, 2019
I know I probably shouldn't start this thread because it's just what ISU wants, but Hawkeye football isn't for another two months and I need some drama in my life.

I used to give pollard the benefit of the doubt because I think he's done a ton for Iowa State's relevancy. But he acts like an actual child on social media. Pollard's tweets and "poking the bear" comments are such low hanging fruit. Campbell takes tons of shots too (see. "actually helping farmers" stunt). It's bush league crap that appeals to sheep. Keep in mind that these are two of the highest paid employees in the state.

Here's the point: I don't remember the last time Kirk/Barta said a bad word about those guys. Ever.
Their guys mock us and our guys just go about their business. Kirk isnt the greatest coach in the land, but I dare you to find a more professional coach than him. He is defined by his character. ISU fans will claim Pollard and Campbell are professional, but their cheap teasing certainly doesn't whiff of class or professionalism.

Last edited:
It is just the world we live in. For some reason people really love the person who yells the loudest, and says the most outrageous and dumbest shit. It doesn't matter what the truth is, as long as it bolsters our chosen narrative. You only have to look at our current political environment for indisputable proof. Pollard, and Campbell, have figured out that ISU fans don't give a rip about anything that doesn't involve hating Iowa. They can say whatever they want. If their words accomplish the fans need to hate Iowa, the ISU masses will love them for it. If they don't, the fans will seek out someone who will. Sheep is right, but aren't we all.

I know I probably shouldn't start this thread because it's just what ISU wants, but Hawkeye football isn't for another two months and I need some drama in my life.

I used to give pollard the benefit of the doubt because I think he's done a ton for Iowa State's relevancy. But he acts like an actual child on social media. Pollard's tweets and "poking the bear" comments are such low hanging fruit. Campbell takes tons of shots too (see. "actually helping farmers" stunt). It's bush league crap that appeals to sheep. Keep in mind that these are two of the highest paid employees in the state.

Here's the point: I don't remember the last time Kirk/Barta said a bad word about those guys. Ever.
Their guys mock us and our guys just go about their business. Kirk isnt the greatest coach in the land, but I dare you to find a more professional coach than him. He is defined by his character. ISU fans will claim Pollard and Campbell are professional, but their cheap teasing certainly doesn't whiff of class or professionalism.

When did ISU become relevant? Did I have a Rip van Winkle episode?

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Pollard is the guy that keeps getting knocked down and when he comes around, gets up stumbling and talking more trash. Some may see this as admirable. It isn't though, because there's nothing noble about what he's doing. He's a common troll. With a trophy case of empty.

Little brother always checking in on what Iowa football is up to. Little red wouldn't care unless they envied Iowa.

Jamie Pollard, Chris Williams, and Brent Blum are perfect representatives for ISU. You could hold open auditions for the most delusional, insecure, and irritating ISU fan, with tens of thousands of Clone showing up, and those 3 would rise to the top.

Edit: Let’s add Randy Peterson as well.

Last edited:
Like him or hate him Pollard knows how to play up to his fan base. He can make these little digs. Their fan base gets excited and for the most part Iowa thinks this is Pollard being pollard. So really no bulletin board material. No lose situation for Iowa State.

Why is he a fantastic AD?

Not sure if you're serious but I'll bite.

- Responsible for the best decade of ISU basketball history
- Responsible for ISU's best finishes in the Directors Cup
- Responsible for Matt Campbell and 2 of the best seasons in ISU history
- A member of the NCAA CBB selection committee (10 members)
- Voted national AD of the year
https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...s-jamie-pollard-named-ad-of-the-year-20190306

Ever seen an AD be selected to the CBB committee or be voted AD of the year and not be fantastic?

Reactions: mustang_hawk

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...s-jamie-pollard-named-ad-of-the-year-20190306

Ever seen an AD be selected to the CBB committee or be voted AD of the year and not be fantastic?

So, ISU is partially melted mud as opposed to frozen earth. Awesome. You still haven't done a damn thing nationally under Pollard. Zip.

And I hope Kirk and Brian hang 50 on them this fall in winning the game like they've done the last few years.

Reactions: VodkaSam

Pollard has overseen fourteen basketball seasons. The results:
277-190. .593
7 NCAA appearances. 7-7 tournament record with 2 Sweet 16s

The fourteen seasons before he became AD:
276-168. .622
8 NCAA appearances. 9-8 tournament record. One Sweet Sixteen and one Elite Eight. (that team won 32 games)

Yes, Pollard DEFINITELY saved ISU basketball.

I will do football next.

Here are ISU's football numbers pre and post Pollard:
2005-2018
67-106. .387
2-4 in bowl games

1991-2014
55-104-2. .346
2-2 in bowl games.

Congratulations. They improved from a .346 team to a .387 team under Pollard.

Conclusion: Iowa State B ball was good long before Pollard got there. They have been mostly good since he has been there. ISU football has sucked forever. They have continued to suck under his leadership.

Have a nice day.

JP is smart. He knows his fan base doesn’t give a crap about anything but Iowa. There is a reason there are more posts on CF about Iowa than even ISU let alone any of their conference opponents. Hell when Brian (Twins) who is part owner of CF has 50k posts on Iowa the proof is in pudding and JP knows how to get his base excited. Oh yeah, on JP’s track record, under his watch didn’t the 2 prodigal sons of ISU in the Mayor and Cael bail for other jobs? And boy Morgan, McDermott, Chizik and Rhoades were awesome hires. He is great for ISU and their delusional and inferiority ridden fan base.

2005-2018
67-106. .387
2-4 in bowl games

1991-2014
55-104-2. .346
2-2 in bowl games.

Conclusion: Iowa State B ball was good long before Pollard got there. They have been mostly good since he has been there. ISU football has sucked forever. They have continued to suck under his leadership.

Have a nice day.

He's been really good at making the fan base feel good about themselves and in putting them in a much better financial situation. As you pointed out, the results on the field and court haven't changed much.

If you have to tell people that you're "just as good" ..... you're not just as good.

Reactions: PNWHawk
He's been really good at making the fan base feel good about themselves and in putting them in a much better financial situation. As you pointed out, the results on the field and court haven't changed much.

Are they in a better financial situation based on his actions? Have they kicked the van down the road with how leveraged they are?

Yes

When the benchmark is ‘ISU success’ then there isn’t a very big bar to jump. The record in basketball has actually gone down since he got there compared to the previous similar period.

Are they in a better financial situation based on his actions? Have they kicked the van down the road with how leveraged they are?

Don't know how leveraged or not they are. I do know the stadium is much better than it was in the mid-1990s when it was basically a glorified high school stadium.

This is from the guy who boasts about donning the fellow in-State football programs colors. Never ever, will you see IOWA wearing red unless it’s a rose. Too much tradition and pride in our colors.

He’s perfect for ISU. Huge inferiority complex coupled with poor sportsmanship and delusion. I prefer an AD that won’t get tossed from a HS gym because he’s acting like an infant with a dirty diaper. So glad he’s in Ames.

Reactions: grayhair81

1. ISU BB has been decent but not great no matter what their fans seem to think. Long before Pollard arrived
2. Directors Cup is a joke, few people care about it at all. Even those who play minor sports.
3. Campbell hire thus far has proven to be good. Does he regress like other coaches have or possibly take a new job.
4. if you are a P5 AD long enough you are going to be asked to serve on this committee. Probably don't need to even be a power 5 AD to get on the committee.
5. Just like COY it is an honor but does something that is unexpected.

What a buffoon. Didn't this guy get kicked out of a high school basketball game for being so obnoxious.. his obsession with iowa is creepy

Just more bulletin board material.. I'll take whatever motivation I can get when no players on this Hawkeye team have lost to iowa state

2005-2018
67-106. .387
2-4 in bowl games

1991-2014
55-104-2. .346
2-2 in bowl games.

Have a nice day.
And the mic drops.

Reactions: TCOOL
The only way their pants are yellow is from what runs down their leg (BTW - brown also).

Speaking of shitting oneself.

IMG_1689.jpg

Yes

When the benchmark is ‘ISU success’ then there isn’t a very big bar to jump. The record in basketball has actually gone down since he got there compared to the previous similar period.

So it took Poltard 14 years to be chosen to the CBB committee? Must not be that good.

If I had to bet, I’d bet this is due to the remarks by Hawkeye fans last year that Cyclones were imitating them by wearing black unis

If I had to bet, I’d bet this is due to the remarks by Hawkeye fans last year that Cyclones were imitating them by wearing black unis

That's fine, but why is your Athletic Director getting involved with that squabble in the first place? The point is that Kirk and Barta have never gotten involved in this form of petty back-and-forth with the ISU fanbase.

Here's an objective fact: many ISU fans denounced us when a 21-year-old college student tweeted at them after a cy-hawk game. It's also evident that many ISU fans support their 59-year-old AD lobbing similar barbs at us.

The standards here are a little criss-crossed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT