ADVERTISEMENT

Any good news coming?

Can we get back on track here?

If Ben Keuter goes football full time, Iowa would be wise to pick up Navarro Schunke from Brandon Valley, SD. I've watched this kid since he was an 8th grader dominating ( ok, the competition wasn't stellar at the time) the state tournament at 220. He's now a heavy and wreaking havoc nationally, majoring or pinning everyone last month at the NHSCA HS Nationals, while winning double international titles at Northern Plains Regional. Pretty much untouchable nationallly since 2019. Great legger and pinner.

His older brother Damion ( 2 timer- lost a year to injury) wrestles at ASU, just finished his redshirt freshman season. Wouldn't that be something to bring home big brother and have the set? Much closer for the parent's/family to watch.
We don’t want the Schunke family.

I’ve seen them wrestle many times and are overrated. They are not Iowa level.
Nobody thought the Scherr Brothers were either. Nebraska picked them up, 2 titles and about 7 World medals. Bonomo Brothers ended up at Bloomsburg State- won 3 Nattys. Brands Bros were a bit troublesome and didn't actually set the world on fire in high school, but they turned out pretty well. The Jordans proved to win a few. Iowa didn't come a barkin at them either. Were the Deans recruited by Iowa?

Feisty brothers are something to at least consider. Navarro is one cool customer.

But,,,your take is your take.

Nobody thought the Scherr Brothers were either. Nebraska picked them up, 2 titles and about 7 World medals. Bonomo Brothers ended up at Bloomsburg State- won 3 Nattys. Brands Bros were a bit troublesome and didn't actually set the world on fire in high school, but they turned out pretty well. The Jordans proved to win a few. Iowa didn't come a barkin at them either. Were the Deans recruited by Iowa?

Feisty brothers are something to at least consider. Navarro is one cool customer.

But,,,your take is your take.
Also, injury prone.

Also, injury prone.
Sheeet....all the kids are banged up. I think Iowa recently did ok with a certain flyweight who didn't possess any appreciable ligature affixed to his tibias/fibulas/femurs. The wonders of modern medicine.

By the way, everyone thought those Alton and Dardanes twins were God's gift to wrestling. Apparently they proved to be human.

The eye test showed me that Navarro Schunke is one excellent and technical wrestler who could score a lot of points for any team.

But, we shall see. Maybe he'll just go to ASU to be with big brother and play football. He's been on a lot of visits this spring.

Last edited:
all three Ironsides were on the team at one point too

Matt went juco and won at least one title maybe two…… college wasn’t his thing……a family member I’m close with still swears Matt was better than Mark

Timmy might be my favorite of the brothers….. but he was too nice to wrestle at that level he didn’t have the mean streak on the mat the other two did

Don't forget about the Dudley Brothers... Buh Buh Ray , Spike , and D-Von Dudley ...I think they were all pretty talented but their repeated use of folding tables was frowned upon in Carver.

Reactions: hawkeyealumni
Just because I’m a rookie poster does not mean I’m not Knowledgeable. If you’re going to criticize at least give a decent opinion.
Navarro is much better than his brother Damian. He is a huge heavyweight and a legit 4 star football recruit. His athleticism was exposed by Koy Hopke who handled him pretty convincingly. I think Navarro will be a solid heavyweight but fits more into the mold of a guy like Seth Nevills than the super athletic heavyweights.

Navarro is much better than his brother Damian. He is a huge heavyweight and a legit 4 star football recruit. His athleticism was exposed by Koy Hopke who handled him pretty convincingly. I think Navarro will be a solid heavyweight but fits more into the mold of a guy like Seth Nevills than the super athletic heavyweights.
Koy Hopke is A-1 Top of the list, which is why he is going Minnesota- who produces great heavies and has Gable to work out with. It took him 4:18 to pin Schunke, everyone else at Folkstyle Nationals was 3:17 or less. It's no surprise to me. Hopke's average match ( he computed it himself) last :40 this past high school season.

Hopke was definitely the prize. He also pinned ( First period) Two State Champs from Wisconsin during the season. Didn't break a sweat.

Have Ben Keuter and Hopke wrestled each other?
Cole/Connor Mirasola and Keuter?
Aoden Sinclair and Keuter? Just wondering.

Navarro Schunke still has another year of high school left to graduate.

sorry betty i made that up, screwin with you. i do not follow high school wrestling, so i have no idea if these two have ever wrestled.funny how the internet works

So you're an asshole on the internet. Nice.

Reactions: el dub
sorry betty i made that up, screwin with you. i do not follow high school wrestling, so i have no idea if these two have ever wrestled.funny how the internet works
stephen colbert fake news GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT