ADVERTISEMENT

****Badgers @ Hawks Game Thread****

This was supposedly an experienced crew today. Haaaa. How many times was play stopped for a review.

Bucky is going to get some prime officiating next Friday. They sympathy make up game.

the basketball rules are little bit lame. It should be the guy knocking the ball out out of bounds in 50/50 situation. Trying to parse whose fingernails touched it last is silly.

Anyway, this was a clutch win. Iowa has to be able to win games like this if they want to be good.

Davison definitely hooked and it never should even have been a foul on Murray. I suppose Wisky fans think JBo through an elbow on the tie up, but he had already been fouled before that point. Refs swallowing whistle trying to makeup for the eff up on the original hook and hold
No that I think they would get it right, but if that's a foul, it's a foul on the defense for invading Jordan's space. He had two guys in his shorts.

That's strong talk. TV Teddy was pretty bad.

TV Teddy was, or at least became a disgustingly dishonest official. Although, he hated Knight and watching the team in the ugly unis take a brutal rape usually inflicted by the B!G on the Hoosiers opposition is a awfully good time. Otherwise, a total crook.

I think TV Teddy is about the last of the guys that came up when Phil Bova and scum bags like that were still around. Bad mentoring.

As hard as it is to type these words, the officiating is way better than 25-45 years ago.

IMHO.....game ball to Keegan Murray.
for sure last 2 minutes
a. Scores 5 of iowas last 12
b. 2 offensive rebounds leading to 6 2nd Chance points

with out his offensive rebounding, 3-3 FT, Iowa loses today

why Fran get him more minutes...especially last 5 minutes

for sure last 2 minutes

He played 27 minutes today. Not like he rode the bench.

Reactions: KcTo
For all the bitching about the reviews by the officials, almost of the the reviews went Iowa's way....Their not perfect but they got it right today....that's all that can be asked of them!

Reactions: HAWKSRK
I kind of hate how whiny our fan base has become....if it’s not a 100% perfectly clean game it’s cheating us out of wins....

Maybe we just need to put on the big boy pants in crunchtime.
JBO taking over!
THIS. If i ever miss the game or don't know the score, I can just hop on here and see how much everyone is complaining about the officials. If Iowa is winning, the refs are ok, if Iowa is losing, it's the incompetent refs fault, blah blah blah.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
That's strong talk. TV Teddy was pretty bad.
TV Ted was a good ref back when the game was MUCH different. I think that was the issue with so many refs transitioning through the 90s and 00s.

The game was getting faster, players were getting stronger and more physical, and rules were constantly changing to adjust with the times.

Today's game is SO MUCH more different than it was in the '80s.

TV Ted was actually a decent ref in a different era of basketball. He did not progress with the times and his antics only got worse with age.

Reactions: AlvySinger
THIS. If i ever miss the game or don't know the score, I can just hop on here and see how much everyone is complaining about the officials. If Iowa is winning, the refs are ok, if Iowa is losing, it's the incompetent refs fault, blah blah blah.

Ummm, I don't post much here during the game, because I think it's a bit over the top, but the refereeing today was as bad as I've ever seen, and I've been watching

for sure last 2 minutes

3-3 FT?

Reactions: BBHawk
I was able to get 2 sets of 2 for the BTT through IU and will be selling sessions that I will not be using. One set is in the 100/200 level and the other is in the 300/400 level (these could be upgraded to 100/200 level via waiting list should someone decline seats). I don’t know the exact seat location for either set and according to my confirmation email may not until the tickets arrive via email from Ticket Master “by the end of the day on Tuesday” which really sucks for trying to move sessions I don’t plan to use. My IU contact MAY be able to find out my seat locations tomorrow when the IU allotment is assigned and if so I’ll update this post. I know there will be an option to list sessions via the Ticket Master app or StubHub but fees are stupid high for both sellers and buyers. I’d prefer to bypass the system and keep things reasonable pricing wise.
Anyway, I don’t want to start a dedicated thread on your board for this and figure any fans that give a ***** will be watching this thread. PM me if you have any interest.

Reactions: iahawks10
Ummm, I don't post much here during the game, because I think it's a bit over the top, but the refereeing today was as bad as I've ever seen, and I've been watching
You must not hop on here often; every game is the worst officiated game ever.

KcTo said:
for sure last 2 minutes

Murray goes 3 for 3 in free throws in the last 2 minutes of this game....
does that answer your question?

KcTo said:
for sure last 2 minutes

Murray goes 3 for 3 in free throws in the last 2 minutes of this game....
does that answer your question?

It helps.

Well that's not necessarily true. Iowa won and the reffing was as bad as I've ever seen. I'm not sure which team got screwed the worst. Over a half hour of reviews in less than 3 minutes of playing time is hard to beat.

JoBo

1414645187530.jpeg
Bump.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT